Main Menu

Carriers at War

Started by panzerde, June 09, 2014, 07:43:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

The_Admiral

Thanks gents!  :notworthy:

Quote from: rocketman on September 21, 2019, 01:55:26 PM
3D sound is really cool and an important part of immersion. Will there also be sound delay, like if you see an explosion far away it will take some time before you hear it?

This is absolutely our intent, but I still have to see if we can pull it off. The free camera in 3D might mess with that quite a bit. But I think that this is a big immersion factor we need to reproduce, at least when watching the action from a static point - another of these realistic features everybody can pretty much relate to and doesn't need convoluted explaining.

rocketman

Quote from: The_Admiral on September 21, 2019, 10:56:46 PM
Thanks gents!  :notworthy:

Quote from: rocketman on September 21, 2019, 01:55:26 PM
3D sound is really cool and an important part of immersion. Will there also be sound delay, like if you see an explosion far away it will take some time before you hear it?

This is absolutely our intent, but I still have to see if we can pull it off. The free camera in 3D might mess with that quite a bit. But I think that this is a big immersion factor we need to reproduce, at least when watching the action from a static point - another of these realistic features everybody can pretty much relate to and doesn't need convoluted explaining.
It is one of the features in Combat Mission games I enjoy most for immersion. Another cool thing in those games if you play a scenario in low light conditions, even if the camera isn't pointing in the direction of the explosion you will see a pulse of light subtly illuminating the landscape and then with a delay you hear the explosion.