Dominions 3 Middle Age "GROGHAMMER" game [running]

Started by JasonPratt, April 03, 2013, 10:16:14 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

JasonPratt

Quote from: claes on April 12, 2013, 11:23:44 PM
Quote from: byrdman57 on April 12, 2013, 11:16:02 PM
All the provinces that have a crown on them are a capital province. I can't tell who is in each province, but I know that someone started there.

^^ Good Protip! ^^

Strictly speaking, every province with a crown has a victory point. In some games (like the other two Groghead games) that doesn't mean anything, but I set this game up so that the only victory points on the map are in nation capitols.
ICEBREAKER THESIS CHRONOLOGY! -- Victor Suvorov's Stalin Grand Strategy theory, in lots and lots of chronological order...
Dawn of Armageddon -- narrative AAR for Dawn of War: Soulstorm: Ultimate Apocalypse
Survive Harder! -- Two season narrative AAR, an Amazon Blood Bowl career.
PanzOrc Corpz Generals -- Fantasy Wars narrative AAR, half a combined campaign.
Khazâd du-bekâr! -- narrative dwarf AAR for LotR BfME2 RotWK campaign.
RobO Q Campaign Generator -- archived classic CMBB/CMAK tool!

Bison

Quote from: undercovergeek on April 13, 2013, 08:46:41 AM
To win or find huw?

Well to defeat huw would be a victory of bragging rights.  I suspect his army cowers on the opposite side of the map.

JasonPratt

In regard to AARs, while those would be very helpful and interesting, anyone doing one should make it clear from the outset how much information you plan to share on the thread and whether other players (except any permanent allies of course) are allowed to read before game-end.

There are ways of doing open AARs before game's end, but they're a little tricky: like a ten turn lag delay, or heavily altering the snapshots to obscure critical information. Another clever way would be to write the AAR from the perspective of other nations in their dealing with you!
ICEBREAKER THESIS CHRONOLOGY! -- Victor Suvorov's Stalin Grand Strategy theory, in lots and lots of chronological order...
Dawn of Armageddon -- narrative AAR for Dawn of War: Soulstorm: Ultimate Apocalypse

Huw the Poo

Quote from: Bison on April 13, 2013, 11:20:24 AM
Well to defeat huw would be a victory of bragging rights.  I suspect his army cowers on the opposite side of the map.

It doesn't matter where on the map I am, my mages can reach over and nuke your silly little armies without breaking a sweat!

Philippe

If the last two people who haven't sent their first turns in yet get around to sending them in the next few hours, does that mean there will be a second turn generated today?

I take it the generation of turns is an automated function run by the server.
Every generation gets the Greeks and Romans it deserves.

History is a bad joke played by the living on the dead.

Senility is no excuse for feeblemindedness.

JasonPratt

Quote from: Philippe on April 13, 2013, 12:51:05 PM
If the last two people who haven't sent their first turns in yet get around to sending them in the next few hours, does that mean there will be a second turn generated today?

I take it the generation of turns is an automated function run by the server.

Yes, and yes. The safety clock is still set for Wednesday night my time, but that is of no importance; I'll fix it when I get back Monday night (or more likely Tuesday morning at work, as I expect I'll have a number of game turns to work on Monday night. :)

JasonPratt

Since Agartha didn't complete his turn before I had to bed down tonight, you-all won't be possibly able to do two turns before I get back (the 2nd turn, and then the 3rd turn while waiting for me).

However, once Agartha plays, everyone except me will still be able to play the 2nd turn; you'll just be waiting on me to get back Monday night and play my 2nd turn.

Have a good remainder of the weekend!

byrdman57

Ogaburan

undercovergeek

Huw the Poo

It's Vlam - hasn't posted since the 6th but was last active on 11th.

Vlam, everything ok?

undercovergeek

dunno if its just me but if go to the groghammer game on llama all the players and turn notification data has disappeared

edit - nope, no worries, all fixed again

anyone know where vlam came from?

KingoftheScots

I'm wondering if he signed up and then forgot about us. And Llamaserver's email probably got filtered into his spam folder. So hopefully he checks it :)

Huw the Poo

undercovergeek

sent him a private message on this forum but serves no purpose if he doesnt log in - hes obviously alive if hes playing in LA - i would imagine he just doesnt realise its up

cant send him a message on Llama because Ysk has the password