Previous topic - Next topic

Hatricvs

Now back to the main chronology...

20.00 Hrs:

To Brunswick

Sent: 12.00 Hrs, 16th October
Received: 20.00 Hrs

My Lord of Brunswick,

My men at Altenbourg have been overwhelmed by the combined forces of Marshals Ney and Soult.
They flee North and I must after them in the hope of reassembling them.

I salute you!

Yours in Haste,

Tauntzien

Hatricvs

21.30 Hrs

To: Brunswick

Sent: 14.00 Hrs, 16th October
Received: 21.30 Hrs

My Lord of Brunswick,

Our defenses at Altenbourg have held!

We have driven back three enemy divisions. Only one stands before us.
My men, however, are very weary from the fight and I fear we may not have heard the last of our foe.

Yours In Haste,

Zechwitz

Hatricvs

Night 16th October 1806

Orders:

To: Louis, Grawert and Pritwitz

Sent: Night of 16th October for the morrow!

Orders for the 17th October 1806 for the immediate dissemination to Louis, Grawert and Pritwitz.
Louis, Grawert and Pritwitz to move forward from Leipzig and to contest any potential French crossing of the small river that runs south of Leipzig toward Grimma. Array for battle and hold the north side of this river.

Allow friendly forces to retire through positions unless it would compromise your security of tenure due to proximity of enemy forces.

Deny crossing by any French forces and defend and hold at all costs. I expect this line to be contested and held against advancing French forces.

Support will be making its way to you in the near term. There is likely to be a very significant engagement at this point during this new day. 

Advance and take possession of this river line as soon as this order has been received.

Do not delay and engage any who oppose.

Yours ever Brunswick

JasonPratt

Quote from: Hatricvs on May 20, 2018, 02:07:46 PM
I am fed up of being passive,  let us take fthe fight to the French!

Despite being the first citizen of the French people, I cannot help but cheer this decision!  :bd: :clap:
ICEBREAKER THESIS CHRONOLOGY! -- Victor Suvorov's Stalin Grand Strategy theory, in lots and lots of chronological order...
Dawn of Armageddon -- narrative AAR for Dawn of War: Soulstorm: Ultimate Apocalypse
Survive Harder! -- Two season narrative AAR, an Amazon Blood Bowl career.
PanzOrc Corpz Generals -- Fantasy Wars narrative AAR, half a combined campaign.
Khazâd du-bekâr! -- narrative dwarf AAR for LotR BfME2 RotWK campaign.
RobO Q Campaign Generator -- archived classic CMBB/CMAK tool!

Hatricvs

Night of 16th October

To: Orange, Kunheim and Wartens

Sent: Night of 16th of October

Orders for 17th October 1806 for forces currently under my direct command at town crossing of Salle.

Wartens to march out from present location and march by road to Leipzig. Force to move out and be prepared to face hostile action enroute. Leave at 06.00 and make good time. March with flankers and advance cavalry to scout potential enemy activity. Imperative that you reach Leipzig in good time and be in a position to either fight there or advance to sound of the guns. Close with enemy forces and aid or consolidate our position south of Leipzig.

Orange same routine but leave at 07.00 and follow on from Wartens. Keep forces moving and do not bunch up. Allow space to deploy and do not get enmeshed with Wartens forces if he is engaged or is unable to advance as quickly as you. Use your judgement and assist Wartens in his mission if required. Your aim is also to reach Leipzig in good state and good time. Be prepared to fight to get there if required.

Kuhneim same routine but leave at 0.900 and follow on from Wartens and Orange. Same drill as above.

All forces to be vigilant and ever watchful regarding enemy activity. The time has come and we must commit and fight a battle in this area over the next day or so. I expect a significant engagement in the vicinity of Leipzig and I want the area secured for us and aggressive action to ensure the enemy are aware that battle will be joined.

Brunswick

Note: Boy has Blucher changed my outlook on this campaign...over night I have gone all gung-ho!

Hatricvs

Orders 17th October 1806 immediate dispatch
Night of 16th October 1806

To:

Sent: Night of 16th October

Brunswick to commanding officer of reserve at Halle.

I am moving to Leipzig to engage the enemy. I am expecting a significant battle to be fought in that area in the immediate future. I ask that you hold your current position and be watchful and note any enemy activity nearby and contest forcefully any attempt by the enemy to cross the bridge at Halle. We need to ensure that French forces are unable to be able to outflank our forces so that we can concentrate on Leipzig and destroy some of the enemies corps if possible.

Yours Brunswick

Hatricvs

Night of the 16th October

To: Umpire

Orders:

Orders for 17th October 1806 immediate dispatch

In addition to the orders already sent out I ask that a recall order is made for all outlying forces previously ordered to hold and or patrol at distance from the main body of our forces. I ask that any detached forces are immediately recalled to their parent organisation with immediate effect and that they are made ready to unify with their parent commands at the earliest opportunity.

Brunswick to his staff office and secretariat

Hatricvs

Brunswick to Blucher

Night of 16th October 1806

My forces are departing for Leipzig in the early morning. We will March by road and make ready for battle in the vicinity of Leipzig.

I ask that you follow no later than 12.00 after you have taken over the defences we have provided. Leave a small to medium holding force to deny any potential crossing by the enemy. Concentrate the majority of your force upon Leipzig with staggered advance times.

Either we will have a decisive battle near Leipzig tomorrow or the next day. We will reassess the situation once we have further information about the enemy's strength and exact whereabouts.

It goes without saying if you believe that I am heavily engaged then make good speed to assist and March to the sound of the guns.

Brunswick

Note: So there we have it, a complete about face in my policy and all out response to the French. All Prussian forces marching and making ready to contest the action in or around Leipzig....it would not be long before all this changed yet again when news started to flood in from my commands.

James Sterrett

It's very interesting to see all of this from the other point of view!  :)

Hatricvs

17th October 1806

00.00 Hrs

Sent: 16.00 Hrs 16th October
Received: 00.00 Hrs 17th October

My Lord of Brunswick,

I regret deeply to report that my division has been routed from the field.  Not long after my last missive was sent, the fresh forces of Marshal Ney arrived on my flank and cracked the resolve of my men.

I fear the fierce French pursuit and must now march quickly North to defend our line of withdrawal.

Yours in Haste,

Zechwitz

Hatricvs

03.00 Hrs

Sent:  00.00 Hrs, 17th October
Received: 03.00 Hrs

My Lord of Brunswick,

My division has arrived at Leipzig and have here found the men of Grawert, Louis, and Pritwitz's division.  My men fought bravely throughout the day yesterday, but are now a spent force.

S!

Taunzien

Hatricvs

08.30 Hrs

Sent: 05.00 Hrs , 17th October
Received: 08.30 Hrs

Sir!

My last intact division and I are currently traveling North toward Naumbourg.
We will travel with as much haste as is possible. We are currently in the vicinity of Mattstedt.
Since our last contact with the enemy we have not seen nor heard of them.
My guess is they are continuing north from Erfurt.

Regards,
Ruchel.

Hatricvs

13.30 Hrs

Sent: 09.00 Hrs, 17th October
Received: 13.30 Hrs

My Lord of Brunswick,

We are entrenching along the river line as ordered.

Beg leave to report that a French division, as yet unidentified, is approaching our position in march column.

Your Servant,

Grawert

Hatricvs

15.30 Hrs

Sent: 11.00 Hrs, 17th October
Received: 15.30 Hrs

My Lord of Brunswick,

The forces before us have increased.

I believe the men of General Guyot's cavalry division have joined those of Colbert.

They are making no move to attack.

I have been reinforced by the division of General Pritwitz.

Your Servant,

Grawert

Hatricvs

17.00 Hrs

Sent: 14.00 Hrs, 17th October
Received: 17.00 Hrs

My Lord of Brunswick,

We have arrived in good order at Leipzig.

No sign of our foe.

Your Servant, &c.

Wartens