Decades Feeder Bracket - 1985 Championship

Started by MetalDog, September 17, 2017, 09:31:36 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

MetalDog

Well, the Eurythmics did it again, this time taking out the number 6 seed, Stevie Ray Vaughan.  As I've explained before, with the exception of the top 2 seeds, seeding is based more on what I think will make a good first round match.  That I got Eurythmics seeded so low and that they've come this far doesn't surprise me, it just irritates me that I misjudged it so badly.  Regardless, it's great to see such a good song make it this far.  As for Dire Straits, I am in agreement with the position stated by some of you that Money for Nothing is certainly not the best Dire Straits song, or anyone's favorite, but, in its time, that song dominated.  So, let's see what you have to say about it my gentle voters and have at!

The 1/10

And the One Song to Rule Them All is Gimme Shelter - Rolling Stones

"If its a Balrog, I don't think you get an option to not consent......." - bob

Tuna

Kind of like Hell in a Bucket being a big hit for the Dead.. Crappiest song and album ever.. or maybe that white album.. heck all their studio stuff sucked after Blues for Allah!

MetalDog

And the winner is...Would I Lie to You!  The little 10th seed that could!!  Thank you all for voting!

Barthheart

OJsDad

'Here at NASA we all pee the same color.'  Al Harrison from the movie Hidden Figures.

bayonetbrant

It might be my favorite Eurythmics song, but I don't know that it's my preferred song from '85.
The key to surviving this site is to not say something which ends up as someone's tag line - Steelgrave

"their citizens (all of them counted as such) glorified their mythology of 'rights'...and lost track of their duties. No nation, so constituted, can endure." Robert Heinlein, Starship Troopers

mirth

Brant bitching in one of these bracket threads. Who would have guessed?
"45 minutes of pooping Tribbles being juggled by a drunken Horta would be better than Season 1 of TNG." - SirAndrewD

"you don't look at the mantelpiece when you're poking the fire" - Bawb

"Can't 'un' until you 'pre', son." - Gus

OJsDad

'Here at NASA we all pee the same color.'  Al Harrison from the movie Hidden Figures.

bayonetbrant

The key to surviving this site is to not say something which ends up as someone's tag line - Steelgrave

"their citizens (all of them counted as such) glorified their mythology of 'rights'...and lost track of their duties. No nation, so constituted, can endure." Robert Heinlein, Starship Troopers

Steelgrave

"Would I Lie to You" wouldn't make my list of top 50 songs from 1985, but given that my favorites have been doing well overall in these brackets, I'll give Dawg a pass on this one   :bd:

MetalDog

I just serve'em up.  You guys vote'em outta the park.