Main Menu

She Sells FRIDAY!

Started by Jarhead0331, October 26, 2017, 08:45:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MengJiao

Quote from: mirth on October 27, 2017, 10:37:19 AM
How long have you been waiting to type ASSCREED?

Now that you mention it, I think I'm still waiting to, uh, want to do it at all.  Which reminds me...I think I will wake up the Nervii and crush Caesar before he starts on some commentaries.

paplan

Huh.
Great song.
Remember first hearing it ~1986, in the upstairs of the Continental, in Buffalo NY. They played all of the "British imports" there.  Anyone here from Bflo?

On topic, will be playing GalCiv III with expansion, CivV, and Dominions 4.  And watching the PSU-OSU game.

Nefaro

Quote from: Tuna on October 27, 2017, 05:40:08 AM
.. Lastly may fall weak and get something,  anything from the Halloween Sales.

Was waiting for you to pick up an F-5 and/or a MiG-21 to come buddy-motivate me into finishing my familiarization.   

"Come out to the coast, we'll get together, have a few laughs..."   .. on Cold War server?

:))

But now the sale is over!  :buck2:

Arctic Blast

Shadow of War, baby! Then tomorrow, I'll take a 2 hour drive to Calgary because I bought board games on a Calgarian dude's Boardgamegeek auction. And so did 2 friends. And I'm picking all of the games up.  ::)

Crossroads

I am a huge The Cult fan. What a band it was, saw them live several times.  :smitten: 
Campaign Series Legion | CS: Vietnam 1948-1967 | CS: Middle East 1948-1985

CS: Vietnam DAR: LZ Albany as NVA (South Vietnam 11/17/65)  
CS: Middle East AARs: High Water Mark (Syria 10/12/73) Me vs Berto | Riptide (Libya 8/6/85) Me vs Berto | The Crossroads (West Bank 6/5/67)  Me vs Berto

Boardgame AARs: AH D-Day | MMP PanzerBlitz2 Carentan | OSS Putin's Northern War | GMT Next War: Poland | LnL Against the Odds DIY

Tuna

Quote from: Nefaro on October 27, 2017, 08:22:28 PM
Quote from: Tuna on October 27, 2017, 05:40:08 AM
.. Lastly may fall weak and get something,  anything from the Halloween Sales.

Was waiting for you to pick up an F-5 and/or a MiG-21 to come buddy-motivate me into finishing my familiarization.   

"Come out to the coast, we'll get together, have a few laughs..."   .. on Cold War server?

:))

But now the sale is over!  :buck2:

I still haven't moved my rudder pedals upstairs yet.. lol, by the time I do, my son will come home and it will be back to the cellar for me  :(

bbmike

Quote from: Sir Slash on October 27, 2017, 11:56:36 AM
Caved and bought Birth of America 2.  :-[  I am such a 'Sale Whore'.  :hide:

Good choice. I need to dust that one off again  O0
"My life is spent in one long effort to escape from the commonplace of existence."
-Sherlock Holmes

"You know, just once I'd like to meet an alien menace that wasn't immune to bullets."
-Brigadier Lethbridge-Stewart

"There's a horror movie called Alien? That's really offensive. No wonder everyone keeps invading you!"
-The Doctor

"Before Man goes to the stars he should learn how to live on Earth."
-Clifford D. Simak

Sir Slash

Played a couple of the smaller scenarios and so far it's kind of.... boring. A lot less to do than even AJE. And if you don't have many units, or many that are unlocked, there's not a lot to do. Sometimes.
"Take a look at that". Sgt. Wilkerson-- CMBN. His last words after spotting a German tank on the other side of a hedgerow.

Gusington

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

bbmike

Quote from: Sir Slash on October 28, 2017, 10:56:10 AM
Played a couple of the smaller scenarios and so far it's kind of.... boring. A lot less to do than even AJE. And if you don't have many units, or many that are unlocked, there's not a lot to do. Sometimes.

???
Never, ever found it boring. Even the tiny Pequot scenario was fun and a good way to learn the AGEOD system if you aren't familiar. Sure it doesn't have as much nudity as Game of Thrones, but still!
"My life is spent in one long effort to escape from the commonplace of existence."
-Sherlock Holmes

"You know, just once I'd like to meet an alien menace that wasn't immune to bullets."
-Brigadier Lethbridge-Stewart

"There's a horror movie called Alien? That's really offensive. No wonder everyone keeps invading you!"
-The Doctor

"Before Man goes to the stars he should learn how to live on Earth."
-Clifford D. Simak

Destraex

Trying War Thunder because the ww2 simulator community and my friends are all over the place at the moment. It's easy to get people together for quick fights and while unrealistic by todays standards probably does as well as il2 sturmovik the original sim which people still play.

IL2 BOS I cannot play because of my tinnitus.
CLOD still in development
DCS and its so expensive to get people together considering all the modules and DCS2 that get in the way. Just an effort to get everybody to learn and so limited currently for ww2.

Other than that a little total war arena (which seems shunned by the total war centre community who will not even give it a forum that is easily viewable) with friends and some holdfast nations at war.
I also would not mind getting in some naval action.

"They only asked the Light Brigade to do it once"

Sir Slash

I just finished the Pequot scenario with a draw though the AI outscored me. Until the last 2 turns, there's only one unit that's not locked. A unit and a Leader actually. That's a little 'snooze-worthy' in my book. Next up is Montcalm's Campaign and that looks more to my liking. Lots of units to push around. As usual, the historical detail is impressive. Worth the $12 I paid for it.
"Take a look at that". Sgt. Wilkerson-- CMBN. His last words after spotting a German tank on the other side of a hedgerow.

JasonPratt

Picked up about $30 of minor games off the Steam Halloween sale: Reiner Knizia's: The Confrontation; Unreal Estate; Age of Rivals; Caravan; the standalone Democracy 3: Africa (I own the main game, too, and most of its DLCs); Land Doctrine; and Lost Technology.

I'm holding off on any big purchases for a while, as I have tonnnnssss of material already to play with. Though I just added some scraps, too.

Meanwhile, Barthheart will be happy to hear that I have finally gotten Turn 11 of our DC1:Blitz game back to him! I'm not entirely doomed yet! I might still pull the crashing and burning nascent Third Reich out of its wreck upon the rock of Poland! (The AAR update is on the way but may be a few days.)
ICEBREAKER THESIS CHRONOLOGY! -- Victor Suvorov's Stalin Grand Strategy theory, in lots and lots of chronological order...
Dawn of Armageddon -- narrative AAR for Dawn of War: Soulstorm: Ultimate Apocalypse
Survive Harder! -- Two season narrative AAR, an Amazon Blood Bowl career.
PanzOrc Corpz Generals -- Fantasy Wars narrative AAR, half a combined campaign.
Khazâd du-bekâr! -- narrative dwarf AAR for LotR BfME2 RotWK campaign.
RobO Q Campaign Generator -- archived classic CMBB/CMAK tool!

JasonPratt

Played some Numantia tonight. Accidentally played 3 hours, so I can't refund; do I feel like I'm going to get $20 from the game? -- probably not. The interface is a little janky, whether I'm playing with controller or mouse. Some of the special abilities are not well-explained in-game.

It's a basic tactics game, very much like the tactical battles of Master of Magic and its ilk, at least the ones where you can have multiple figures in each squad. They don't seem to level up; and there doesn't seem to be any terrain effects; and Lord knows it's suuuuuuuper basic on the field (unlike MoM and its ilk where at least you can be buffing your troops significantly before and after battle). Much less is it something like a JRPG tactics game. Its main selling point, besides its setting (Rome's conquest of Hispania), is that in between battles you'll be offered story choice events which can affect how things play out later and/or provide some extra resources. I played the Numentian campaign.
ICEBREAKER THESIS CHRONOLOGY! -- Victor Suvorov's Stalin Grand Strategy theory, in lots and lots of chronological order...
Dawn of Armageddon -- narrative AAR for Dawn of War: Soulstorm: Ultimate Apocalypse
Survive Harder! -- Two season narrative AAR, an Amazon Blood Bowl career.
PanzOrc Corpz Generals -- Fantasy Wars narrative AAR, half a combined campaign.
Khazâd du-bekâr! -- narrative dwarf AAR for LotR BfME2 RotWK campaign.
RobO Q Campaign Generator -- archived classic CMBB/CMAK tool!

MengJiao

Quote from: MengJiao on October 27, 2017, 07:56:06 PM
Quote from: mirth on October 27, 2017, 10:37:19 AM
How long have you been waiting to type ASSCREED?

Now that you mention it, I think I'm still waiting to, uh, want to do it at all.  Which reminds me...I think I will wake up the Nervii and crush Caesar before he starts on some commentaries.

Instead I got the latest DLC for Gaviteam (about the Mareth Line) and had some interesting disasters involving minefields and flanking fire and getting stuck in the desert mud.