Jukebox Playlist

Started by Bison, February 07, 2013, 06:53:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bayonetbrant

when you finally make it to Origins, ask me about the Afghan Whigs story
The key to surviving this site is to not say something which ends up as someone's tag line - Steelgrave

"their citizens (all of them counted as such) glorified their mythology of 'rights'...and lost track of their duties. No nation, so constituted, can endure." Robert Heinlein, Starship Troopers

-budd-

daily toils done...check
family tucked in....check
cold ones....errrr...cold...check
headphones....check

decompression time :D

i'm a theme guy...I like all kinds of music, but I love metal. My wheel house is mid 70's to all of the 80's metal. The theme tonight is bands and /or albums i haven't visited in awhile.

remember these people :idiot2:

My favorite Thin Lizzy album, forgot how good this was....damn that smokes.

From Transcendence... Crimson Glory.....Masque Of The Red Death

From Awaken The Guardian....Fates Warning.....Prelude To Ruin

From  Killers.....Iron Maiden... Wrathchild....Bruce just can't pull this one off, Steve and Clive kill on this one.

To be free.......I want out....Helloween.....Keeper of the seven keys pt.2

The first instrumental album I bought....this whole album just flows well. From Surfing with the alien.....Ice 9..Joe Satriani

I happened to be looking thru my cassettes, you know the ones from BMG and Columbia house where they screwed you with the shipping and handling, but hey 12 cassettes for a penny what the hell :o  came across this band, which i had forgot about.

Self titled album i believe...War Babies...Hang me up....formed in Seattle.

Another Seattle band... the song is from 96 though. ..from Shot, Illusion, New God....Shot...Gruntruck.

From.... How will i laugh tomorrow when i cant even smile today...If I don't wake up...Suicidal Tendencies.

and just because Neil Peart is my favorite Drummer....Drum cam time.....YYZ Live in Rio..Rush is just so technically proficient.Man that crowd is having a good time, singing along with a song that has no words...classic.

Eye candy finish..from Wake me when its over...Where there's a whip there's a Way..Faster Pussycat.

Enjoy when you can, and endure when you must.  ~Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

Be Yourself; Everyone Else is Taken ~Oscar Wilde

*I'm in the Wargamer middle ground*
I don't buy all the wargames I want, I just buy more than I need.

bayonetbrant

another ass-kicking Gruntruck tune

IIRC they were an "all-star" band of a bunch of underground punk guys that were trying to bridge the metal-grunge divide of the early 90s.
The key to surviving this site is to not say something which ends up as someone's tag line - Steelgrave

"their citizens (all of them counted as such) glorified their mythology of 'rights'...and lost track of their duties. No nation, so constituted, can endure." Robert Heinlein, Starship Troopers

W8taminute

Picture yourself sitting in a dark, dingy, dive bar in the middle of the city filled with people wearing black leather, black eyeliner, and jet black hair with paper clips in their faces and this song playing over the sound system.  You're drinking a beer with your mates and the world couldn't be any more perfect. 
"You and I are of a kind. In a different reality, I could have called you friend."

Romulan Commander to Kirk

MetalDog

Quote from: W8taminute on March 04, 2015, 06:29:18 PM
Picture yourself sitting in a dark, dingy, dive bar in the middle of the city filled with people wearing black leather, black eyeliner, and jet black hair with paper clips in their faces and this song playing over the sound system.  You're drinking a beer with your mates and the world couldn't be any more perfect.

Sure it could.  You could be listening to something other than The Cure ;)  :2funny:
And the One Song to Rule Them All is Gimme Shelter - Rolling Stones

"If its a Balrog, I don't think you get an option to not consent......." - bob

W8taminute

Quote from: MetalDog on March 04, 2015, 07:01:19 PM
Quote from: W8taminute on March 04, 2015, 06:29:18 PM

Sure it could.  You could be listening to something other than The Cure ;)  :2funny:

LOL.  Well their early stuff was good before they sold out.   :)
"You and I are of a kind. In a different reality, I could have called you friend."

Romulan Commander to Kirk

MetalDog

Early or late wouldn't have helped, I didn't like any of it ;)  I worked with a kid who was in to all that stuff.  He was a pretty good guy.  His girlfriend was generously endowed and liked to wear revealing shirts.  So, even if he listened to The Cure, he was ok to have around as long as she was with him :)

GDS_Starfury

Quote from: MetalDog on March 04, 2015, 07:01:19 PMYou could be listening to something other than The Cure ;)

fuck off.  they had a lot of good shit.
can you imagine this being released today?

Jarhead - Yeah. You're probably right.

Gus - I use sweatpants with flannel shorts to soak up my crotch sweat.

Banzai Cat - There is no "partial credit" in grammar. Like anal sex. It's either in, or it's not.

Mirth - We learned long ago that they key isn't to outrun Star, it's to outrun Gus.

Martok - I don't know if it's possible to have an "anti-boner"...but I now have one.

Gus - Celery is vile and has no reason to exist. Like underwear on Star.

GDS_Starfury

and album version:

and a live version:

Banzai Cat - There is no "partial credit" in grammar. Like anal sex. It's either in, or it's not.

Mirth - We learned long ago that they key isn't to outrun Star, it's to outrun Gus.

Martok - I don't know if it's possible to have an "anti-boner"...but I now have one.

Staggerwing

The Cure had lots of great stuff. In the 80's they had an epic range of musical styles but I kind of did lost track of them after the 'Disintegration' album. Most of their 90's stuff was a bit light. How is 'Bloodflowers'? I've been meaning to get it one of these days since rumor has it the music is more like their 80's stuff.

MD, maybe you've heard this one (if your lucky friend played it):

Vituð ér enn - eða hvat?  -Voluspa

Nothing really rocks and nothing really rolls and nothing's ever worth the cost...

"Don't you look at me that way..." -the Abyss

'When searching for a meaningful embrace, sometimes my self respect took second place' -Iggy Pop, Cry for Love

... this will go down on your permanent record... -the Violent Femmes, 'Kiss Off'-

"I'm not just anyone, I'm not just anyone-
I got my time machine, got my 'electronic dream!"
-Sonic Reducer, -Dead Boys

MetalDog

Quote from: GDS_Starfury on March 05, 2015, 02:06:14 AM
Quote from: MetalDog on March 04, 2015, 07:01:19 PMYou could be listening to something other than The Cure ;)

fuck off.  they had a lot of good shit.

You can certainly think so.  I don't.  Where I grew up, the kind of person that listened to this was not someone I chose to hang with.  How they presented themselves based on the music they listened to was not anything I wanted to be involved in.  That vampire/homo/emo vibe didn't jibe with the AOR/beer drinking/party time music that me and my buddies listened to.  In the end, it all comes down to taste.  You liked it, I didn't.  I respect your opinion, but, the little I've heard doesn't impress me and all your offers for me to copulate solo aren't going to change my mind.  And neither is what I consider crappy, whine ass music.

bayonetbrant

there's a half-dozen or so Cure tunes I really dig.  Unfortunately, most of them were left off of Seven Nations cover album of Cure tunes :(

GDS_Starfury

sounds like a vintage goth chick broke your heart MD.

MetalDog

Quote from: GDS_Starfury on March 05, 2015, 09:26:36 AM
sounds like a vintage goth chick broke your heart MD.

Nope.  Pretty sure I explained where I was coming from.  And just to be clear, it doesn't matter to me what kind of music you like.  It's your choice and fits your ear and sensibilities.  Good on ya'.  Music is the best!!

BanzaiCat