Dominions 3 Middle Age "GROGHAMMER" game [running]

Started by JasonPratt, April 03, 2013, 10:16:14 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

byrdman57

In case anyone was concerned, Olaf has once again joined the realm of the living. On a side note, I now have like 15 generic priests sitting around. Ritual suicide may be in their cards in the future...

undercovergeek

come on the Eriu!!! youve expanded smartly without him

byrdman57

Oddly enough, my pretender is not particularly relevant to my plans for this game  ::)

W8taminute

Quote from: byrdman57 on May 06, 2013, 01:01:04 PM
Ritual suicide may be in their cards in the future...

Maybe they can all achieve the 'level beyond human' and catch a ride on a U.F.O.?

"You and I are of a kind. In a different reality, I could have called you friend."

Romulan Commander to Kirk

ScottWAR

$%^&$. a few Hero Trolls decided to "liberate" one of my territories........Wearing magic armor and weapons. I have a feeling this next battle is going to get bloody..........................grrrr.

byrdman57

Quote from: ScottWAR on May 06, 2013, 04:08:13 PM
$%^&$. a few Hero Trolls decided to "liberate" one of my territories........Wearing magic armor and weapons. I have a feeling this next battle is going to get bloody..........................grrrr.

I would advise against trying to fight them right now. They are incredibly strong, with powerful magic weapons, and they have unique orders to attack commanders. Generally, they'll kill your commanders really quickly. It takes a lot to beat them, and it usually isn't worth the effort and cost this early in the game.

Ogaburan

Quote from: byrdman57 on May 06, 2013, 04:15:33 PM

I would advise against trying to fight them right now. They are incredibly strong, with powerful magic weapons, and they have unique orders to attack commanders. Generally, they'll kill your commanders really quickly. It takes a lot to beat them, and it usually isn't worth the effort and cost this early in the game.

I agree!
Unless you really know what you are doing (Mind Burn, Paralyze...) better not throw armies at them.

elitesix

Just to clear up any confusion, Atlantis is open to diplomatic agreements with any and all nations, including land nations, unless I hear otherwise from Jason!

JasonPratt

I think sometime around gamestart there was an agreement that the players felt okay with allowing the sea factions to create alliances. So I have no problem with it. (I only disallowed it originally to help prevent game imbalances, since experienced sea players can dominate.)
ICEBREAKER THESIS CHRONOLOGY! -- Victor Suvorov's Stalin Grand Strategy theory, in lots and lots of chronological order...
Dawn of Armageddon -- narrative AAR for Dawn of War: Soulstorm: Ultimate Apocalypse
Survive Harder! -- Two season narrative AAR, an Amazon Blood Bowl career.
PanzOrc Corpz Generals -- Fantasy Wars narrative AAR, half a combined campaign.
Khazâd du-bekâr! -- narrative dwarf AAR for LotR BfME2 RotWK campaign.
RobO Q Campaign Generator -- archived classic CMBB/CMAK tool!

elitesix

Did you take misfortune scales? If so how much order/turmoil and how much misfortune? I'm trying to do some case studies on misfortune scales.

ScottWAR

Quote from: elitesix on May 06, 2013, 05:42:17 PM

Did you take misfortune scales? If so how much order/turmoil and how much misfortune? I'm trying to do some case studies on misfortune scales.

No. I took a very vanilla approach. The territory they took had no unrest,....and a general there with 20 troops patrolling. The general died and most of the troops escaped to various surrounding territories. I see how they go after commanders first,....and in my attack I have a surprise for them if they do the same thing.

Can the trolls move and attack an adjacent territory?

I think I can handle them............I am strong in what they are weak against..................

claes

Quote from: W8taminute on May 06, 2013, 10:44:42 AMAs we move deeper into this particular game the decisions being made for each turn increase exponentially in complexity.  Hence more time is needed to process a turn the later we get into the game.  I for one need plenty of time to ponder and reason out the issues that are presented to me as the game develops.  Although I could speed up my response time by immediately submitting my turn upon email receipt, I won't because I may need to analyze the situation more closely.  That means that I need to get real life stuff done first and out of the way so that I have a good time block to dedicate to this game.  If I didn't care about what happened to me sure I'd rush through and submit my turns quickly.
I have decided, this far in, that from now on I will be taking copious notes as I go along, as well as finding a mod that can tell me which provinces I have taken certain actions in (or try my hand at making my first mod) perhaps with a color designation in the corner, or something, as well as taking notes on decisions and projected paths for certain commanders and provinces.  It has gotten much, much longer for turns, for a first time mp player like myself.  But I am enjoying them immensely.

Myrmidon

Hey all,

I'm terribly sorry to have to say this, but I've had some RL stuff come up that won't permit me to keep up with this game any further.   I'm bummed because I was having a great time, and off to a good start.

That being said, hope you all enjoy the remainder of the game.  I'll PM JasonPratt my Pretender password, and let him know of my current NAPs and hostilities.

Sorry!