Planes!

Started by bayonetbrant, March 03, 2013, 02:58:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

GDS_Starfury

this:

plus this:

is how Warthogs are made!
Jarhead - Yeah. You're probably right.

Gus - I use sweatpants with flannel shorts to soak up my crotch sweat.

Banzai Cat - There is no "partial credit" in grammar. Like anal sex. It's either in, or it's not.

Mirth - We learned long ago that they key isn't to outrun Star, it's to outrun Gus.

Martok - I don't know if it's possible to have an "anti-boner"...but I now have one.

Gus - Celery is vile and has no reason to exist. Like underwear on Star.

Steelgrave

A B-52, appropriately named "Ghost Rider", is resurrected from the Arizona desert to fly again.

http://www.cnn.com/2015/02/21/us/arizona-b-52-restored/index.html

GDS_Starfury

the flip side is that its not cool to be dipping into that part of the reserve pool for operational use as a complete airframe.

Banzai Cat - There is no "partial credit" in grammar. Like anal sex. It's either in, or it's not.

Mirth - We learned long ago that they key isn't to outrun Star, it's to outrun Gus.

Martok - I don't know if it's possible to have an "anti-boner"...but I now have one.

Steelgrave

My understanding was that the planes at Davis-Monthan were intended both for parts and for possible re-constitution in emergencies. No?

GDS_Starfury

yeah, but..... a B-52.....

mirth

Yeah turns out we need to keep 60 year old bombers in service for the foreseeable future.
"45 minutes of pooping Tribbles being juggled by a drunken Horta would be better than Season 1 of TNG." - SirAndrewD

"you don't look at the mantelpiece when you're poking the fire" - Bawb

"Can't 'un' until you 'pre', son." - Gus

mirth

Our aircraft procurement in the past 30 years has not been great :(
"45 minutes of pooping Tribbles being juggled by a drunken Horta would be better than Season 1 of TNG." - SirAndrewD

GDS_Starfury

I dont mind the use of parts.  But a whole airframe that needs to be brought up to current spec....

GDS_Starfury

oddly it will probably have the fewest flight hours in the fleet.  :P

republic

Just saw this:  http://www.airforcetimes.com/story/military/pentagon/2015/02/19/b52-comes-back-from-the-boneyard/23675305/

A B-52H bomber named "Ghost Rider" is back from the dead.

The bomber was sitting in the "boneyard" at Davis-Monthan Air Force Base, Arizona, when it was selected to replace another B-52 that was damaged in a fire, said Maj. Phillip Ventura, spokesman for the 2nd Bomb Wing.

The Air Force is such an odd animal.  Bringing back an old Buff to replace a damaged one is a common sense thing.  Then on the other hand you have them wanting to cut the A-10 and spending billions on stealth planes we don't use...

mirth

GDS_Starfury

its like Bawbs moustache flying off into the sunset.

if his stach' didnt fly for the Luftwaffe.

bob48

I always maintained an airworthy spare.
'We few, we happy few, we band of brothers'

'Clip those corners'

Recombobulate the discombobulators!

mirth

Quote from: bob48 on March 05, 2015, 08:41:19 AM
I always maintained an airworthy spare.

Just like the Mrs. and her frying pans.

bob48

Those would be 'hairworthy' rather than 'airworthy'.
'We few, we happy few, we band of brothers'

'Clip those corners'

Recombobulate the discombobulators!