The Groginati Sales Thread

Started by Grim.Reaper, November 18, 2012, 06:17:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Toonces

I only logged like 10 hours in it.  I recall it being hard, but it's still neat.  Very atmospheric and a unique game for sure.

I guess I'd call it a good palette cleanser type game.  You don't sit down and kill a bottle of Friday night scotch playing it, but it's good filler at the end of the night when you just can't stomach another tactical Total War battle.
"If you had a chance, right now, to go back in time and stop Hitler, wouldn't you do it?  I mean, I personally wouldn't stop him because I think he's awesome." - Eric Cartman

"Does a watch list mean you are being watched or is it a come on to Toonces?" - Biggs

Gusington

Have you played the expansion?

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

mbar

airboy

Hard West (Turn based, wild west with horror)
and
Renowned Explorers

are both on sale at Steam right now.

bob48

Quote from: Toonces on October 03, 2018, 08:04:19 PM
^ That is a surprisingly fun game.

And a surprisingly frequent occurrence for me as well...   ::)

DD is a good game. I bought it and the two expansions in a sale and so far have about 180 hours logged. There are also a lot of very good workshop mods for it.
Fun game, but frustrating as hell sometimes,
'We few, we happy few, we band of brothers'

'Clip those corners'

Recombobulate the discombobulators!

Gusington

Hmm...frustration is something I don't need more of.

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

Toonces

Whelp, it's back up to full price now, so I guess this dilemma solved itself.   ::)
"If you had a chance, right now, to go back in time and stop Hitler, wouldn't you do it?  I mean, I personally wouldn't stop him because I think he's awesome." - Eric Cartman

"Does a watch list mean you are being watched or is it a come on to Toonces?" - Biggs

steve58

Government is not the solution to our problem—government is the problem.   Ronald Reagan
The democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work and give to those who would not.   Thomas Jefferson
During times of universal deceit, telling the truth becomes a revolutionary act.   George Orwell  The truth is quiet...It's the lies that are loud.   Jesus Revolution
If you ever find yourself in need of a safe space then you're probably going to have to stop calling yourself a social justice warrior. You cannot be a warrior and a pansy at the same time   Mike Adams (RIP Mike)

Gusington

I still have to play the first XCom 😒

слава Україна!

-JudgeDredd

Staggerwing

You mean the way-back first one?  :o
Vituð ér enn - eða hvat?  -Voluspa

Nothing really rocks and nothing really rolls and nothing's ever worth the cost...

"Don't you look at me that way..." -the Abyss

'When searching for a meaningful embrace, sometimes my self respect took second place' -Iggy Pop, Cry for Love

... this will go down on your permanent record... -the Violent Femmes, 'Kiss Off'-

"I'm not just anyone, I'm not just anyone-
I got my time machine, got my 'electronic dream!"
-Sonic Reducer, -Dead Boys

Gusington

Never played the way back one at all...I mean the first newer one.

слава Україна!

-JudgeDredd

airboy

Quote from: Gusington on October 06, 2018, 12:32:30 PM
Never played the way back one at all...I mean the first newer one.

The first one was the best.  Nothing else ever quite captured the suspense and horror of the first one.

steve58

Fanatical has Sid Meier's Civilization VI Digital Deluxe Edition (PC Digital Download) for $22.39 for the next ~25 hours.

includes:
Full Base Game
25th Anniversary Digital Soundtrack
Vikings Scenario Pack
Poland Civilization & Scenario Pack
Australia Civilization & Scenario Pack
Persia and Macedon Civilization & Scenario Pack
Nubia Civilization & Scenario Pack
Khmer and Indonesia Civilization & Scenario Pack
Government is not the solution to our problem—government is the problem.   Ronald Reagan
The democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work and give to those who would not.   Thomas Jefferson
During times of universal deceit, telling the truth becomes a revolutionary act.   George Orwell  The truth is quiet...It's the lies that are loud.   Jesus Revolution
If you ever find yourself in need of a safe space then you're probably going to have to stop calling yourself a social justice warrior. You cannot be a warrior and a pansy at the same time   Mike Adams (RIP Mike)

RommelFox

Quote from: steve58 on October 11, 2018, 08:25:29 AM
Fanatical has Sid Meier's Civilization VI Digital Deluxe Edition (PC Digital Download) for $22.39 for the next ~25 hours.

includes:
Full Base Game
25th Anniversary Digital Soundtrack
Vikings Scenario Pack
Poland Civilization & Scenario Pack
Australia Civilization & Scenario Pack
Persia and Macedon Civilization & Scenario Pack
Nubia Civilization & Scenario Pack
Khmer and Indonesia Civilization & Scenario Pack

That seems like a good deal.  I do hear everyone say the expansion they came out with is a must have for the game.
My ancient Egypt site:
Gods and Pharaohs

Barthheart