Romulan Star Empire War Report

Started by Anguille, August 13, 2014, 04:09:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

JasonPratt

That was some straight-up Legend of the Galactic Heroes fighting right there!  O0
ICEBREAKER THESIS CHRONOLOGY! -- Victor Suvorov's Stalin Grand Strategy theory, in lots and lots of chronological order...
Dawn of Armageddon -- narrative AAR for Dawn of War: Soulstorm: Ultimate Apocalypse
Survive Harder! -- Two season narrative AAR, an Amazon Blood Bowl career.
PanzOrc Corpz Generals -- Fantasy Wars narrative AAR, half a combined campaign.
Khazâd du-bekâr! -- narrative dwarf AAR for LotR BfME2 RotWK campaign.
RobO Q Campaign Generator -- archived classic CMBB/CMAK tool!

Anguille

Anguille

After rebuilding our invasion task forces and fighting the remainings of the Cardassians forces, the High Command has decided to attack T'lli Beta thus allowing to unite Cardassia with the rest of the Romulan Star Empire.

After a first wave of bombings, the ground troops land without too much problems and take the planet.

The losses haven't been so big so it is decided to pursue the offensive....next target: Oceanus

We notice that the Cardassians continue to produce ships at a regular pace. The decision is therefore taken that, after the successful invasion of Oceanus, the fleet will go very much deeper into Cardassians territory in order to attack Moab, the last planet of the Cardassian Union that produces dilithium....without dilithium, the Union won't be able to produce any new ships thus allowing us to take our time during our conquest.

Martok

Not including Oceanus, how many systems have you taken from the Cardassians now?  Three? 

"Like we need an excuse to drink to anything..." - Banzai_Cat
"I like to think of it not as an excuse but more like Pavlovian Response." - Sir Slash

"At our ages, they all look like jailbait." - mirth

"If we had lines here that would have crossed all of them. For the 1,077,986th time." - Gusington

"Government is so expensive that it should at least be entertaining." - airboy

"As long as there's bacon, everything will be all right." - Toonces

Anguille

Quote from: Martok on August 19, 2014, 03:03:59 PM
Not including Oceanus, how many systems have you taken from the Cardassians now?  Three?
I think so...have to look at my netbook tomorrow ;)

Anguille

Romulan Star Empire War Report (Year 743)

The War against the Cardassian Empire has been going on well even if the losses were very high. We took Moab, Dimorus, Andoria, Farius and Oceanus. The Mintakans have accepted to join us. We hoped that the Cardassians would surrender but they are so stubborn especially that they don't have any planets producing dilithium anymore. We will have to continue the campaign until we have taken the entire Cardassian Empire...planet by planet.

Meanwhile, the United Federation, the Ferengi and the Klingons have all declared war on us even though we have never interfered into their affairs. So it's going to be a victory on our own....no allies possible anymore.

The Fleets guarding the frontier to the Neutral Zone have been on alert and are ready. The Federation hasn't however made any attempts to enter the territory so far....so we have decided to send a few fleets on our own in order to scout their defenses....and maybe take a planet or two in the process...

We have just realised that the Federation was sending huge fleets towards the remaining of the Cardassian Empire in order to support them. Our attack fleet, while fully able to deal with the Cardassians cannot handle such a big threat. Big reinforcements are needed...

Martok

Wow, still playing this one!  Even if you took a long break from it, that's still pretty amazing.  O0 

I hope you have sufficient reinforcements to deal with the Feds.  Looks like they have Defiant-class ships in their order-of-battle now...  :o 

"Like we need an excuse to drink to anything..." - Banzai_Cat
"I like to think of it not as an excuse but more like Pavlovian Response." - Sir Slash

"At our ages, they all look like jailbait." - mirth

"If we had lines here that would have crossed all of them. For the 1,077,986th time." - Gusington

"Government is so expensive that it should at least be entertaining." - airboy

"As long as there's bacon, everything will be all right." - Toonces

Anguille

Quote from: Martok on January 27, 2016, 03:58:08 PM
Wow, still playing this one!  Even if you took a long break from it, that's still pretty amazing.  O0 
Yeah i know...the game is on my netbook on which i don't play on a very regular basis. I indend however to play this game until victory!  ;)

Anguille

New report:

The first fleet of the Romulan Star Empire has conquered the last Cardassian colony...the Cardassians are now fully integrated. The losses were not big during the last few years but the ships lost at the beginning of the war have not all been replaced...the first fleet is now being rebuilt at the border to the Ferengi Empire...our services have spotted some very big fleets with 60 to 70 warships.

The war against the Federation is going well too....we took Earth! The second fleet has had few losses despite some battles against large groups of Defiant class warships. We are taking one planet after the other. Taking down the Federation will be the focus of Romulus for the next few years. We are trying to convince the Klingons to help us. They are very weak but are on the other side of the Federation...

The Romulan Star Empire controls now 50 solar systems!

Anguille

I won my long lasting game of Birth of the Federation with the Romulans. Balance of Power mod large. It took me 877 turns to win, conquered the Cardassians, most the Federation (including Sol) and just 3 Sectors away from Ferenginar. I have 59 or 60 solar systems in my Empire.

I was largely financing the Klingons who helped keeping the Federation and the Ferengi busy. I may post a few screenshots when i have the time.

airboy

Anguille