Jeffrey Epstein hangs self

Started by besilarius, August 10, 2019, 08:25:08 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

JasonPratt

Quote from: Epoch Times, Aug 13th editionNew York City's medical examiner office has performed an autopsy of the body of accused sex trafficker Jeffrey Epstein, but a determination on the official cause of death is "pending further information at this time."

Chief Medical Examiner Dr. Barbara Sampson made the revelation in an Aug. 11 statement, in which she said that at the request of those "representing" the financier—who was found dead in his cell from an "apparent suicide"—and with the awareness of the federal prosecutor, she allowed well-known pathologist Dr. Michael Baden "to observe the autopsy examination."

It's unclear which of Epstein's representatives had hired Baden, and why Sampson needed more information to make a determination.

A source who wasn't authorized to speak on the record told Reuters that Epstein was apparently found "hanging by his neck."

Sampson didn't provide a timeline on when the official determination would come out. She also said that a pathologist observing the case was "routine practice." It remains unclear where Epstein's body is currently located.

"Today, a medical examiner performed the autopsy of Jeffrey Epstein," she said in the statement. "The ME's determination is pending further information at this time. ... My office defers to the involved law enforcement agencies regarding other investigations around this death."

Epstein, 66, was found unresponsive in his jail cell in the Special Housing Unit of the Metropolitan Correctional Center (MCC) and taken to a hospital, where he was pronounced dead, according to the Federal Bureau of Prisons, which operates the lower Manhattan jail.

In July, Epstein was reportedly found injured and semi-conscious in his prison cell, with marks on his neck. It remains unknown whether the incident was a suicide attempt or an assault by another inmate.

According to CBS News, Epstein was put on suicide watch after the reported injuries "as a precautionary measure."

Epstein was apparently taken off suicide watch in late July at the request of his attorneys, unidentified sources told The Wall Street Journal. The financier had been meeting with his lawyers for up to 12 hours a day, one of those sources told the newspaper.

Baden's History

Baden, who was New York's chief medical examiner in the late 1970s, has been called as an expert witness in a number of high-profile cases, according to The Associated Press. According to his official biography, Baden is also a Fox News contributor who joined the network in 2003, and has served as the chief forensic pathologist for the New York State Police.

Previously, Baden was the chairman of the House Select Committee on Assassinations Forensic Pathology Panel that investigated the assassinations of President John F. Kennedy and Martin Luther King Jr.

According to his biography, Baden has been called to "investigate many high profile deaths and has testified as an expert witness in numerous court cases."

Baden was also hired by O.J. Simpson's lawyers to "critique the autopsies of Nicole Simpson and Ron Goldman" in his murder trial. Baden reportedly recommended that the former NFL star be placed on suicide watch.

Baden has also testified in the murder trial of record producer Phil Spector. He was also requested by the family of Michael Brown to conduct a separate, independent autopsy after he was shot and killed by a police officer in Ferguson, Missouri.

In addition, he conducted an independent autopsy on former NFL New England Patriots player Aaron Hernandez.

FBI Raids

On Aug. 12, federal agents, including FBI and Customs and Border Protection agents, were seen at the dock and grounds of Epstein's private island in the U.S. Virgin Islands, ABC News reported.

Prosecutors believe the home on the island of Little Saint James was Epstein's "primary residence" in the United States.

In an Aug. 10 statement, Manhattan U.S. Attorney Geoffrey S. Berman said the criminal investigation into sex trafficking and conspiracy accusations against Epstein "remains ongoing."
ICEBREAKER THESIS CHRONOLOGY! -- Victor Suvorov's Stalin Grand Strategy theory, in lots and lots of chronological order...
Dawn of Armageddon -- narrative AAR for Dawn of War: Soulstorm: Ultimate Apocalypse
Survive Harder! -- Two season narrative AAR, an Amazon Blood Bowl career.
PanzOrc Corpz Generals -- Fantasy Wars narrative AAR, half a combined campaign.
Khazâd du-bekâr! -- narrative dwarf AAR for LotR BfME2 RotWK campaign.
RobO Q Campaign Generator -- archived classic CMBB/CMAK tool!

acctingman

It's really sad that meat sacs like this guy get so much pub (thanks US media)

bobarossa

Quote from: acctingman on August 13, 2019, 08:25:14 AM
I'm kind of hoping that other meat sacks like him take a hint to get themselves castrated before they end up "hanging around" a jail cell.

Tripoli

Quote from: acctingman on August 13, 2019, 08:25:14 AM

I think the importance of this story is much larger than Epstein himself.  Rather, it is the powerful people who participated in his crimes, including possibly covering them up through sweetheart plea deals, semi-competent  investigations and lethargic prosecutions.  The significant number of questions regarding his death only further raise reasonable questions about the power of those he associated with, and the uses to which they put that power.  In short, Epstein's life, death and crimes are important because of what they may say about some of our government institutions and public figures.

(Note: I am not suggesting there was in fact a conspiracy to murder Epstein.  I fully agree that his death may well have been at his own hand, merely assisted by a series of negligent and/or incompetent actions by a variety of government employees.  I am, however, suspicions regarding his death are reasonable, and that there needs to be a full and open investigation, with significant levels of accountability meted out to  those who enabled his death due to their bad decisions.  Further, this investigation needs to also encompass those who engaged or abetted in his crimes).
(Note 2: I am not minimizing the effect of Epstein's crimes on his victims.  They  deserve justice.  However, in addition to the reason of justice for the victims, the public interest in Epstein's crimes is primarily based on the reasons I argue above).
"Do I not destroy my enemies when I make them my friends?" -Abraham Lincoln

Sir Slash

Sounds kind of like the Punisher to me except for no bullet holes, blood on the walls, body cut into 3 pieces, and a mass of beaten down prison guards outside the cell.  :coolsmiley:
"Take a look at that". Sgt. Wilkerson-- CMBN. His last words after spotting a German tank on the other side of a hedgerow.

Jarhead0331

Quote from: Sir Slash on August 13, 2019, 03:28:40 PM
Sounds kind of like the Punisher to me except for no bullet holes, blood on the walls, body cut into 3 pieces, and a mass of beaten down prison guards outside the cell.  :coolsmiley:

Where is the fun in that?
Grogheads Uber Alles
Semper Grog
"No beast is more alpha than JH." Gusington, 10/23/18

Toonces

"If you had a chance, right now, to go back in time and stop Hitler, wouldn't you do it?  I mean, I personally wouldn't stop him because I think he's awesome." - Eric Cartman

"Does a watch list mean you are being watched or is it a come on to Toonces?" - Biggs

JasonPratt

In a goofy update to the security situation, the two guards stationed in this area (who have been put on administration leave with their boss the warden, pending further investigation) both claim they fell asleep at the same time, for three hours, and then falsified their records.
ICEBREAKER THESIS CHRONOLOGY! -- Victor Suvorov's Stalin Grand Strategy theory, in lots and lots of chronological order...
Dawn of Armageddon -- narrative AAR for Dawn of War: Soulstorm: Ultimate Apocalypse
Survive Harder! -- Two season narrative AAR, an Amazon Blood Bowl career.
PanzOrc Corpz Generals -- Fantasy Wars narrative AAR, half a combined campaign.
Khazâd du-bekâr! -- narrative dwarf AAR for LotR BfME2 RotWK campaign.
RobO Q Campaign Generator -- archived classic CMBB/CMAK tool!

solops

"Jeffrey Epstein hangs self"

All of the money that was going to be saved on his trial will now be wasted on an investigation. BUT, think of the tax dollars saved on his long-term incarceration! What is it, $38,000/year?

On the other hand, there is that "innocent until proven guilty" thing we all seem to gloss over. The real losers here are the media, who were looking forward to a big payday of long-term, salacious scandals to report. I love their expressive faces showing a veneer of concern and disapproval over greedy, unbridaled glee.
"I could have conquered Europe, all of it, but I had women in my life." - King Henry II of England
I may be drunk, Miss, but in the morning I will be sober and you will still be ugly. - Winston Churchill
Wine is sure proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy. - Benjamin Franklin

ArizonaTank

fnord...Thirty years from now there will be political entertainers running around and maintaining hefty incomes on the topic. They will publish books (or whatever passes for books in the future), make movies (or whatever passes for movies) and make "iron clad" linkages that show Epstein was taken out cover up a conspiracy involving Area 51, and an invasion by alien lizard people.  You heard it here first!...fnord... 
Johannes "Honus" Wagner
"The Flying Dutchman"
Shortstop: Pittsburgh Pirates 1900-1917
Rated as the 2nd most valuable player of all time by Bill James.

Tpek

Quote from: solops on August 15, 2019, 02:00:14 PM
The real losers here are the media, who were looking forward to a big payday of long-term, salacious scandals to report.

They still get it. Epstein was linked to a long list of political and public figures from around the world.
Just here in Israel we have politicians who were directly linked to him, plus others who were indirectly.

One of those politicians is Ehud Barak, an ex-Prime Minister who went on to become a failed politician and recently re-emerged to try and take on Netanyahu (he did beat Netanyahu in the 1999 elections).
And there seems to be some quite juicy secrets in his dealings with Epstein.

Gusington

:o Really? Did not know that.

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

DennisS

Quote from: Jarhead0331 on August 10, 2019, 08:34:13 AM
The Clintons strike again.

Sure. Hillary helped him write his will, then murdered him two days later. Heh heh heh.

Staggerwing

Vituð ér enn - eða hvat?  -Voluspa

Nothing really rocks and nothing really rolls and nothing's ever worth the cost...

"Don't you look at me that way..." -the Abyss

'When searching for a meaningful embrace, sometimes my self respect took second place' -Iggy Pop, Cry for Love

... this will go down on your permanent record... -the Violent Femmes, 'Kiss Off'-

"I'm not just anyone, I'm not just anyone-
I got my time machine, got my 'electronic dream!"
-Sonic Reducer, -Dead Boys