Author Topic: Hearts of Iron IV  (Read 104986 times)

Offline Jarhead0331

• Judge Advocate General
  • Administrator
  • Longbowman
  • Global Moderator, General Counsel, Heavy Weapons
Re: Hearts of Iron IV
« Reply #1080 on: January 17, 2018, 12:02:44 PM »
^You make it sound so easy... :2funny:
Grogheads Uber Alles
Semper Grog

Offline glen55

• Viking
« Reply #1081 on: January 17, 2018, 12:16:13 PM »
If it makes you feel any better, I lost a few times before I looked up strategies on the Paradox forum. Rushing your infantry at 20% training and then training them up in the field is the key, and sending volunteers to get the experience you need doesn't hurt, either. Build 25 infantry divisions from the get-go, 15 in one spot as a one-time build, but set the other 10 for infinite runs.
Things are more like they are now than they have ever been before.
  - Dwight D. Eisenhower

Offline Ian C

• Viking
« Reply #1082 on: January 17, 2018, 12:56:15 PM »
Spending Political Power on your Tank, Air and Ship building design companies early on, gives bonuses ahead of the AI. Ignore the industry/electronics/material companies -they only give you a reduced time bonus (usually -10% to research time).
Anything to give you an edge helps. The 1936 aircraft techs and 1936 Naval Units with bonuses can be a great help, as well as 1936 Light Tanks & SP Armour. Also, if you choose a General as your Theorist, you get a steady increase in Land Experience.
List of design companies and bonuses: https://hoi4.paradoxwikis.com/List_of_design_companies

National Focuses with bonuses for research are a good investment early on, as long as you don't need to choose ones with important events (Anschluss, etc.).
« Last Edit: January 17, 2018, 01:00:50 PM by Ian C »

Offline mikeck

• Condottieri
« Reply #1083 on: January 17, 2018, 07:29:19 PM »
Man...im trying to learn to play this game but no matter how many YouTube videos I watch, I sit down and stare at the screen. There is just SO MUCH you can do. I play EU IV all the time too
"A government large enough to give you everything you want is strong enough to take everything you have."--Thomas Jefferson

Offline jomni

• Crossbowman
« Reply #1084 on: January 17, 2018, 11:36:04 PM »
Man...im trying to learn to play this game but no matter how many YouTube videos I watch, I sit down and stare at the screen. There is just SO MUCH you can do. I play EU IV all the time too

Donít worry the game can play itself without user input. Just watch and be entertained.