Carrier (Solitaire, VG)

Started by BanzaiCat, August 06, 2013, 11:44:39 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Yskonyn

I found a copy of Carrier, punched, but from a non-smoking home and in good condition. The seller asks 95 euro's, what do you think?

In the mean time I have found the rulebook in PDF form and browsed this thread to find GJK's Vassal module! I am going to run the game in the coming days, but it sure seems like its something I would enjoy.
"Pilots do not get paid for what they do daily, but they get paid for what they are capable of doing.
However, if pilots would need to do daily what they are capable of doing, nobody would dare to fly anymore."

Toonces

That seems pretty reasonable.  It's a neat game.  If you want it, I'd pony up the cash and get it!
"If you had a chance, right now, to go back in time and stop Hitler, wouldn't you do it?  I mean, I personally wouldn't stop him because I think he's awesome." - Eric Cartman

"Does a watch list mean you are being watched or is it a come on to Toonces?" - Biggs

GJK

I'm selling PDF's of my kit for $35.  I've heard from Jon Southard and I have his "blessing" on it.  The kit includes everything needed for the game, my redrawn map (enlarged hexes, new design), all the counters plus extras (5/8", new look), charts (redrawn and organized as a booklet), and rules (including errata and color counter samples which clears up the common confusion of what the different colored chits are for).  I've found that www.posterninja.com has very reasonable printing options for the map and there's a number of tutorials for mounting your own counters (and I'd be happy to share my "technique" as well).

Ping me here or more promptly via email gary at garykrockover dot com.
Clip your freaking corners!
----------------------
Blood Bowl on VASSAL - Ask me about it! http://garykrockover.com/BB/
----------------------
"Fat, drunk, and stupid is no way to go through life, son."

-Dean Vernon Wormer

Yskonyn

Wow that's awesome Gary!
Let me check for a reasonably priced poster printer here in Holland to see if I can get things done here.
I'll definately get back to you when I find good options.
"Pilots do not get paid for what they do daily, but they get paid for what they are capable of doing.
However, if pilots would need to do daily what they are capable of doing, nobody would dare to fly anymore."

Staggerwing

Gary, I'd definitely be interested. I'll PM you.
Vituð ér enn - eða hvat?  -Voluspa

Nothing really rocks and nothing really rolls and nothing's ever worth the cost...

"Don't you look at me that way..." -the Abyss

'When searching for a meaningful embrace, sometimes my self respect took second place' -Iggy Pop, Cry for Love

... this will go down on your permanent record... -the Violent Femmes, 'Kiss Off'-

"I'm not just anyone, I'm not just anyone-
I got my time machine, got my 'electronic dream!"
-Sonic Reducer, -Dead Boys

Barthheart

Never played Carrier... but I might just have to get this version.
Well done Gary.  O0

bbmike

Wow, beautiful map! I might be interest in a copy as well.
"My life is spent in one long effort to escape from the commonplace of existence."
-Sherlock Holmes

"You know, just once I'd like to meet an alien menace that wasn't immune to bullets."
-Brigadier Lethbridge-Stewart

"There's a horror movie called Alien? That's really offensive. No wonder everyone keeps invading you!"
-The Doctor

"Before Man goes to the stars he should learn how to live on Earth."
-Clifford D. Simak

GJK

The map prints out at 44"x30" for those checking on prices. 
----------------------
----------------------

-Dean Vernon Wormer

Barthheart

Quote from: GJK on October 09, 2018, 08:20:09 AM
The map prints out at 44"x30" for those checking on prices.

That will just fit on my work plotter....  ;)

Crossroads

Campaign Series Legion | CS: Vietnam 1948-1967 | CS: Middle East 1948-1985

CS: Vietnam DAR: LZ Albany as NVA (South Vietnam 11/17/65)  
CS: Middle East AARs: High Water Mark (Syria 10/12/73) Me vs Berto | Riptide (Libya 8/6/85) Me vs Berto | The Crossroads (West Bank 6/5/67)  Me vs Berto

Boardgame AARs: AH D-Day | MMP PanzerBlitz2 Carentan | OSS Putin's Northern War | GMT Next War: Poland | LnL Against the Odds DIY

Toonces

"If you had a chance, right now, to go back in time and stop Hitler, wouldn't you do it?  I mean, I personally wouldn't stop him because I think he's awesome." - Eric Cartman

"Does a watch list mean you are being watched or is it a come on to Toonces?" - Biggs

Yskonyn

GJK will you update the Vassal module with the new kit graphics?

GJK

Yes, on my "to do" list! The existing module is screaming for an update and I'd love to use these graphics for it.  Not to toot my own horn (careful!) but the printed graphics look sweeeet and I think that it would work great for the VASSAL module as well.

Quote from: Yskonyn on October 11, 2018, 06:21:18 AM
----------------------
----------------------

-Dean Vernon Wormer

bbmike

Quote from: GJK on October 11, 2018, 12:18:15 PM

Yes, on my "to do" list! The existing module is screaming for an update and I'd love to use these graphics for it.  Not to toot my own horn (careful!) but the printed graphics look sweeeet and I think that it would work great for the VASSAL module as well.

:bd:
"My life is spent in one long effort to escape from the commonplace of existence."
-Sherlock Holmes

"You know, just once I'd like to meet an alien menace that wasn't immune to bullets."
-Brigadier Lethbridge-Stewart

"There's a horror movie called Alien? That's really offensive. No wonder everyone keeps invading you!"
-The Doctor

"Before Man goes to the stars he should learn how to live on Earth."
-Clifford D. Simak

GJK

Quote from: bbmike on October 11, 2018, 12:43:37 PM
Quote from: GJK on October 11, 2018, 12:18:15 PM

:bd:

He lives! The module has been updated with all new graphics (v2.0): http://www.vassalengine.org/wiki/Module:Carrier

Let me know if anybody finds any issues or has any suggestions!
----------------------
----------------------

-Dean Vernon Wormer