Discuss GrogCast Episode 10!

Started by bayonetbrant, May 12, 2015, 08:20:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jack Nastyface

Excellent podcast...maybe even one of the best ones yet due to the discussion of doctrine and game mechanics.
Now, the problem is, how to divide five Afghans from three mules and have two Englishmen left over.

mirth

Quote from: Jack Nastyface on May 13, 2015, 07:03:51 PM
Excellent podcast...maybe even one of the best ones yet due to the discussion of doctrine and game mechanics.

+1 It was very groggy. Really enjoyed it.
"45 minutes of pooping Tribbles being juggled by a drunken Horta would be better than Season 1 of TNG." - SirAndrewD

"you don't look at the mantelpiece when you're poking the fire" - Bawb

"Can't 'un' until you 'pre', son." - Gus

PanzersEast

bayonetbrant

Quote from: mirth on May 13, 2015, 07:13:47 PM
Quote from: Jack Nastyface on May 13, 2015, 07:03:51 PM

+1 It was very groggy. Really enjoyed it.

thanks guys - easy to get groggy w/ Cyrano delivering the sermon-on-the-minis
The key to surviving this site is to not say something which ends up as someone's tag line - Steelgrave

"their citizens (all of them counted as such) glorified their mythology of 'rights'...and lost track of their duties. No nation, so constituted, can endure." Robert Heinlein, Starship Troopers

PanzersEast

Great podcast, but I think my Grog Card just got pulled after listening to that one....   :))

PE

Staggerwing

Quote from: PanzersEast on May 13, 2015, 09:28:03 PM
Great podcast, but I think my Grog Card just got pulled after listening to that on....

PE

A Windows phone?
Vituð ér enn - eða hvat?  -Voluspa

Nothing really rocks and nothing really rolls and nothing's ever worth the cost...

"Don't you look at me that way..." -the Abyss

'When searching for a meaningful embrace, sometimes my self respect took second place' -Iggy Pop, Cry for Love

... this will go down on your permanent record... -the Violent Femmes, 'Kiss Off'-

"I'm not just anyone, I'm not just anyone-
I got my time machine, got my 'electronic dream!"
-Sonic Reducer, -Dead Boys

PanzersEast

Quote from: Staggerwing on May 13, 2015, 09:31:29 PM
Quote from: PanzersEast on May 13, 2015, 09:28:03 PM
Great podcast, but I think my Grog Card just got pulled after listening to that on....

PE

A Windows phone?

No, just chopped off the ending to my sentence... I posted that with an iPhone but seems SMF and Safari on the iPhone fight each other.  I have problems viewing and posting on the forums when I am on it.

PE

Martok

I'm still listening to this episode, but I'm really enjoying it so far.  I'm finding the discussion of the rise of Magic and other card games, and how that affected the hobby, to be be particularly interesting/compelling for whatever reason (even though I've barely played them).  Maybe because I'm just young enough that they were already becoming part of the scene just as I was starting to get into it back in high school? 

"Like we need an excuse to drink to anything..." - Banzai_Cat
"I like to think of it not as an excuse but more like Pavlovian Response." - Sir Slash

"At our ages, they all look like jailbait." - mirth

"If we had lines here that would have crossed all of them. For the 1,077,986th time." - Gusington

"Government is so expensive that it should at least be entertaining." - airboy

"As long as there's bacon, everything will be all right." - Toonces

bayonetbrant

The key to surviving this site is to not say something which ends up as someone's tag line - Steelgrave

"their citizens (all of them counted as such) glorified their mythology of 'rights'...and lost track of their duties. No nation, so constituted, can endure." Robert Heinlein, Starship Troopers

bayonetbrant

I just checked eBay for prices on that complete 3rd edition MtG. Wow.

MetalDog

I have a sealed box of Unlimited boosters.  Wonder what that runs...
And the One Song to Rule Them All is Gimme Shelter - Rolling Stones

"If its a Balrog, I don't think you get an option to not consent......." - bob

bayonetbrant

MetalDog

MetalDog

My mistake.  They are Revised, not Unlimited.

bayonetbrant