Nightfighter - Anyone wanna play?

Started by Silent Disapproval Robot, October 26, 2015, 07:10:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Staggerwing

Sorry, was away in a fugue state for a few days. I'm back now. I can't wait for the postcards to to arrive and tell me where I was.  ???

Scan hex 0727, move fighter forward, turn left, forward 2 hexes, ending up in hex 0724 pointed SE.
Vituð ér enn - eða hvat?  -Voluspa

Nothing really rocks and nothing really rolls and nothing's ever worth the cost...

"Don't you look at me that way..." -the Abyss

'When searching for a meaningful embrace, sometimes my self respect took second place' -Iggy Pop, Cry for Love

... this will go down on your permanent record... -the Violent Femmes, 'Kiss Off'-

"I'm not just anyone, I'm not just anyone-
I got my time machine, got my 'electronic dream!"
-Sonic Reducer, -Dead Boys

Silent Disapproval Robot

No worries.  Fugue state, you say?  That sounds an awful lot like my 2007.

Anyway, your radar still has the contact.  You can roll for tally.

Here's the map at the end of turn 9/start of turn 10.

Staggerwing

♬ "Tally Man, Tally Man, com tally me banana.. day's na' breaking' so ah canna see de fershlugginer round-eyes in dey flying' forts..." ♬

[blockquote]Rolled 1d6 : 4, total 4[/blockquote]

[blockquote]Rolled 1d6 : 3, total 3[/blockquote]

[blockquote]Rolled 1d6 : 5, total 5[/blockquote]

Nothing really rocks and nothing really rolls and nothing's ever worth the cost...

'When searching for a meaningful embrace, sometimes my self respect took second place' -Iggy Pop, Cry for Love

... this will go down on your permanent record... -the Violent Femmes, 'Kiss Off'-

Silent Disapproval Robot

No tally.

On to turn 10. 

You get reports of bombs falling around ships in Rabaul harbour.  (1st bomber has cleared the map.)

My 3rd bomber can enter this turn.

I've moved bombers, you can move your fighter and then reposition your radar.

Staggerwing

Move 1, turn left, repeat until entering hex 0822, then hold course. Radar on 0723.

Silent Disapproval Robot

OK,  no contacts on your radar.  Sweep indicates contact to the northeast.

Turn 11.  You can move and re-position radar again.

Staggerwing

forward 1, right, forward 1, right, forward 1 into hex 0820. Radar search from hex 0920.

Silent Disapproval Robot

Radar reports a contact in its search cone.

I'll move the bombers for turn 12.  You can move your fighter (4MP)  and do a radar search.

Staggerwing

Search 0720. Move fighter to 0719 pointing S.

Staggerwing

Are you saving some of the turns? When the game is over I'll be really eager to see where the bombers were in relation to my fighter and radar searches.

Silent Disapproval Robot

Yes, I'm saving the turns and some of the more "interesting" screen shots.  I'm also making some rolls in secret.  It's been a rather unusual game from my end.

Radar loses its contact.  Sweep indicates southeast.

On to turn 13.  I've moved the bombers.  You can move and do the radar thing again.

Here's the map for the end of turn 12/start of turn 13.

Staggerwing

Radar on hex 1021. Fighter moves forward 1, turns left, moves forward 2

Silent Disapproval Robot

No contact for the radar.  Sweep indicates contact to the south but it's too late.

On turn 14, that bomber completes its bomb run and attacks ships in Rabaul harbour.  (it exits the map.)

One chance left.  You can move and reposition radar.

Here's the map at the end of turn 13, start of turn 14.

Staggerwing

Quick question- Do the positions of the exited Forts match up with their exit hexes?