Ships!

Started by mirth, April 28, 2013, 09:07:45 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

mirth

Another shot of Patoka. This time with USS Shenandoah moored to her.

"45 minutes of pooping Tribbles being juggled by a drunken Horta would be better than Season 1 of TNG." - SirAndrewD

"you don't look at the mantelpiece when you're poking the fire" - Bawb

"Can't 'un' until you 'pre', son." - Gus

mirth

QuoteDmitri Donskoi in the SEVMASH building hall after being upgraded to Project 941UM, which was a test-bed for the Bulava missile system.

"45 minutes of pooping Tribbles being juggled by a drunken Horta would be better than Season 1 of TNG." - SirAndrewD

GDS_Starfury

well that missile went to shit!  and that Long Beach rendering is really friking cool!
Toonces - Don't ask me, I just close my eyes and take it.

Gus - I use sweatpants with flannel shorts to soak up my crotch sweat.

Banzai Cat - There is no "partial credit" in grammar. Like anal sex. It's either in, or it's not.

Mirth - We learned long ago that they key isn't to outrun Star, it's to outrun Gus.

Martok - I don't know if it's possible to have an "anti-boner"...but I now have one.

Gus - Celery is vile and has no reason to exist. Like underwear on Star.

mirth

"The U.S. battleship Wyoming (BB-32) fresh from the Fall target practice off the Virginia Capes steaming up the East River to the Brooklyn Navy Yard for the periodical docking and repairs." Published in the New York Times, 1916

mirth

USS Wyoming (M-10), an Arkansas-class monitor near Mare Island, California. 1902.

mirth

USS Intrepid before and after the installation of her angled flight deck.

GDS_Starfury

I gotta say Mirth that youre doing an outstanding job with this ship thread.  I think its more interesting then all the others.
Toonces - Don't ask me, I just close my eyes and take it.

Gus - I use sweatpants with flannel shorts to soak up my crotch sweat.

Banzai Cat - There is no "partial credit" in grammar. Like anal sex. It's either in, or it's not.

Mirth - We learned long ago that they key isn't to outrun Star, it's to outrun Gus.

Martok - I don't know if it's possible to have an "anti-boner"...but I now have one.

Gus - Celery is vile and has no reason to exist. Like underwear on Star.

eyebiter

bob48

Yeah, this is a great thread. Just looking at that Monitor - not much freeboard on it.
'We few, we happy few, we band of brothers'

'Clip those corners'

Recombobulate the discombobulators!

mirth

Quote from: GDS_Starfury on July 10, 2014, 11:56:36 AM
I gotta say Mirth that youre doing an outstanding job with this ship thread.  I think its more interesting then all the others.

Mostly, I'm cherry picking from Reddit, but I do try to only post the things that I consider unusual or interesting.

mirth

USS Remey (DD-688)

mirth

Enlisted Berthing Deck aboard USS Boston, a protected cruiser. Circa 1888.

mirth

26 May 1944, PT-126 "Acey Deucey" replenishing the day before attacking Sandakan harbor with seven other PTs.

mirth

A Kingfisher being recovered by USS South Dakota during WWII.

mirth

Avengers on USS Bogue.