Graviteam Tactics: Mius-Front

Started by Asid, March 03, 2014, 09:02:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Toonces

^ Sounds like a solid plan. 

And if it doesn't work out, My Little Pony's Great Adventure is probably a good alternative for Gus.
"If you had a chance, right now, to go back in time and stop Hitler, wouldn't you do it?  I mean, I personally wouldn't stop him because I think he's awesome." - Eric Cartman

"Does a watch list mean you are being watched or is it a come on to Toonces?" - Biggs

Gusington

I play that game (with your collective mothers) all the time.

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

Moreb

When dongles fly? - mirth

Gusington

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

Silent Disapproval Robot

I'll likely pick it up again for Mius front despite owning it for Op Star already.  I hope they put out Shield of the Prophet next!  (I also hope they put in the option to revert back to the Op Star GUI.  I think I like it better than the new one in Mius Front.)

Back to your regularly scheduled ....ummm.... whatever the hell it is that everyone's got going on with Gus.  I'm going to call it Gusticulating. 

Thomasew

Quote from: Silent Disapproval Robot on October 10, 2018, 09:38:59 AM
I'll likely pick it up again for Mius front despite owning it for Op Star already.

Operation Moduler, .. is not the same as Operation Hooper, .. but, the 1st of 3 Operations conducted by the SADF, .. which formed the 'Battle of Cuito Cuanavale'.

Unita requested South Africa's assistance to prevent the advancing Cuban and FAPLA forces from capturing /destroying the UNITA stronghold in Mavinga, in the South East of Angola.

The SADF (~3000 men ~30 Tanks, support etc.) crossed into Angola with one objective .. i.e. prevent FAPLA taking Mavinga from UNITA and later attempt to destroy FAPLA forces east of the Cuito River.

Operation Moduler, .. was to protect UNITA, from the advancing FAPLA forces, .. by stopping the enemy from reaching Mavinga. This was successfully accomplished.

Operation Hooper, -- was to push the Cuban/FAPLA forces back North West, .. and across the river at Cuito Cuanavale. This was successfully accomplished.

Operation Packer -- was to keep the Cuban/FAPLA forces West of the river at Cuito Cuanavale, and to prevent them from crossing the river, to conduct more attacks against UNITA to the East. The SADF destroyed the bridge with a Smart Bomb, .. destroyed the airstrip, to prevent reinforcements etc. from being flown in. This was successfully accomplished.

It was during this last Operation, that Peace Negotiations took place. South Africa agreed to withdraw from Angola, if the Cubans also withdrew.  The South Africans withdrew first, .. followed by the Cubans shortly thereafter.

So, if you wanted to play the Battle chronologically, .. you would 1st play Moduler on Mius Front, .. and then Hooper on OP Star. :)

I think Andrey mentioned on Steam, .. that if there was enough interest in Moduler, .. they would do more stuff on the Angolan War. It would nice to have Moduler, Hooper and Packer all under one game engine .. i.e. Mius Front

Cheers
Tom

He Who Will Not Risk Cannot Win

Toonces

I didn't know any of that actually.  I just liked the African landscape and the old skool modern weaponry.  Very interesting info, thanks for posting that!
"If you had a chance, right now, to go back in time and stop Hitler, wouldn't you do it?  I mean, I personally wouldn't stop him because I think he's awesome." - Eric Cartman

"Does a watch list mean you are being watched or is it a come on to Toonces?" - Biggs

GDS_Starfury

Quote from: Toonces on October 10, 2018, 10:13:00 PM
I didn't know any of that actually.

so much for War College.....   :2funny:
Toonces - Don't ask me, I just close my eyes and take it.

Gus - I use sweatpants with flannel shorts to soak up my crotch sweat.

Banzai Cat - There is no "partial credit" in grammar. Like anal sex. It's either in, or it's not.

Mirth - We learned long ago that they key isn't to outrun Star, it's to outrun Gus.

Martok - I don't know if it's possible to have an "anti-boner"...but I now have one.

Gus - Celery is vile and has no reason to exist. Like underwear on Star.

Jarhead0331

Quote from: Toonces on October 10, 2018, 10:13:00 PM
I didn't know any of that actually.  I just liked the African landscape and the old skool modern weaponry.  Very interesting info, thanks for posting that!

Read up about the South African and Rhodesian military during the cold war. They were highly trained and motivated counter-insurgency war fighters. Very tough hombres.
Grogheads Uber Alles
Semper Grog
"No beast is more alpha than JH." Gusington, 10/23/18

Gusington

Rhodesia = Zimbabwe, yes?

Also Angola and Cuba.

слава Україна!

-JudgeDredd

Toonces

Moreb

So Michael. Did you give it a thorough chance or did it frustrate you into shelving it? What did you like? What did you hate?

Michael Dorosh

Quote from: Moreb on October 21, 2018, 07:06:14 PM
So Michael. Did you give it a thorough chance or did it frustrate you into shelving it? What did you like? What did you hate?

Still trying to find time to sit down with it. I like what I see, just haven't played anything for more than 10 minutes in the last little bit. Work, reserve army, and writing projects have me pinned down - and also signing up for the LnL Nations at War beta test team. Realistically I think it might be Christmas before I get to look at it... Still watching this thread though to see how things are going for others.

Moreb

Quote from: Michael Dorosh on October 22, 2018, 12:40:13 PM
Quote from: Moreb on October 21, 2018, 07:06:14 PM

Still trying to find time to sit down with it. I like what I see, just haven't played anything for more than 10 minutes in the last little bit. Work, reserve army, and writing projects have me pinned down - and also signing up for the LnL Nations at War beta test team. Realistically I think it might be Christmas before I get to look at it... Still watching this thread though to see how things are going for others.

Oh I certainly understand. Wanted to love LnL but the spotting rules turned me off. IIRC you had to spot the unit each round before you got to roll for a hit with no bonus for previously spotted units.

Silent Disapproval Robot

I like LNL a lot.  Kinda bummed that I didn't make the cut for being a beta tester. 

You do get a bonus for previous spotting of sorts but only for vehicles/support weapons.  (better optics, I assume)