Dominions 3 Middle Age "GROGHAMMER" game [running]

Started by JasonPratt, April 03, 2013, 10:16:14 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

elitesix

Looks like Jason and I are neighbors!! Azag says hi  :)

Bison

Hey we got our own sub forum!  WOOT!!!!

Huw must not like tea.  For that his empire must be vanquished.

Ubercat

Remember guys, if you're the last player to send in your turn you can wait a few seconds or a minute for the server to process the game and then take another turn. Twice the fun!
"If you have always believed that everyone should play by the same rules and be judged by the same standards, that would have gotten you labelled a radical 50 years ago, a liberal 25 years ago, and a racist today."

- Thomas Sowell

Huw the Poo

Quote from: Bison on April 15, 2013, 07:49:38 PM

I'm more of a coffee man myself. :)

Bison

Quote from: Huw the Poo on April 16, 2013, 12:43:03 AM
Quote from: Bison on April 15, 2013, 07:49:38 PM

I'm more of a coffee man myself. :)

Me too.  Two pots a day.  I'll spare you for a few turns.

Myrmidon

The map is a beautiful map.  Does anybody know if it was created from a certain lore, or made for Dominions 3?

That being said, it seems like some of us are clustered pretty close together... not complaining, just an observation.  The game will be fun in either case, even if I'm trampled (or drowned....)

KingoftheScots

It is a pretty map. From D&D, baldurs gate and icewind dale are set on this map, i believe

Bison

It's the Forgotten Realms campaign map of Faerun.  The most famous and popular of the Dungeons and Dragons campaign worlds.

JasonPratt

Hm, yes I'm a bit surprised at having as many close proximity starts. But of course the system doesn't try to average out distances among starting locations, and the number of nostart areas could also be contributing to proximities (since at the moment of game generation it's as if the game doesn't have those provinces, thus the map is "smaller" by that amount.)

Well, that's how the cards get dealt. People will just have to deal with early diplomacy and/or knife fighting. That's what makes history so epic, too.  :D

I think it's awesome that in large games like this, a dozen epic stories could be happening over where I'll never even hear of them.  8) Meanwhile I have two close neighbors to deal with myself one way or another, which strongly affects my decisions of where I should expand or if or when, and what I ought to be doing with my troops, and my pretender, etc. etc. etc.
ICEBREAKER THESIS CHRONOLOGY! -- Victor Suvorov's Stalin Grand Strategy theory, in lots and lots of chronological order...
Dawn of Armageddon -- narrative AAR for Dawn of War: Soulstorm: Ultimate Apocalypse
Survive Harder! -- Two season narrative AAR, an Amazon Blood Bowl career.
PanzOrc Corpz Generals -- Fantasy Wars narrative AAR, half a combined campaign.
Khazâd du-bekâr! -- narrative dwarf AAR for LotR BfME2 RotWK campaign.
RobO Q Campaign Generator -- archived classic CMBB/CMAK tool!

JasonPratt

Meanwhile: I have decided to keep the maximum day lag where it is for now (I think 80 hours?), since W8 is in Boston.

Remember, the turnaround time doesn't in the least restrict how often we can have turns, it only provides leeway for turn delays. We can still have turns as often as all of us get our turns submitted.
ICEBREAKER THESIS CHRONOLOGY! -- Victor Suvorov's Stalin Grand Strategy theory, in lots and lots of chronological order...
Dawn of Armageddon -- narrative AAR for Dawn of War: Soulstorm: Ultimate Apocalypse
Survive Harder! -- Two season narrative AAR, an Amazon Blood Bowl career.
PanzOrc Corpz Generals -- Fantasy Wars narrative AAR, half a combined campaign.
Khazâd du-bekâr! -- narrative dwarf AAR for LotR BfME2 RotWK campaign.
RobO Q Campaign Generator -- archived classic CMBB/CMAK tool!

W8taminute

Hey guys just wanted to let you know that I'll be able to play my turn today after work no problem.  Thankfully I'm unaffected by what happened yesterday in Boston. 
"You and I are of a kind. In a different reality, I could have called you friend."

Romulan Commander to Kirk

undercovergeek

Quote from: W8taminute on April 16, 2013, 08:22:09 AM
Hey guys just wanted to let you know that I'll be able to play my turn today after work no problem.  Thankfully I'm unaffected by what happened yesterday in Boston.

glad to see you here and ok W8 - thoughts and prayers are with you and all the 'minute' family

Bison

Why would I be getting a turn 2 instead of turn 3?  Any theories on this one?

Bison

Meh...I figured it out.  There was a second turn saved in my folder causing the error.

Huw the Poo

You've been hitting the coffee too hard!

I'll try not to spill your pot when I run you through. :)