Field of Glory II DLC announced...paging GUS! Rise of Persia!

Started by CJReich46, August 08, 2018, 03:07:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

CJReich46

" He either fears his fate too much
Or his deserts are small,
Who dares not put it to the touch
To win or lose it all."  - James Graham 1st Marquis of Montrose

Cyrano

Sergeant at Arms of La Fraternite des Boutons Carres

One mustachioed, cigar-chomping, bespectacled deity, entirely at your service.

You didn't know? My Corps has already sailed to Berlin. We got there 3 days ago and we've been in the Tiergarten on the piss ever since. -- Marshal Soult, October 1806

Jarhead0331

Grogheads Uber Alles
Semper Grog
"No beast is more alpha than JH." Gusington, 10/23/18

SirAndrewD

I really love this game, but this is a bit too much too fast.  This one'll be sitting on a wishlist for a while I'd wager.

I also was kind of hoping they'd be going forward not backwards.  I'm hoping they start to dip into the Medieval period.
"These men do not want a happy ship. They are deeply sick and try to compensate by making me feel miserable. Last week was my birthday. Nobody even said "happy birthday" to me. Someday this tape will be played and then they'll feel sorry."  - Sgt. Pinback

Gusington

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

Philippe

I was suffering from a bit of burnout before I actually played it, but much to my surprise this one has turned out to be the most fun yet.

I'll get in trouble if I say any more, but it would be a mistake to put this one on the back burner. 

Every generation gets the Greeks and Romans it deserves.

History is a bad joke played by the living on the dead.

Senility is no excuse for feeblemindedness.

MengJiao

Quote from: Philippe on August 08, 2018, 08:09:49 PM
I was suffering from a bit of burnout before I actually played it, but much to my surprise this one has turned out to be the most fun yet.

I'll get in trouble if I say any more, but it would be a mistake to put this one on the back burner.

It does sound very good to me.  I'd like to see the Assyrians and Babylonians for example.

SirAndrewD

Quote from: Philippe on August 08, 2018, 08:09:49 PM

High praise.  We grumble but we all know we're going to get it anyway at one point of another.
"These men do not want a happy ship. They are deeply sick and try to compensate by making me feel miserable. Last week was my birthday. Nobody even said "happy birthday" to me. Someday this tape will be played and then they'll feel sorry."  - Sgt. Pinback

DennisS

Well damn. I JUST purchased the final DLC about an hour ago, along with Parkitect.

I started a random campaign, Welsh vs. Scots, and did quite well in the first battle. I may need to bump up the difficulty!

Boggit

Brilliant. There is so little available for this period. I can hardly wait. O0
The most shocking fact about war is that its victims and its instruments are individual human beings, and that these individual beings are condemned by the monstrous conventions of politics to murder or be murdered in quarrels not their own. Aldous Huxley

Foul Temptress! (Mirth replying to Gus) ;)

On a good day, our legislature has the prestige of a drunk urinating on a wall at 4am and getting most of it on his shoe. On a good day  ::) Steelgrave

It's kind of silly to investigate whether or not a Clinton is lying. That's sort of like investigating why the sky is blue. Banzai_Cat

jomni

Bardolph

The new one is discounted too if you already have the others and buy the "bundle" deal. I got it for $12.

DennisS

Quote from: Bardolph on September 28, 2018, 01:30:24 AM
The new one is discounted too if you already have the others and buy the "bundle" deal. I got it for $12.

I did as well. 191 different armies. How many combinations for campaigns???