Dominions 3 Middle Age "GROGHAMMER" game [running]

Started by JasonPratt, April 03, 2013, 10:16:14 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

elitesix

Azag, the Kraken-Demigod of Atlantis, bided its time for three millennium (aside: he's 2900+ years old and is not even in "old age" in game :) ). In the deep, cold, dark recesses of the deepest trenches of the ocean, he lay in wait. There, in murky deeps, where no light can penetrate, he foresaw that the Pankrator would fall, and that there would be a chance for his rightful ascension to supreme Godhood. Two hundred years ago, in preparation, he conquered the Coral Towers of Atlantis and converted the Atlantean rulers to his cause with promises of glory, riches, and power, in exchange for their allegiance. And then it happened, the Pankrator disappeared, and various pretenders around the world prepared for war.

Gamin, the Archmage-Demigod of Oceania, would be his first victim. Whether by the might of the Atlantean armies, the ancient strength of the Kraken himself, or his ability to inspire people to worship him by his mere presence, the deed would be done, within the first year of the ascension war. Azag would see to it!

Ogaburan

Quote from: Philippe on April 17, 2013, 05:58:48 PM
We should have all started keeping journals from day one, so that when this is all over there will be a record of forgotten wars.  Never too late to start secret chronicles that are only published at game end -- but the individual entries should be short.

What you say is exactly what I am writing atm...

Ogaburan

Double post, dunno how to delete myself...
Sry.

Bison

Intraweb issues this evening I'll try to get on and send back my turn later tonight.

JasonPratt

I suppose I will tease the audience by revealing ahead of time there is one other factor to my strategy I haven't mentioned yet. Whether it will come into play, and what affect it will have, remains to be seen. We'll know when the next turn processes.

Or I'll know at least.  ;D
ICEBREAKER THESIS CHRONOLOGY! -- Victor Suvorov's Stalin Grand Strategy theory, in lots and lots of chronological order...
Dawn of Armageddon -- narrative AAR for Dawn of War: Soulstorm: Ultimate Apocalypse
Survive Harder! -- Two season narrative AAR, an Amazon Blood Bowl career.
PanzOrc Corpz Generals -- Fantasy Wars narrative AAR, half a combined campaign.
Khazâd du-bekâr! -- narrative dwarf AAR for LotR BfME2 RotWK campaign.
RobO Q Campaign Generator -- archived classic CMBB/CMAK tool!

Myrmidon

(MyrMagus, goddess of Ulm, stands by watching the underwater melee between the titans on her doorstep, eating popcorn and having a very bad feeling about what's going on.....)

elitesix

Quote from: Myrmidon on April 17, 2013, 09:13:25 PM
(MyrMagus, goddess of Ulm, stands by watching the underwater melee between the titans on her doorstep, eating popcorn and having a very bad feeling about what's going on.....)

If you get a scout in there, you might get a front row view of the battle!

Ubercat

"If you have always believed that everyone should play by the same rules and be judged by the same standards, that would have gotten you labelled a radical 50 years ago, a liberal 25 years ago, and a racist today."

- Thomas Sowell

claes

Fair warning on turns - coming up on Friday the 26th I will be leaving at dawn to hike 20 miles in a place not too unlike the map area I am playing on atm, and then camping overnight that night and the next and coming back to internet on Sunday the 28th very sore and much worse for wear.  I hope that this does not inconvenience anyone too much.  My pretender is already pissed at me.  He seems to want constant attention.  I will have to make some sacrifices while I am on the march to appease him I suppose.

KingoftheScots

Enjoy the hike! For me anyways, that works out well. I have a licencing exam to write on Monday, so probably the fewer turns the better :). In theory I'll study more!

undercovergeek

Quote from: JasonPratt on April 17, 2013, 05:50:14 PM
So, assuming I even survive next turn with the ability to do anything meaningful at all, my odds of success overall still aren't good compared to his. That's just how things turn out sometimes. :)

so that turned out to be a bit of an anti climax then!!

JasonPratt

Quote from: undercovergeek on April 18, 2013, 03:39:40 AM
So, assuming I even survive next turn with the ability to do anything meaningful at all, my odds of success overall still aren't good compared to his. That's just how things turn out sometimes. :)

Why, do you know something I don't?! -- One of our pretenders could still die, I could still be knocked out of the game early this turn, and in the best case scenario we're going to cripple each other (in somewhat different ways) leading to a harsh struggle over the next few turns until one of us puts the other completely out.

The winner either way will be a bit handicapped compared to other factions for a while (as he recovers and tries to catch up to progress being made elsewhere), but will be protected by the ocean and will have undisputed claim on Faerun's saltwater oceans for the foreseeable future, becoming a dangerous powerhouse in the midgame, haunting shorelines over half the map.

Until Caelum sends in their turn, WE WON'T KNOOOOWWWW!!

(Although we'll kind of suspect.)
ICEBREAKER THESIS CHRONOLOGY! -- Victor Suvorov's Stalin Grand Strategy theory, in lots and lots of chronological order...
Dawn of Armageddon -- narrative AAR for Dawn of War: Soulstorm: Ultimate Apocalypse

Ogaburan

I like your sportsmanship about it all JasonPratt!

undercovergeek

Quote from: JasonPratt on April 18, 2013, 08:22:20 AM
Quote from: undercovergeek on April 18, 2013, 03:39:40 AM

Why, do you know something I don't?! -- One of our pretenders could still die, I could still be knocked out of the game early this turn, and in the best case scenario we're going to cripple each other (in somewhat different ways) leading to a harsh struggle over the next few turns until one of us puts the other completely out.

The winner either way will be a bit handicapped compared to other factions for a while (as he recovers and tries to catch up to progress being made elsewhere), but will be protected by the ocean and will have undisputed claim on Faerun's saltwater oceans for the foreseeable future, becoming a dangerous powerhouse in the midgame, haunting shorelines over half the map.

Until Caelum sends in their turn, WE WON'T KNOOOOWWWW!!

(Although we'll kind of suspect.)

lmao

i just mean that were all here to engage in the fantasy world of raising the dead, casting lightening bolts and summoning dragons and get deep into the strategy and depth of the game and enjoying it, and you got to turn 4 before your game is either fkd or over!

after spending over 3 weeks getting it all set up its taken 4 turns to end your game (effectively if not lterally)?

this was the anti climax i refer to

JasonPratt

Quote from: Ogaburan on April 18, 2013, 08:24:24 AM
I like your sportsmanship about it all JasonPratt!

It helps that the character I'm playing is an impenitent monster this game. :) If he loses, everyone wins.

Plus I have two other games also running where I'm also about to be the first player destroyed in one of them doing somewhat better. ;)

Besides, God knows I have tons of other games to be playing. It isn't like I'm bored and this is my only possible outlet which I'm now being denied.

U'geek,

Oh! -- okay, yeah I hadn't even thought about that. :)