carrier battles kickstarter for pc

Started by Grim.Reaper, November 01, 2018, 03:52:10 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Grim.Reaper

have this on my ipad but haven't played much, just hard for me to play these types of games not on pc.  but always got good reviews.  looks like kickstarter to bring it to pc....i am in

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/787937257/carrier-battles-4-desktop

jomni

Never heard of this. Uncommon Valor Lite?

Rekim

rocketman

I have played it on and off since release and I must say I'm impressed with the dedication of the dev. Continuous improvements and fixes. The game is more advanced than meets the eye as damage to ships are detailed under the hood. So far the best complex war game on iPad IMO. Nice thing is that the UI isn't that complicated so the game strikes a nice balance between complexity and accessability.

bobarossa

I'd like to know if the multiplayer was cross-platform or not.  Doesn't say in write-up (althought I see multiplayer is the first strectch goal). 

Also of interest, the team includes Phillipe Thibaut (formerly of AGEOD) for Graphics and Historical Research.

Sir Slash

FINALLY, a really good game for my I-Pad my wife bought me last Christmas.  O0
"Take a look at that". Sgt. Wilkerson-- CMBN. His last words after spotting a German tank on the other side of a hedgerow.

Silent Disapproval Robot

Been playing it on my phone for quite a while now and occasionally chatting with Cyril via email.  It's a decent little war game. I'm in for a new version with sound.

DennisS

Quote from: Rekim on November 01, 2018, 07:15:06 AM
It is Carrier (Victory Games)

This does play like Carrier! by Victory Games, all the way down to level 1 through 4 intelligence.

jomni

Toonces

Man, these guys took my idea!  This was going to be my retirement project.   :-\
"If you had a chance, right now, to go back in time and stop Hitler, wouldn't you do it?  I mean, I personally wouldn't stop him because I think he's awesome." - Eric Cartman

"Does a watch list mean you are being watched or is it a come on to Toonces?" - Biggs

Sir Slash

Oh Well, back to your original idea of the Four-person Surfboard.
"Take a look at that". Sgt. Wilkerson-- CMBN. His last words after spotting a German tank on the other side of a hedgerow.

Grim.Reaper

I wonder if this will make its goal....several days in and still about $20k away....usually the early days of the kickstarter is when you see the biggest push.....fingers crossed.

joram

smittyohio

I wish someone would reprint this game... I am still kicking myself for giving it away years ago...  What was I thinking?   :idiot2: