Dominions 3 Middle Age "GROGHAMMER" game [running]

Started by JasonPratt, April 03, 2013, 10:16:14 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Huw the Poo

Quote from: claes on April 25, 2013, 03:28:02 PM
I am really enjoying this particular game, as it is my first Dom game but I wouldn't actually mind if I missed a turn because I am sure that whatever the AI chooses would be better than anything I choose,

The AI won't do anything for you; if you miss a turn, it processes as if you hadn't given any orders at all.  The AI will only act for you if you explicitly tell it to take over, but that's permanent and will put you out of the game.

undercovergeek

So I hope I don't hold anyone back too terribly but I will have time for a turn this evening and then it's early to bed and then up at 5 to caravan out to the US/Mexican border to hike 20 miles North to Lake Morena where I will be spending that night and the next.  On Sunday morning we pack up and head back to civilization.

I am really enjoying this particular game, as it is my first Dom game but I wouldn't actually mind if I missed a turn because I am sure that whatever the AI chooses would be better than anything I choose, but all the same I am learning quite a bit as I inch forward into the provinces surrounding my capital.  Anyway, this is just a heads up for the weekend.  I am fine with however Jason wants to handle it.

Its best to move the limit Claes - the AI wont do anything for you, youll research what you were researching, build what you were building but it wont move any troops or proavtively change your game - it is literally as if you just received the turn and clicked end turn again and sent it in

undercovergeek

Quote from: Huw the Poo on April 25, 2013, 03:32:12 PM
I am really enjoying this particular game, as it is my first Dom game but I wouldn't actually mind if I missed a turn because I am sure that whatever the AI chooses would be better than anything I choose,

The AI won't do anything for you; if you miss a turn, it processes as if you hadn't given any orders at all.  The AI will only act for you if you explicitly tell it to take over, but that's permanent and will put you out of the game.

46 seconds!!!!!

dom ninja

ScottWAR

Its getting warm outside, at least where I live,...so I would expect people to be getting out and enjoying it. Have fun and be safe.

Ogaburan

Quote from: ScottWAR on April 25, 2013, 04:12:17 PM
Its getting warm outside, at least where I live,...so I would expect people to be getting out and enjoying it. Have fun and be safe.

claes

I live in Southern CA and it is going to be quite warm.  My biggest consideration is water, and this year I am bringing much more than last time.  Unfortunately water is the heaviest thing that you carry.  But come the end of the 20 miles hiking through the desert with only a couple of gallons of water you feel it.  I was wiping salt crystals off of my brow last time and my muscles were aching.  So I am bringing and drinking as much as I can this time.  Thanks for all of the good wishes.  I'll only really be gone Fri and Sat and I should be back Sun afternoon barring catastrophe.

elitesix

Quote from: JasonPratt on April 24, 2013, 09:53:01 AM
Quote from: Philippe on April 24, 2013, 08:55:50 AM
Fog of war is always good.

And more manly.

That was my justification for leaving the graphs off in the initial gamepost, yep. :)

]dammit I'm still relevant to this thread somehowwwww....

As of turn 12, Oceania is no more :(.

However, if we find a necromancer and if you wish it, we will resurrect the great Gamin to serve in undeath, as he did in life, with great valor and honor (we left renaming on, right?).

Bison

Huh...well there's a reason why Aquaman isn't a major super hero star with his own movies.

JasonPratt

Yes, renaming is on, but for some reason I've never been able to rename heroes in my other two games (despite renaming supposedly being on there, too). Let me know how that turns out.

I'll bump the gameclock up to late Monday night Pacific Standard time (96 hours) in case Claes isn't able to get back in time to do a turn Sunday night feasibly (and then of course work Monday).
ICEBREAKER THESIS CHRONOLOGY! -- Victor Suvorov's Stalin Grand Strategy theory, in lots and lots of chronological order...
Dawn of Armageddon -- narrative AAR for Dawn of War: Soulstorm: Ultimate Apocalypse
Survive Harder! -- Two season narrative AAR, an Amazon Blood Bowl career.
PanzOrc Corpz Generals -- Fantasy Wars narrative AAR, half a combined campaign.
Khazâd du-bekâr! -- narrative dwarf AAR for LotR BfME2 RotWK campaign.
RobO Q Campaign Generator -- archived classic CMBB/CMAK tool!

W8taminute

I was able to rename my commanders as well as my prophet but I haven't tried to rename my pretender.  I love having rename on by the way.   ;)
"You and I are of a kind. In a different reality, I could have called you friend."

Romulan Commander to Kirk

elitesix

I know once you enter the Hall of Fame you cannot rename.

Myrmidon

Quote from: elitesix on April 25, 2013, 10:31:18 PM

Aha!!  Very insightful!  I need to get on with re-naming my prophets sooner rather than later.

Ogaburan

Quote from: Myrmidon on April 26, 2013, 07:09:04 AM
Quote from: elitesix on April 25, 2013, 10:31:18 PM

Aha!!  Very insightful!  I need to get on with re-naming my prophets sooner rather than later.

Don't think you CAN rename your prophet to begin with...

W8taminute

^You might be right about renaming prophets.  I renamed the commander before I made him a prophet.  Forgot to mention that.   ;)
"You and I are of a kind. In a different reality, I could have called you friend."

Romulan Commander to Kirk

Philippe

If I understand what's happening, we'll probably have a turn sent to us today in about nine or ten hours, and then nothing until very late on Sunday (or Monday morning if you live in the UK).
Every generation gets the Greeks and Romans it deserves.

History is a bad joke played by the living on the dead.

Senility is no excuse for feeblemindedness.