mixed reality,"MR" better than VR,its Hybred VR + AR £400

Started by gameleaper, October 29, 2017, 12:13:15 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jarhead0331

Well, if you've seen it, it must be true. Every article on the internet comparing the two systems disagrees with you.

This isn't personal for me, like it seems to be for you. I don't care if gen 1 MR sets are better than vr. I'll just buy one. I'm just posting facts.

https://www.tomsguide.com/us/microsoft-mixed-reality-headset-faq,news-26053.html

If you had followed the threads about VR that I have started here, you would know I am a big proponent of this technology and have been saying it's revolutionary for years. I would love for AR tech to succeed. It just doesn't seem like it's there yet.
Grogheads Uber Alles
Semper Grog
"No beast is more alpha than JH." Gusington, 10/23/18

gameleaper

can you ly down and use VR? you can in MR :)

its not personal, VR is comparable to MR, but all I'm saying is MR has no sensors, and you can read text, you have to look at the text in centre of you, but in rift this is blurry.

If you have a rift fine, if you have a Vive fine, but if your new to vr think about MR. I found I was trying to itch my head in rift, but in MR you just flip it up, its light weight for long period use.

the internet info is out of date, all this MR new tech only happened on oct17th with the win10 update,

dont get confused with old MR tech like holo, its moved on

Jarhead0331

Yes. I can lay down in VR. I'm not sure why you think you can't.

The articles I have posted are from this month. They are not outdated. There is no confusion on my part.
Grogheads Uber Alles
Semper Grog

Zulu1966

Quote from: gameleaper on October 30, 2017, 08:01:48 AM0
I give up :)

I am not sure quite what the issue here is in that JH pointed to articles that specifically dealt with the update you are referring to and the central point is that MR means VR and AT. That's what MR means. The central point is that these aren't true AR headsets.

Must admit these headsets are news to me and certainly the lack of need for base stations and increased resolution is interesting but not sure how much difference the step up from 1080  to 1440 makes but also it refers to lack of accuracy in the motion tracking.
"you are the rule maker, the dictator, the mini- Stalin, Mao, Hitler, the emperor, generalissimo, the MAN. You may talk the talk and appear to be quite easy going to foster popularity, but to the MAN I say F*CK YOU." And Steve G is F******g rude ? Just another day on the BF forum ... one demented idiots reaction to BF disagreeing about the thickness of the armour on a Tiger II turret mantlet.

gameleaper

I only played 1 cheap game, seemed fine, the motion tracking I thought worked,

when you put the headseton it wireframes your room furniture , this seemed like Augmented Reality stuff to me, looks like in future software will make use of it.

I was not going of artcles,(JH said 100 FOV worse than rift, it was 110 so I corrected that.) I was just letting you know MR was ok, the higher res makes it just possible to see the small text, not perfect but enough to work with, you have to look straight at the text.

Jarhead0331

Quote from: gameleaper on October 30, 2017, 09:13:27 AM

I was not going of artcles,(JH said 100 FOV worse than rift, it was 110 so I corrected that.) I was just letting you know MR was ok, the higher res makes it just possible to see the small text, not perfect but enough to work with, you have to look straight at the text.

Only the Samsung headset supports 110. All of the others do not.
Grogheads Uber Alles
Semper Grog

gameleaper

Quote from: Jarhead0331 on October 30, 2017, 09:43:44 AM

https://www.pcworld.co.uk/gbuk/tv-dvd-audio/gaming/virtual-reality/lenovo-explorer-mixed-reality-headset-controllers-10169453-pdt.html#srcid=11026

https://www.pcworld.co.uk/gbuk/tv-dvd-audio/gaming/virtual-reality/dell-visor-mixed-reality-headset-controllers-10169339-pdt.html

the above links are 2 headsets with 110, this is why I think you are talking about older sets.

Jarhead0331

Quote from: gameleaper on October 30, 2017, 10:43:18 AM
Quote from: Jarhead0331 on October 30, 2017, 09:43:44 AM

https://www.pcworld.co.uk/gbuk/tv-dvd-audio/gaming/virtual-reality/lenovo-explorer-mixed-reality-headset-controllers-10169453-pdt.html#srcid=11026

https://www.pcworld.co.uk/gbuk/tv-dvd-audio/gaming/virtual-reality/dell-visor-mixed-reality-headset-controllers-10169339-pdt.html

the above links are 2 headsets with 110, this is why I think you are talking about older sets.

My information is from this article https://www.tomsguide.com/us/microsoft-mixed-reality-headset-faq,news-26053.html which is dated October 29, 2017.

Its really a moot point. There isn't that much of a difference between 100 and 110 FoV. Its the other weaknesses in the system presently that are more considerable in my opinion. It will be initeresting to see how true MR works, once they actually have it.
Grogheads Uber Alles
Semper Grog

gameleaper

I like that link.

the games should run the same on VR & MR because there using the PC, not MR is higher res and refresh at 90 ,

I can understand why you think its not AR , but if you saw it switch on it scans your room and makes complex wireframes of obsticles, I think if the camera data is available to software they may in the future do AR with these headsets, but its new and we may need to wait, I don't know that there not AR aswell as VR because both are available on the headset.