Main Menu

Born on the FRIDAY

Started by Jarhead0331, May 11, 2018, 06:06:40 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gusington

New War of the Worlds game, you say?

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

BanzaiCat

I do say, suh.

Hard to explain it right now as there's not a lot of info to share about it from the interwebz.

Destraex

Sorry to hear about your buddy. There is a bloke where I work that has terminal cancer now (bile duct and inoperable because of the position and organ) and it's really hard to even know how to act around him.
Unlike you though, I have only known him for two years, but he was one of those guys that steers you in the right direction in a place where the management's direction is woeful and careless. So really feels horrible to see him like this and think of the ramifications for his family.

I will be playing BattleTech which I am really enjoying. However it is annoying sometimes when I face the limitations of turn based combat. The choice of whether to move mechs with the same initiative first or last with detrimental effects sometimes for mechs that should in a WEGO game be able to move to cover together at the same time!!!!
"They only asked the Light Brigade to do it once"

Gusington

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

Staggerwing

SDR, I'm sorry to hear of your friend's passing.

Still working on the Amiga Retrosetup. Just swapped out the PSU's ghetto power harness for a proper manufactured one with an on/off switch. Unfortunately the second floppy for Their Finest Hour seems to have gone bad so I'll need to either source a new one or make one once I find an online disk image. I did just get in a fairly complete Amiga version of Microprose's M1 Tank Platoon complete with keyboard overlays and full manual so I'll take that for a spin right after I've made my allotted backup copy.

Gus, I have a copy of DVG's War of the Worlds inbound as well. Will let you know when it gets here.
Vituð ér enn - eða hvat?  -Voluspa

Nothing really rocks and nothing really rolls and nothing's ever worth the cost...

"Don't you look at me that way..." -the Abyss

'When searching for a meaningful embrace, sometimes my self respect took second place' -Iggy Pop, Cry for Love

... this will go down on your permanent record... -the Violent Femmes, 'Kiss Off'-

"I'm not just anyone, I'm not just anyone-
I got my time machine, got my 'electronic dream!"
-Sonic Reducer, -Dead Boys

Gusington

^Where'd you order it from?

слава Україна!

-JudgeDredd

Staggerwing

Vituð ér enn - eða hvat?  -Voluspa

Nothing really rocks and nothing really rolls and nothing's ever worth the cost...

"Don't you look at me that way..." -the Abyss

'When searching for a meaningful embrace, sometimes my self respect took second place' -Iggy Pop, Cry for Love

... this will go down on your permanent record... -the Violent Femmes, 'Kiss Off'-

"I'm not just anyone, I'm not just anyone-
I got my time machine, got my 'electronic dream!"
-Sonic Reducer, -Dead Boys

Gusington

слава Україна!

-JudgeDredd

bbmike

"My life is spent in one long effort to escape from the commonplace of existence."
-Sherlock Holmes

"You know, just once I'd like to meet an alien menace that wasn't immune to bullets."
-Brigadier Lethbridge-Stewart

"There's a horror movie called Alien? That's really offensive. No wonder everyone keeps invading you!"
-The Doctor

"Before Man goes to the stars he should learn how to live on Earth."
-Clifford D. Simak

Jarhead0331

I tried playing a bunch of stuff, but every time I sit down at my computer, I end up loading Battletech.
Grogheads Uber Alles
Semper Grog
"No beast is more alpha than JH." Gusington, 10/23/18

Gusington

слава Україна!

-JudgeDredd

airboy

I played some Pillars of Eternity: White March 2.

I also finished painting all of the lawn furniture.

Barthheart

Zero gaming this weekend.... :( All yard work all the time. When not working in the yard, I was sleeping from exhaustion.

I took a first try at smoking some ribs on my gas grill though and that turned out great.  O0

mirth

Quote from: Barthheart on May 14, 2018, 10:08:56 AM
When not working in the yard, I was sleeping from exhaustion still being hung over from last weekend.

ftfy
"45 minutes of pooping Tribbles being juggled by a drunken Horta would be better than Season 1 of TNG." - SirAndrewD

"you don't look at the mantelpiece when you're poking the fire" - Bawb

"Can't 'un' until you 'pre', son." - Gus

BanzaiCat

I don't think you're allowed by law to do outside work in Canada unless you have enough beer on hand to get through it.