The Epic Saga of TALKING KITTY!

Started by JasonPratt, May 15, 2019, 01:18:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

JasonPratt

A little bonus content showing off Steve's editing and timing skilz with a guest appearance by the Talking Kitty (briefly):

It's skippable so I'm not counting it toward today's 10 minutes.

"Where the hell have you been!? I demand food. NOW!" "Oh, and what happens if I don't give in to your demands?" "Y'dieeee!"  :DD

"Aren't you excited? It's your birthday!" "What!... right now?!"

"Hey, kitty, I see you found the Christmas tree. What do you think?" "DIE!"
ICEBREAKER THESIS CHRONOLOGY! -- Victor Suvorov's Stalin Grand Strategy theory, in lots and lots of chronological order...
Dawn of Armageddon -- narrative AAR for Dawn of War: Soulstorm: Ultimate Apocalypse
Survive Harder! -- Two season narrative AAR, an Amazon Blood Bowl career.
PanzOrc Corpz Generals -- Fantasy Wars narrative AAR, half a combined campaign.
Khazâd du-bekâr! -- narrative dwarf AAR for LotR BfME2 RotWK campaign.
RobO Q Campaign Generator -- archived classic CMBB/CMAK tool!

JasonPratt

Aha! -- quick bonus, I happened by accident (or rather by random YT algorithm) to run across the "Scary Scary World" video!

More explicably, it's for Gibson, not Sylvester.

I would save it for when we get to "Stupid Stupid World", but I'm afraid I might not find it again, so to be safe...
ICEBREAKER THESIS CHRONOLOGY! -- Victor Suvorov's Stalin Grand Strategy theory, in lots and lots of chronological order...
Dawn of Armageddon -- narrative AAR for Dawn of War: Soulstorm: Ultimate Apocalypse

JasonPratt

Shelby's birthday comes around! Can Sylvester be nice to her for just one day? "....no!"

And now, the first TK episode in high definition! (720p)

Up to 6 years ago now, btw.

Not strictly a TK episode (no talking from the kitties), but it does continue some plot from the last one, and also introduces a factor setting up a TK video later.

JasonPratt

After trying out 720p, and then going back to 480 for a while, the series is back permanently in 720 (or better) here on out!

"Okay, I'll get your food, wait that's my phone..." "F--K YOUR PHONE!"

Steve comes to a horrifying (i.e. hilarious) realization. "Feed me, slave!"

JasonPratt

Now up to 5 years ago. Somewhere in here, 1080p becomes available.

"Look, we're only going to have her for a week, could you just try to be nice--?" "...nnnoooooo..."

"Hey, welcome back! We've got some water, and Sylvester can't wait to see you--" "{squeak!}" "Wait, hold on, come back!"

Some bonus footage of the end of the previous ep.

Check out Sylv's lower lip at the end, heh...

bobarossa

Introducing Izzie to the Sylvester and Shelby could have certainly gone better.  No faking those reactions.

JasonPratt

"hellllp"

Aww, Shelby just wants to love you, Izzie, and Sylvester just.... um.... wants to you dieeeeee.

One out of two isn't bad!

(Izzie's reactions to Sylv, and to Gibson for that matter, could have gone a lot worse. To some extent Iz kind of just ignores Sylvester's posturing.)

JasonPratt

We have a specially epic sequence today, starting with some skippable bonus footage which will explain a reference in the next video...

Steve gets a Youtube award! -- and also a giant green screen. Which he will be putting to good use.  >:D TK cameo.

And now for the main feature! "Sylvester, what are you doing?" "...i'm sleepin'" "Yeah, I can see that!"

"I don't understand, I thought you and Gibson were like brothers!" "SO?!"

And the grand finale to the trilogy!

JasonPratt

In today's special entry, I'm collecting together all the original "Diary" entries, which establish some long-running jokes (not least the diary entries themselves which hereafter appear in episodes integrally).

They all happen close to each other, but next time I'll go back a little to pick up a couple of spare entries in between them before continuing on.

"I spent most of the day asleep, and was thinking about taking a nap..." "Yeah!"

"Wow. I'm more powerful than I thought!"

"Dear Diary, Octember 34th" -- this starts the running joke of Sylvester having no idea how to actually reckon calendar dates.

"By the powers vested in me........ burn."

"eeeeeeeeeeEEEEEEEEEK!" {blomp}

"Hm, what am I usually doing this time of day when I'm not trying to kill someone?"

JasonPratt

I'm doing Sunday's entry early in case I'm not around enough to remember to do it tomorrow.

Catching up on some things that happened between the first diary entries... We're up to four years ago now, btw!

First, a flashback for context and comparison:

Well, now Sylvester has his own version! "Sylvester, what's with you, you've been mean all week, say you're sorry." "BURRRN!"

Sylvester vs. the Ice Bucket challenge! ...wow, that was so 2014. Also, a (faux) Facebook Lookback video, going back to 2008 in Sylvester's adorably psychotic fashion.

And now an official episode for today's entry!

JasonPratt

Three official entries for today!

Picking up from the birthday ep (and its bad batch of catnip):

"Kitty! What did I tell you about getting into the trash!?" "...don't?"

"So, what -- she just won't leave?!" "No..."

JasonPratt

I accidentally missed this entry which should have been slotted a few posts ago, so:

"F--k" "Excuse me, what did you say?" "...meow?"

Oddly, this next video seems to have the most watches (at over 10 million) of the whole series so far!
This effectively extends a prior incidental joke into a brick joke. Except with poop. (Not the main reason for the video, tho.)

One month later! -- the brick joke concludes. With more poop.
"Kitty, I don't believe you. What happened?" "Meow." "Don't fake meow me!"

JasonPratt

The next plotline in their lives begins.

First, this "random short" which has nothing to do with the upcoming plotline except in its title, and an offhanded comment...

Then the plot advances off to the side while attention is focused on bling.
"How'd you like to go outside and eat some wet food like a pimp?" "YES!"

"Okay, she's coming up behind you, be good, okay? Say something nice." "Hey." "Oh my God she's terrified of you!" "Yep!"

JasonPratt

"Wow, she thinks all three of you are bad." "I know!"

"It's MY day!" Steve levels up several times in using his greenscreen. Plus, integrated bonus footage of Sylv as a kitten! (Though that might be Izzy.)

"You've been sleeping in the same spot for 23 hours for the past two months! You're wasting your life!" "f--k it."

JasonPratt

Today's 10(ish) minutes brings us to the point three years ago when the Talking Kitty video series suddenly exploded in popularity. If you happen to read the comments on LITERALLY ANY TK VIDEO, you'll know why already: the fanbase cannot bring themselves to ever stop talking about it.

Meanwhile, Sylvester has been reduced to post-its for the nonce...
"Kitty! What are you doing on my bed?" "m'bed." "Oh, it's your bed; I thought it was my bed." "it's not."

"Don't you know what this means? We could have kittens running all over the house!" "THE F--K WE WILL!!"