Main Menu

MOO3 Information

Started by solops, July 07, 2013, 01:46:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Swatter

I think I was using the "Tropical" mod or whatever its called. I forget the bug exactly, but it killed the game a few straight times. I don't remember if it was some sort of wrap around bug (which was supposed to have a work around) or something else.

peddroelm

Quote from: Swatter on March 16, 2015, 08:01:21 PM
I think I was using the "Tropical" mod or whatever its called. I forget the bug exactly, but it killed the game a few straight times. I don't remember if it was some sort of wrap around bug (which was supposed to have a work around) or something else.

Might be wrong here since you don't recall exactly but - economy warp around bugs I can see happening in two places (empire treasury bank overflow (and flip to max negative value) and top dog income generator planets  - same thing affecting your planetary treasury ...

Both should have trivial solutions (and should explain why their test team never encountered them) that imply simply playing the game properly  ;D .. Why are you letting your money accumulate ?? (probably under AI control with "savings" setting ) ..  Money spend  now has much better utility than money used 20 turns later due to snowballing effects .. Spend your money !! Every turn !

If not under full micro control (which I assume you weren't using) switch the empire global finance policy to spending (if you have huge surplus) or balance when reaching 0 cash reserves ..
Empire wise use the research/unrest/military/grant to planets sliders to spend more ... (Research slider is the best candidate will always spend it all - however inefficiently for extra RPs ..Unrest slider will return money  back to treasury if no unrest to deal with .. Grants to poor planets will stick into their treasuries and help them develop WAY faster )

On guilty planets risking treasury overflow - could set the send gift to empire flag or design the  biggest,most expensive hull you can build - and let it choke building it on x10 batches cranking the military spend slider way into the red (very inefficient ) ..

Your cash reserves should not last long and you should never be anywhere near overflow limits ever again ..

Don't really know why the savings setting is even in the game .. Maybe you receive positive interest (right term ?) for having cash reserves ?  Any way spending all you can spend every turn is IMHO always superior due to the snowballing effects ..

Load  autosave game 1-2 turns before the bug happens - go into mad shopping spree - problem solved ..

also read Joseph's post in that thread
http://www.moo3.at/board/index.php?showtopic=2144

PAK

I was playing with Tropical and Strawberry, had to stop because crashes (directx layer error) started to occur when browsing the colony list (in my case it was when I had 20 or 30 colonies). I didn't found any remedy for that.

mikeck

Thanks for the vids! Tried desperately to learn the game but couldn't. Eventually I will give it another shot when I'm in a space mood
"A government large enough to give you everything you want is strong enough to take everything you have."--Thomas Jefferson

Finn

Hi fellows

I am playing MOO3 original disc +vanilla mod, human on "hard".  Suddenly spys stopped working.  I can train them as usually and then deploy but when i turn next they are still the in the box at ease.

Then i noticed that my fleets refuse to attack.  Other empires won't attack me either what ever i do.  I even went to Guardian's system and same thing; no battle and i got Guardian's system explored.  Guardian anyway stays there because the colony ship won't land and system shows one vessel there.

I mean, is this just me, something new in the game that i haven't face before, known bug with a solution or nasty thing that messed up my good game?

I would appreciate if some one had something on this one.

Finn

Xtiaan72

I will be buying this retail.

Finn

Yes, do buy it Xtiaan72, it's a good game.  I allways find myself playing it, sometimes a break of year or two and then again.

I sincerely recommend you to install a modification called "Vanilla" right away.  The original game was loaded with all kind of frustrating issues.  For example technological development got stuck to some random level without possibilities to avance.  The nasty bug kept for example "improved plasma canon" on your sight but just out of reach.  That eat a mans patience like a rat, i tell you.
I mean; " How to rule the universe without a decent plasma canon, or improved disintegration beam",  I ask.

The Vanilla modification doesn't really chance anything in games character, it just fixes original releases issues so that one can play it such way as it was meant to.

Those spy and no attack problems which i asked about went away, by the way, when i re started the game.

Finn

PAK

Damn it guys, You made me try this monster once again...
Moo3 is a harsh mistress  :coolsmiley: