Are Matrix being sneaky? have I missed a chnge in policy,xta tax is now added

Started by gameleaper, November 27, 2015, 08:52:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

gameleaper

I was buying from matrix and noticed I was getting tax added on at checkout time, this didn't happen last week! also they made a song and dance about a discount because of tax included a while back. are they being sneaky for xmass profits , in any case I didn't buy the games,

Bison

I don't know about that.  I'm pretty sure Matrix has always charged the VAT.

-budd-

I've never been charged tax. In the US it's state to state, Washington where i live if the company has no physical presence no tax. Not sure about other states.
Enjoy when you can, and endure when you must.  ~Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

Be Yourself; Everyone Else is Taken ~Oscar Wilde

*I'm in the Wargamer middle ground*
I don't buy all the wargames I want, I just buy more than I need.

gameleaper

Quote from: Bison on November 27, 2015, 08:56:39 PM
I don't know about that.  I'm pretty sure Matrix has always charged the VAT.

vat was included in the GBP price up until a few days ago, now its extra at checkout, and the prices on matrix site no longer say tax included

I'm in the UK we pay VAT always, it got included in the price a while back and matrix called it a discount , its sure strange its xmass  and black Friday sale and the price goes up

-budd-

Enjoy when you can, and endure when you must.  ~Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

Be Yourself; Everyone Else is Taken ~Oscar Wilde

*I'm in the Wargamer middle ground*
I don't buy all the wargames I want, I just buy more than I need.

jomni

This is what they have done last time.
http://www.matrixgames.com/news/1665/No.more.VAT!..Save.up.to.25.percent.off.all.purchases!

Based on the forum post above, this anomaly is not their working but the store portal that they are using.

gameleaper

Quote from: jomni on November 28, 2015, 12:38:07 AM
This is what they have done last time.
http://www.matrixgames.com/news/1665/No.more.VAT!..Save.up.to.25.percent.off.all.purchases!

Based on the forum post above, this anomaly is not their working but the store portal that they are using.

great finding this jomni thx

gameleaper