Dominions 3 Middle Age "GROGHAMMER" game [running]

Started by JasonPratt, April 03, 2013, 10:16:14 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

claes

I still need another day or two to fine tune my pretender; working on it and should have it in tomorrow or the next day.  After that I plan on devoting a certain amount of time each day to this particular mp game and shall have my turns in on time ;)

@mkivcs I am still reading too... it reminds me of the old school rpgs in the fact that you could literally devote DAYS re-rolling characters and assembling a good party - all before you have even started playing the game.  What a breath of fresh air in a market glutted with shootemups.

JasonPratt

Start date of the 12th seems like a good idea.

(...did I have that idea previously?)

Strictly speaking though we can't start until all pretenders are submitted; and as noted just previously I'm inclined to set/reset a 24 hour start clock once the final pretender in the current list of players is submitted, which will give last-minute players a chance to register.

Let's say gamestart will be no later than Friday the 12th, though. I'll add that to the first post. WE MAY START SOONER IF ALL CURRENT PLAYERS SEND THEIR PRETENDERS + 24 HOURS!
ICEBREAKER THESIS CHRONOLOGY! -- Victor Suvorov's Stalin Grand Strategy theory, in lots and lots of chronological order...
Dawn of Armageddon -- narrative AAR for Dawn of War: Soulstorm: Ultimate Apocalypse
Survive Harder! -- Two season narrative AAR, an Amazon Blood Bowl career.
PanzOrc Corpz Generals -- Fantasy Wars narrative AAR, half a combined campaign.
Khazâd du-bekâr! -- narrative dwarf AAR for LotR BfME2 RotWK campaign.
RobO Q Campaign Generator -- archived classic CMBB/CMAK tool!

undercovergeek

Quote from: JasonPratt on April 08, 2013, 04:00:05 PM
Start date of the 12th seems like a good idea.

(...did I have that idea previously?)

Strictly speaking though we can't start until all pretenders are submitted; and as noted just previously I'm inclined to set/reset a 24 hour start clock once the final pretender in the current list of players is submitted, which will give last-minute players a chance to register.

Let's say gamestart will be no later than Friday the 12th, though. I'll add that to the first post. WE MAY START SOONER IF ALL CURRENT PLAYERS SEND THEIR PRETENDERS + 24 HOURS!

how you doing with player emails?

JasonPratt

Note: also I have checked over Westeros 1.2 in the map editor and I see no reason to update it any at this time. Everywhere that seems reasonable as non-start territories are non-started, and the islands all have neighbor links without having to cross sea zones per se. (Although some of the neighbor links are unusual.) A few islands are registered as potential starting areas, but they have links to the mainland.

I think the size should still not be particularly cramped for this number of players, so I'm not worried about upgrading the map size yet. If we pick up another couple of players I may go to a 300+ area map.
ICEBREAKER THESIS CHRONOLOGY! -- Victor Suvorov's Stalin Grand Strategy theory, in lots and lots of chronological order...
Dawn of Armageddon -- narrative AAR for Dawn of War: Soulstorm: Ultimate Apocalypse

JasonPratt

I originally had the preparation statuses on this comment, but I've moved them down to here:

http://grogheads.com/forums/index.php?topic=5408.msg131848#msg131848

Huw the Poo

This game is going to be epic!  I look forward to my elephants pooing in all of your capital cities!

Mkivcs: Welcome to Grogheads and to the game!

bob48

'We few, we happy few, we band of brothers'

'Clip those corners'

Recombobulate the discombobulators!

byrdman57

Quote from: JasonPratt on April 08, 2013, 04:26:38 PM
JasonPratt: Bandar-Log; pretender no; email not applicable ;)

It looks like somebody already thinks they're above the rules  8)

JasonPratt

Quote from: byrdman57 on April 08, 2013, 04:46:25 PM
Quote from: JasonPratt on April 08, 2013, 04:26:38 PM
JasonPratt: Bandar-Log; pretender no; email not applicable ;)

It looks like somebody already thinks they're above the rules  8)

Crap, well I guess I had better send in my miserable monkey manager... done. SEE I AM NOT ABOVE THE RULES, I HAVE TO USE A PRETENDER TO WIN JUST LIKE ANYONE ELSE!!

(The fact that I named my pretender "Gamin" does not mean I am "gaming" the system, btw, and should not be construed as suspicious in any way.)

(Actually, the name is an old word for "scamp", and is the name of one of the three main villains for Cry of Justice. But hopefully no one will notice this if I put it in small font... wait, seriously what the hell why isn't small font working, the Groghead forum system is ruining my joke!)

Bison

Hmmm...I cannot help but feel like I should join this bandwagon.  But alas I don't have the game and missed the last sale.  So it's CoE3 for me.

KingoftheScots

Hello All,

I just picked up Dom3 a week ago, so this would be my first MP game. If I'm not too late to join, could I possibly get T'ien Chi? I'll PM you my email tomorrow and get started on a Pretender. Thanks very much, looking forward to a newbie slug fest :)

undercovergeek

Welcome KotS - its looking good for your choices, glad you could make it - jason will add you to the list once he's taken his tablets

parone

Pratt, you are a good admin. and good admins are rare

JasonPratt

Quote from: parone on April 09, 2013, 06:55:30 AM
Pratt, you are a good admin. and good admins are rare

It helps that I have no life that I'm an administrator in real life. :)

JasonPratt

I'll list ScotKing immediately! Welcome to the epic game of epicness!

WE MUST DO SOMETHING FOR BISON, OH MY MINIONS!! HELP HIM, HELP HIIMMMMM!!!!