Dominions 3 Middle Age "GROGHAMMER" game [running]

Started by JasonPratt, April 03, 2013, 10:16:14 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

JasonPratt

Note: due to some weirdness in how the server calculates the time for the first turn, the official deadline for turn 1 is sometime Wednesday (after I tried to make sure it would be Monday night instead of Sunday).

Don't worry about this in the slightest. Once we all complete a turn with less than 48 hours to go, the server will advance the clock. Until then we can play as many turns as all of us manage to turn in.
ICEBREAKER THESIS CHRONOLOGY! -- Victor Suvorov's Stalin Grand Strategy theory, in lots and lots of chronological order...
Dawn of Armageddon -- narrative AAR for Dawn of War: Soulstorm: Ultimate Apocalypse
Survive Harder! -- Two season narrative AAR, an Amazon Blood Bowl career.
PanzOrc Corpz Generals -- Fantasy Wars narrative AAR, half a combined campaign.
Khazâd du-bekâr! -- narrative dwarf AAR for LotR BfME2 RotWK campaign.
RobO Q Campaign Generator -- archived classic CMBB/CMAK tool!

claes

Quote from: JasonPratt on April 12, 2013, 09:06:33 PM
Note: due to some weirdness in how the server calculates the time for the first turn, the official deadline for turn 1 is sometime Wednesday (after I tried to make sure it would be Monday night instead of Sunday).

Don't worry about this in the slightest. Once we all complete a turn with less than 48 hours to go, the server will advance the clock. Until then we can play as many turns as all of us manage to turn in.

Thank you, Jason, for your labors on our behalf.  I haven't had this much fun in ages, and the game has barely begun...

Ogaburan

All is well on my end, even tested sending an updated turn.
Im starting to really like the Lamaserver!

Its one of the more polite and coherent servers i dealt with!

p.s - Am writing an AAR....

Bison

Make sure you post the AAR down in the AAR sub forum.  And also make sure you share ALL of your strategy especially if you end up being my neighbor. 

byrdman57

Interesting thing I noticed on the map: two of the water nations started REALLY close together. That should be pretty interesting for the both of you.

Looking around it seems like there are some interesting starting spots. Should make for a fun game.

Bison

How are you seeing the other nation's starting location?  I thought there was some sort of fog of war that covered the map.

byrdman57

All the provinces that have a crown on them are a capital province. I can't tell who is in each province, but I know that someone started there.

claes

Quote from: byrdman57 on April 12, 2013, 11:16:02 PM
All the provinces that have a crown on them are a capital province. I can't tell who is in each province, but I know that someone started there.

^^ Good Protip! ^^

Phobos

Wow.  This thread exploded overnight.

Good luck everyone and have fun.

Beelzeboss

undercovergeek

just to confirm if anyones set up was wrong and they hadnt switched the mods on for pretender creation there would have been a 3rd message on the game start up as well as the 'chaos blah blah blah' stuff saying - pretender for XXXXX has been altered

ask jason - hes the expert on sending faulty gods in!!   ;)

Ogaburan

Quote from: Bison on April 12, 2013, 09:48:40 PM
Make sure you post the AAR down in the AAR sub forum.  And also make sure you share ALL of your strategy especially if you end up being my neighbor.

I am aware of the subform, as as much that i am tempted to post it now.
As i got fairly good feedback from my wife and even a giggle, its very detailed, so i might only post it after i am defeated.

Bison

Um...your silence is not helping me here.  I'm going to need to see some detailed maps and plans....

claes

Quote from: Ogaburan on April 12, 2013, 09:12:55 PM
Im starting to really like the Lamaserver!

Its one of the more polite and coherent servers i dealt with!

I have to agree with you there Oga, Llamaserver is very polite and easy to deal with.