Surviving Mars (merged threads)

Started by steve58, May 12, 2017, 10:14:10 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Anguille

It's important to mention that it's a Haemimont game and they have now plenty of experience with City-builders. I expect a solid game on release already unlike many other games published by Paradox.

Millipede

RPS has an article w/link to a Gamescom gameplay trailer. https://www.rockpapershotgun.com/2017/08/27/meteors-rain-on-the-red-planet-in-surviving-mars-trailer/

I'm usually pretty patient about release dates etc. but I want this NOW!

Labbug

Release date is March 15, 2018 according to an e-mail I got from Paradox.

RedArgo

I watched a couple preview let's play videos and it looks good.  Reminds me of Banished on Mars, which is just what I want.

bbmike

"My life is spent in one long effort to escape from the commonplace of existence."
-Sherlock Holmes

"You know, just once I'd like to meet an alien menace that wasn't immune to bullets."
-Brigadier Lethbridge-Stewart

"There's a horror movie called Alien? That's really offensive. No wonder everyone keeps invading you!"
-The Doctor

"Before Man goes to the stars he should learn how to live on Earth."
-Clifford D. Simak

mirth

"45 minutes of pooping Tribbles being juggled by a drunken Horta would be better than Season 1 of TNG." - SirAndrewD

"you don't look at the mantelpiece when you're poking the fire" - Bawb

"Can't 'un' until you 'pre', son." - Gus

bbmike

No, but my custom hex map for Space Empires 4x just arrived!  O0
"My life is spent in one long effort to escape from the commonplace of existence."
-Sherlock Holmes

"You know, just once I'd like to meet an alien menace that wasn't immune to bullets."

"There's a horror movie called Alien? That's really offensive. No wonder everyone keeps invading you!"
-The Doctor

-Clifford D. Simak

mirth

"45 minutes of pooping Tribbles being juggled by a drunken Horta would be better than Season 1 of TNG." - SirAndrewD

"you don't look at the mantelpiece when you're poking the fire" - Bawb

"Can't 'un' until you 'pre', son." - Gus

MikeGER

Surviving Mars is get to be released any minute  O0

i am watching preview Let's Plays since a week and got real exited about it  ...and impulse bough it this morn  :D
here is a good Let's play by a for Grogheads maybe also well known and trusted youtuber,  Mr. DasTactic

i like the Mars & science theme paired with tranquillity to watch (you can micro but you don't have too) how things unfold and the challenge ...and it looks very good and cute too when zooming in and horizontal view at the landscape

not a wargame some one might say
but i saw a start screen at YT that spoke about an invasion as one of the possible random events for the mid?/end? game you can chose from 
well, i didn't wanted to spoil my experience so i didn't opened the video in question of that preview series
(IIRC  it was number #22 with 40 min episodes each so i guess those thing happen quite some good time into the game)       

RedArgo

I pre-bought too, hopefully get to fire it up tonight after work.

Geezer

We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.  George Bernard Shaw

HoodedHorseJoe

It's not Tropico, that's for sure. It's pretty solid, but oddly unambitious and the early game can be a bit slow (and then the late game lacks drive).

I miss Juanito.

It's still pretty good, but it'll either get better over time through DLC (a la PDS titles) or the next one will be great (a la Tropico 4 vs. T3).
Communications Director
Hooded Horse

We are a publisher of indie games with strategic and tactical depth. 28 projects and counting, come check out our portfolio on Steam, GOG, and the Epic Games Store!

You may have seen me around in previous roles such as editor of Wargamer.com and Strategy Gamer.

Jarhead0331

Let me know when you can create a Martian Defense Force to invade planet Earth.
Grogheads Uber Alles
Semper Grog
"No beast is more alpha than JH." Gusington, 10/23/18

bbmike

-Sherlock Holmes

-The Doctor

-Clifford D. Simak