Streaming Gems (Netflix, Amazon Prime, etc.)

Started by BanzaiCat, December 12, 2014, 09:52:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bob48

My missus picked up on this, and its actually not at all bad and a very unusual subject;

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt6740146/mediaviewer/rm1623281664

Its Spanish and the setting is the Rif wars of the 1920's
'We few, we happy few, we band of brothers'

'Clip those corners'

Recombobulate the discombobulators!

BanzaiCat

Quote from: mirth on May 25, 2018, 01:59:28 PM
Jewish Missile, the Gimp, the Big Short - you have many names

Don't forget "The Hebrew Hammer."

Quote from: Gusington on May 25, 2018, 01:47:02 PM
You cry??

:'(

Sir Slash

I thought he was, "The Lion of Zion". Maybe that was Henny Youngman.
"Take a look at that". Sgt. Wilkerson-- CMBN. His last words after spotting a German tank on the other side of a hedgerow.

bbmike

Not a gem, but if you grew up in the 70s and loved Star Trek then you need to watch Season 2 Episode 1 Star Trek of The Toys That Made Us on Netflix. A bit goofy but a good trip down memory lane with some interesting observations about Trek toys.

"My life is spent in one long effort to escape from the commonplace of existence."
-Sherlock Holmes

"You know, just once I'd like to meet an alien menace that wasn't immune to bullets."
-Brigadier Lethbridge-Stewart

"There's a horror movie called Alien? That's really offensive. No wonder everyone keeps invading you!"
-The Doctor

"Before Man goes to the stars he should learn how to live on Earth."
-Clifford D. Simak

DoctorQuest

I don't have any Star Trek toys. I have a boatload of Star Trek COLLECTABLES, thank you very much.
"Everything you read on the internet is true." - Benjamin Franklin

"Zero-G and I feel fine....." - John Glenn

"I reject your reality and substitute my own." - Adam Savage, inventor of the alternative fact.

BanzaiCat

DoctorQuest

"Everything you read on the internet is true." - Benjamin Franklin

"Zero-G and I feel fine....." - John Glenn

"I reject your reality and substitute my own." - Adam Savage, inventor of the alternative fact.

BanzaiCat

I watched all four seasons of Black Adder over the last week or so. Never saw it before, either. Great stuff, especially the final episode of season 4.

BanzaiCat

Quote from: DoctorQuest on June 04, 2018, 04:14:58 PM
"Phasers"

Also just saw the episode of 'The Toys That Made Us' dealing with Star Trek. I had that bridge set, the one with the transporter you spun around and made the action figure disappear.

bbmike

I had that too. I think even still have the cassette tricorder around here somewhere.
"My life is spent in one long effort to escape from the commonplace of existence."
-Sherlock Holmes

"You know, just once I'd like to meet an alien menace that wasn't immune to bullets."
-Brigadier Lethbridge-Stewart

"There's a horror movie called Alien? That's really offensive. No wonder everyone keeps invading you!"
-The Doctor

"Before Man goes to the stars he should learn how to live on Earth."
-Clifford D. Simak

bob48

Quote from: BanzaiCat on June 04, 2018, 06:02:55 PM
I watched all four seasons of Black Adder over the last week or so. Never saw it before, either. Great stuff, especially the final episode of season 4.

There are a couple of extra episode, such as the Christmas Special, which are well worth watching.
'We few, we happy few, we band of brothers'

'Clip those corners'

Recombobulate the discombobulators!

BanzaiCat

I'll look for 'em, Bob - thanks!  O0

Found another good South Korean movie called "Steel Rain" on Netflix. Very tense and entertaining movie about a coup in North Korea where Fat Boy gets gravely injured in a missile attack and a secret policeman smuggles him south to save his life. Things ramp up pretty quickly as this guy doesn't know whom to trust while trying to keep Fat Boy alive, otherwise war would be a guarantee. Meanwhile, the coup leaders move forward on all cylinders as they try to bring that war to reality.

Note you might have to click the CC button in the video to bring up the English subtitles, if they don't automatically appear.

BanzaiCat

Damn. Just...daaaaammmmn.

This was f'd up and outstanding.

BanzaiCat

God, Transformers The Last Knight is the dumbest pile of crap I've ever seen in my life.

Someone told me it was decent so I'm powering through it, but this is pretty damned disjointed and dumb. I think I keep watching to see how much more stupidity it will bleed. :)

Gusington

I have never seen any of the Transformers movies - wasn't the first one good? I was also looking forward to the Bumblebee movie.

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd