Ambush! by Forum

Started by Barthheart, November 03, 2014, 12:42:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

BanzaiCat

^ That's one action for Bawb, and two actions for his mustache.

bob48

...which leads an independent existence all of its own......
'We few, we happy few, we band of brothers'

'Clip those corners'

Recombobulate the discombobulators!

undercovergeek

BanzaiCat

Barth - what is the range of results possible for UCG if he fires on the Schickelgruber in the steeple?

Or is that too much to share that kind of info? I understand if you want to not pass on that deep of info, if that makes sense.

bob48

If I sneak into M4 or N4, can I then lob a grenade into the building?

Oh wait!.............no sodding grenades.........
'We few, we happy few, we band of brothers'

'Clip those corners'

Recombobulate the discombobulators!

undercovergeek

I'm thinking aimed fire at S9 for me first

Barthheart

Quote from: Banzai_Cat on November 11, 2014, 05:29:42 PM
Barth - what is the range of results possible for UCG if he fires on the Schickelgruber in the steeple?

Or is that too much to share that kind of info? I understand if you want to not pass on that deep of info, if that makes sense.

Sorry for the late replay.

UCG can't actually see the sentry in the steeple because of the aperture location. At that range he would have had 20% chance to get a hit. As for the range of results if he got a hit would be pin(20%), wound(30%), incapacitate(30%), kill(20%). Percentages are based on weapon type. SMG's tend to do more damage.

If you look at the charts I posted near the beginning of all of this you can look most of it up on page 2.

Barthheart

Quote from: undercovergeek on November 11, 2014, 09:59:14 PM
I'm thinking aimed fire at S9 for me first

Aimed fire at S9. Range is 3 so short range which requires a 5 or less on 1D10. Target is crouching in a building and shot is through an aperture not adjacent to the firer so that a -4 to your 1D10.
You have a +1 weapon skill so total modifier to your 1d 10 is -3.
Final result is you require a 2 or less on 1D10. Of course there's rolling for jam before the shot and rolling for ammo expenditure after the shot as well.

Just laying this out so you can see what is involved. I'll mostly keep this stuff hidden and just do the combat and give you the results... unless you all want to see this stuff every time?

undercovergeek

oooo man!!!!

i love to see the workings but itll be a pain in the ass for you

i might have to rethink the shot, whos got the better chance of a hit for me to hand my turn to?

BanzaiCat

I think I'd need to charge and assault the guy, since hitting him through that apature is going to be tough, and only because I'm just 2 hexes away from him.

Barth, can I do that in one AR for me, when it is my turn?

Double Deuce

Quote from: Barthheart on November 12, 2014, 08:18:07 AMI'll mostly keep this stuff hidden and just do the combat and give you the results... unless you all want to see this stuff every time?

Personally, I'd just like to see the narratives. No need to clutter things up.

BanzaiCat

I'm more liking narrative versus nuts and bolts, but sometimes my decisions will be heavily influenced by what my chances are.

Then again, soldiers didn't exactly have a chart to look at in the field to determine if they had a better shot of assaulting a dude versus tossing a grenade through an aperture.

undercovergeek

this is very true BC, oh man role play it and miss or use the knowledge i have gained

BC i can gift you my turn as an action so you can get on it now

Barthheart

BC, you are 2 hexes and 1 level away from the guy in S13. That's 4 MP's (1 for clear hex, 2 to enter bldg., 1 to climb stairs), too much for one action of move & charge assault.

UCG, no one has a better shot at S9 than you. Only you and BC are active this round. BC has same shot at both S9 and S13.

Barthheart

Quote from: Banzai_Cat on November 12, 2014, 12:32:38 PM

Then again, soldiers didn't exactly have a chart to look at in the field to determine if they had a better shot of assaulting a dude versus tossing a grenade through an aperture.

This is why I was going to keep most of it hidden.....