The Vainglory of Grogheads - Pride of Nations PBEM AAR

Started by undercovergeek, September 11, 2014, 03:22:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

undercovergeek

right, so ive landed 500 deadly balloon troops in Tripoli - theyve taken the depot and the 'base' there - i have ordered the building of a fortress - do my guys automatically supply themselves? do i need to ship in more supplies? how do i see what the supply situation is?

Silent Disapproval Robot

When they start dying off from starvation, you'll know you're out of supply.

Hover the mouse over the province and it should show you your supply stockpile and consumption rate. 

Click on the supply filter for the map and you'll see where your main supply points are and if Tripoli is in range. 

If it's not, build a depot and throw a merchant fleet in the Med.

I'm busy dealing with drooling mobs of rebellious Belorussian rabble.  Pesky little buggers.  Didn't put up anywhere near the fight that those damned Khivans did.  Their army of undead is now hanging out just across the border in Samarkand.   

undercovergeek

a depot came with the base and i captured 18 wagons as well - hopefully thats good, and it means the army of defenders is now trapped in the desert - is there a way to avoid attrittion or do i just boost the numbers in the recruitment screen?

undercovergeek

hmmm, supplies are ok but for some reason the game moved my army out of tripoli, into Tunas territory and now wont let me back into tripoli, at which point i guarantee the rebels will reattack tripoli take it back and leave me without supplies - cant imagine why it moved me - do you need to enter the buildings on arrival at a province?

balls - having mastered the handbag industry, i have no idea what to do in combat!

Martok

Quote from: undercovergeek on February 16, 2015, 08:43:18 PM
balls - having mastered the handbag industry, i have no idea what to do in combat!
LOL.  Quote of the week right there! 

"Like we need an excuse to drink to anything..." - Banzai_Cat
"I like to think of it not as an excuse but more like Pavlovian Response." - Sir Slash

"At our ages, they all look like jailbait." - mirth

"If we had lines here that would have crossed all of them. For the 1,077,986th time." - Gusington

"Government is so expensive that it should at least be entertaining." - airboy

"As long as there's bacon, everything will be all right." - Toonces

Sir Slash

Can't the handbags be used as weapons? My wife's can. That's why she lets me carry it, in case we're attacked.
"Take a look at that". Sgt. Wilkerson-- CMBN. His last words after spotting a German tank on the other side of a hedgerow.

JasonPratt

THEY ARE A WEAPON OF INTIMIDATION!

"These handbags, were once enemies of ours.

"These smaller coin purses... they came from our enemies."
ICEBREAKER THESIS CHRONOLOGY! -- Victor Suvorov's Stalin Grand Strategy theory, in lots and lots of chronological order...
Dawn of Armageddon -- narrative AAR for Dawn of War: Soulstorm: Ultimate Apocalypse
Survive Harder! -- Two season narrative AAR, an Amazon Blood Bowl career.
PanzOrc Corpz Generals -- Fantasy Wars narrative AAR, half a combined campaign.
Khazâd du-bekâr! -- narrative dwarf AAR for LotR BfME2 RotWK campaign.
RobO Q Campaign Generator -- archived classic CMBB/CMAK tool!

undercovergeek

ah well this is quite embarassing, apparently kicking out the rebels who owned the priovince only made it revert back to ottoman ownership, and im not at war with them, hence i got moved out of the neutral territory - oops

JasonPratt

Should have improved your standing with the Ottomans, though?
ICEBREAKER THESIS CHRONOLOGY! -- Victor Suvorov's Stalin Grand Strategy theory, in lots and lots of chronological order...
Dawn of Armageddon -- narrative AAR for Dawn of War: Soulstorm: Ultimate Apocalypse

Silent Disapproval Robot

Damned Chechens are rebelling again.  The whole Caucasus area is a sea of rebel armies.

On a side note, Yahoo email security informed me that our constant email exchanges of orders and turn files are "suspicious".  Wonder if they think I'm the next Nigerian prince?

undercovergeek

Desperate to fight someone my second balloon company is sailing round Africa to come up the East Coast and cause some trouble in rebel territory

I have a cassus belli against Austria - the first motions in the move of independence - I can attack and risk slaughter - historically France marched thru Sardinia and kicked their ass - I need to speak to tuna

Economy is booming and I'm quite the dealer in handbags, drugs and wine - occasionally traders will get me gold or gems and I can please the upper classes with luxuries

I just need unification to open the other options in the game

JasonPratt

DEAREST YOURS IN CHRIST, BELOVED!

I HOPE AND PRAY YOU ARE A TRUSTWORTHY PERSON. I AM THE WIFE OF A FINANCE MINISTER OF AN EAST AFRICAN NATION, WHICH I CANNOT NAME AT THIS TIME FOR SAKE OF SECURITY. RECENTLY OUR ECONOMY AND POPULATION WERE THROWN INTO PANIC AND SHAMBLES BY THE APPEARANCE OF A FLEET OF GREAT COLORFUL BAGS IN THE SKY FROM WHICH RIFLE FIRE OCCASIONALLY FELL. THIS DEMONIC INCURSION HAS CONVINCED MY HUSBAND THAT WE SHOULD MOVE TO A TRULY FREE AND MODERN NATION, BUT WE NEED YOUR HELP. HE WISHES TO USE A TRUSTWORTHY BANK ACCOUNT TO PLACE A LARGE SUM OF MONEY FOR A FEW YEARS WHERE NO ONE CAN NO NO OH GOD THE THINGS IN THE SKY HAVE COME HERE AAAH AAAAAAAHHH

Tuna

Lol, let me get my armies back up to snuff before dragging me into a war. Still hurting from UK war! Every turn is just trying to replenish troops. War is fun, in between, not so much.

Silent Disapproval Robot

There's an in-between?

I've been fighting constantly.  If it's not the Khivans then it's the Chechens.  If it's not the Chechens then it's the Turks.    God-damned Mussulmen.