Main Menu

World of Warships

Started by Kushan, June 06, 2015, 11:09:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Nefaro

Quote from: DennisS on April 04, 2018, 11:12:49 PM
Quote from: Nefaro on April 04, 2018, 09:35:21 PM
Quote from: Windigo on April 03, 2018, 05:11:41 PM
I have to confess to the immense satisfaction I have had when I take out a destroyer. Frequently I would pick a cruiser with good detection just to squish the buggers. But now they have nerfed them to the point you got to admired the scrappy bastards playing them

Last I was playing, Destroyers had been nerfed so many times that you couldn't get good rewards with them, at high tiers, unless you did exceptionally well.  They supposedly upped the spotting and/or capture rewards, but it was so little that it just appeared to be a token showing.

Mid-tiers weren't quite as bad in that respect.  Mainly due to much fewer aircraft all over the place, and enemy ships with radar, all keeping you spotted (which is DD's only real defense in WoWs).

First skill I spend is the one where you know how many ships are firing on you. Two or more, I consider turning tail, unless I know its short term...to punch through a screen to get at the heavies. Especially for fast destroyers. If you can get in behind them, you can do some real damage.

And when you spend part of your match time running away from being spotted, that means you're making less rewards while doing so.  Just the way it goes.

I often find it very frustrating, running a DD up at Tier 9 and 10.  Primarily due to the top-tier carriers being present so often.  They have so many airborne planes buzzing around everywhere, they regularly spot you (for their team) by circumstance.  Many are good enough to just shadow you with a fighter indefinitely so their other teammates can shoot at you or, at the least, make you constantly run/hide from that fire and do nothing.   >:(

The growing numbers of ships with 'radar' ability makes it worse.  The 'radar' can even spot you through land.  ::)  Once again, you'll spend time fleeing from these, too.  Between the preponderance of aircraft and radar, at top-tier, you spend more time running away than ever.  Which means you're doing less of the essential WoWS screening destroyer stuff out front - spotting enemy ships for friendlies, capturing zones, etc.

I used to enjoy running high-tier DDs much more.  It's still fun, but the amount of instant spotting available in those top matches has become rather frustrating.  I pray, every match, that there is no CV players when queueing up with them.  :dreamer:  If I want to steadily make credits/xp, I'll go jump into a battleship or cruiser;  they're easier to make bank with up there.

GDS_Starfury

then come back to WoT, where the shittery is just as bad but in 1/3 the time!
Toonces - Don't ask me, I just close my eyes and take it.

Gus - I use sweatpants with flannel shorts to soak up my crotch sweat.

Banzai Cat - There is no "partial credit" in grammar. Like anal sex. It's either in, or it's not.

Mirth - We learned long ago that they key isn't to outrun Star, it's to outrun Gus.

Martok - I don't know if it's possible to have an "anti-boner"...but I now have one.

Gus - Celery is vile and has no reason to exist. Like underwear on Star.

Nefaro

Quote from: GDS_Starfury on April 05, 2018, 03:46:07 PM

Ick.  I gave up on WoT long ago.

Even if the WoT meta was perfect, I still get tired of the repetitive tank gameplay. i.e. "Peak-A-Boom". 

steve58

Gamersgate has some good deals going for new users/accounts.  Good for the next 3+ days.

For the price of that Premium pack I'm kinda playing with the idea of starting a 2nd acct :-\

$3.07   Premium Starter Pack includes:
8,000 Doubloons
6,000,000 Credits
30 days Premium Account

$1.83   Medium Starter Pack includes:
4,000 Doubloons
2,500,000 Credits
30 days Premium Account

$1.21   Light Starter Pack includes:
2,000 Doubloons
2,000 000 Credits
14 days Premium Account

FREE Starter Pack includes:
Ishizuchi, tier IV premium battleship
300 doubloons
3 Days Premium Account

Government is not the solution to our problem—government is the problem.   Ronald Reagan
The democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work and give to those who would not.   Thomas Jefferson
During times of universal deceit, telling the truth becomes a revolutionary act.   George Orwell  The truth is quiet...It's the lies that are loud.   Jesus Revolution
If you ever find yourself in need of a safe space then you're probably going to have to stop calling yourself a social justice warrior. You cannot be a warrior and a pansy at the same time   Mike Adams (RIP Mike)

GDS_Starfury

Quote from: Nefaro on April 06, 2018, 01:13:11 PM

Even if the WoT meta was perfect, I still get tired of the repetitive tank gameplay. i.e. "Peak-A-Boom".

peek a boom happens in the world of shitters.  my experience from the last 2 years has been highly mobile and aggressive game play.

Banzai Cat - There is no "partial credit" in grammar. Like anal sex. It's either in, or it's not.

Mirth - We learned long ago that they key isn't to outrun Star, it's to outrun Gus.

Martok - I don't know if it's possible to have an "anti-boner"...but I now have one.

DennisS

Quote from: Nefaro on April 06, 2018, 01:13:11 PM

I had success in the TD line, specifically tier IV through VI. These Russian TD's were stupid OP. My win rate for the SU-80 and SU-100 was just over 64%, with a 3:1 kill/death ratio.

There really isn't much of a defense against a hidden TD, with 100% camo for both the tank and crew. If the first shot didn't get you, the second one did. It just got too easy, once I discovered the "I win" strategy.

Sadly, others have perfected camping over time as well, and this has pretty much ended the game for me.

GDS_Starfury

I dont know how long its been since youve played but the maps and camo mechanics have been changed dramatically.
as an example, TDs no longer retain their camo after they shoot and there are far fewer places to hide.

DennisS

Quote from: GDS_Starfury on May 20, 2018, 02:43:59 PM
I dont know how long its been since youve played but the maps and camo mechanics have been changed dramatically.
as an example, TDs no longer retain their camo after they shoot and there are far fewer places to hide.

It has been a couple of years now. I did have about 12 thousand matches, with an overall winning percentage of 56%. My light tanks did terrible..I was just too aggressive. Mediums were better, TD's were the best by far.

I did have a Russian KV-1 with 11 kills in one match. That was very fun...for a year or two, you just couldn't kill them.

steve58

Update 0.7.6 dropping tomorrow.  Night battles and the rest of the American Cruiser line.
Government is not the solution to our problem—government is the problem.   Ronald Reagan
The democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work and give to those who would not.   Thomas Jefferson
During times of universal deceit, telling the truth becomes a revolutionary act.   George Orwell  The truth is quiet...It's the lies that are loud.   Jesus Revolution
If you ever find yourself in need of a safe space then you're probably going to have to stop calling yourself a social justice warrior. You cannot be a warrior and a pansy at the same time   Mike Adams (RIP Mike)

MengJiao

Quote from: steve58 on June 26, 2018, 01:49:40 PM
Update 0.7.6 dropping tomorrow.  Night battles and the rest of the American Cruiser line.

Looks good!!

Dammit Carl!

MengJiao

Quote from: steve58 on June 26, 2018, 01:49:40 PM

Haven't seen a night battle yet.  Here's the Furataka near the Brooklyn Bridge (actually she went down in Iron Bottom sound, but at least didn't get nuked by Bikini B during Operation Crossroads unlike say the Saratoga or the Nagato):

steve58

My bad, right now, I think the only night battle is the Cherry Blossom Ops...which requires the Cleveland or Baltimore.  I should've said night battle.  :-\

MengJiao

Quote from: steve58 on June 27, 2018, 01:35:43 PM
My bad, right now, I think the only night battle is the Cherry Blossom Ops...which requires the Cleveland or Baltimore.  I should've said night battle.  :-\

It's supposed to be a version of Empress Augusta Bay?  Presumably the US cruisers would be shooting at the Imperial Navy.  And you could do it over and over...hence the plural is reasonable: BATTLES!

MengJiao

Quote from: MengJiao on June 27, 2018, 02:36:58 PM
Quote from: steve58 on June 27, 2018, 01:35:43 PM

It's supposed to be a version of Empress Augusta Bay?  Presumably the US cruisers would be shooting at the Imperial Navy.  And you could do it over and over...hence the plural is reasonable: BATTLES!

And here is the Haida (Tribal Class, Canadian Tribe and a Canadian Destroyer):