Madness I tell you!

Started by GDS_Starfury, May 26, 2014, 07:31:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

GDS_Starfury

Jarhead - Yeah. You're probably right.

Gus - I use sweatpants with flannel shorts to soak up my crotch sweat.

Banzai Cat - There is no "partial credit" in grammar. Like anal sex. It's either in, or it's not.

Mirth - We learned long ago that they key isn't to outrun Star, it's to outrun Gus.

Martok - I don't know if it's possible to have an "anti-boner"...but I now have one.

Gus - Celery is vile and has no reason to exist. Like underwear on Star.

Steelgrave

Maybe just a touch...obsessive.

GDS_Starfury

theres no such thing in model building.

Banzai Cat - There is no "partial credit" in grammar. Like anal sex. It's either in, or it's not.

Mirth - We learned long ago that they key isn't to outrun Star, it's to outrun Gus.

Martok - I don't know if it's possible to have an "anti-boner"...but I now have one.

Con

I think the madness lies in the choice of model.  If you are going to go down the crazy path what better tank than a Char...

con

GDS_Starfury

I've always liked the aesthetic of it.

mirth

Just thinking about this makes me want to kill myself

QuoteI didn't feel like doing any major modelling today so to be productive I heat formed a number of nuts, the razor blade is to slice them off the sprue. The sprue I used is from Meng which is a nice soft plastic. Different manufacturers plastic has different working properties, this one's just right.

Yeah, well as long as it wasn't anything major...
"45 minutes of pooping Tribbles being juggled by a drunken Horta would be better than Season 1 of TNG." - SirAndrewD

"you don't look at the mantelpiece when you're poking the fire" - Bawb

"Can't 'un' until you 'pre', son." - Gus

GDS_Starfury

there is an element of multitasking involved.
one thing I used to do in my armor heyday was to clean up track links and whatnot while watching tv.

mirth

Really I just wanted to quote this:

QuoteI heat formed a number of nuts, the razor blade is to slice them off

Truly a hobby for you, Star ol' buddy.
"45 minutes of pooping Tribbles being juggled by a drunken Horta would be better than Season 1 of TNG." - SirAndrewD

"you don't look at the mantelpiece when you're poking the fire" - Bawb

"Can't 'un' until you 'pre', son." - Gus

GDS_Starfury

make all of the jokes you want to. 
until you've had Smuck's steamed towel and straight razor special you haven't lived.

MikeGER

the sad thing is:
in a few years you upload extremely high detail blue prints of that tank into your home rapid prototyping 3D printer... an two days later it spits out a model just as detailed as that ....and probably with different full colored material in hundreds of shades and nuts that have a bigger size can even be unscrewed because they are threaded and a non-adhesive spacer-powder to separate it from its threaded bolt was printed in the tiny gaps of the thread 

the next day you say you want it 'double sized' and a few days later ...take it out of the printerbox, or in that case retrieve it from the 3D printshop for larger items

BanzaiCat

And here I thought some of the guys I've read about that do incredible detail into full-scale sets for their Blood Bowl stadiums are obsessive. This guy transcends that and makes it an art form.

GDS_Starfury

Mike, thats already pretty common place these days as the price of 3d printing has come down.  in fact, those are usually used as the molds for a lot of garage type kits.  it still takes tons of work though and the finished kits look great.

MikeGER

yes:-)
i was looking in the future when a home 3d printer gets as common as a fridge in the 60ies - and problay comes in that size also, but that maschine will produce items with different material characteristics, like transparent plastic, floppy plastic (foam), plastic in all color shades, and  'reinforced'- plastic, where  tiny filaments of glass, carbon or aramid fiber gets 'somehow woven' into the item when it get printed
also conductive-plastic, and of course 'spacing powder', that will separate later moving parts and can be blown out or washed out of the item composed off all those different materials.
pure metall-item or ceramic-item 3d printer will remain in the printshop or home depot market i guess.... to expensive, to much heat to shield, to dangerous lasers inside, for run out of the mill costumers ...but available for enthusiast with a garage (like a chuck lathe and welding unit and kiln today)               

undercovergeek

did a medical conference last week and a guy had a 3d printer no bigger than a microwave and it was making replacement arteries for surgery - i could have watched it all day

GDS_Starfury

you did a medical conference for a week? 

can you walk?