World Series - Cubs vs Indians

Started by OJsDad, October 22, 2016, 11:06:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

OJsDad

I'm not a baseball fan, but even I know this is an excellent matchup if for no other reason than how long it's been since either team has won a WS.  The Cubs haven't won a WS since 1908, and haven't been to the WS since 1948.  Cleveland was last there in 1997 and last one the WS in 1948.  One teams going to get a long awaited WS title this year.
'Here at NASA we all pee the same color.'  Al Harrison from the movie Hidden Figures.

Bison

OJsDad

'Here at NASA we all pee the same color.'  Al Harrison from the movie Hidden Figures.

DoctorQuest

This will be fun. I have a friend who has a Cub's WS win on his bucket list. I'm not a big baseball fan either but I'll be tuned in to this series.

May the least cursed team win!
"Everything you read on the internet is true." - Benjamin Franklin

"Zero-G and I feel fine....." - John Glenn

"I reject your reality and substitute my own." - Adam Savage, inventor of the alternative fact.

Martok

Quote from: DoctorQuest on October 22, 2016, 11:49:13 PM
I'm not a big baseball fan either but I'll be tuned in to this series.
Same.  I've not been much into baseball ever since the strike, but this looks like it could be fun to watch.  I actually teared up a little when Rizzo got that final out and the whole park went berserk. 

Quote from: DoctorQuest on October 22, 2016, 11:49:13 PM
May the least cursed team win!
Indeed.  I've got a particular soft spot for the Cubs, but I'll be happy no matter which team wins. 

"Like we need an excuse to drink to anything..." - Banzai_Cat
"I like to think of it not as an excuse but more like Pavlovian Response." - Sir Slash

"At our ages, they all look like jailbait." - mirth

"If we had lines here that would have crossed all of them. For the 1,077,986th time." - Gusington

"Government is so expensive that it should at least be entertaining." - airboy

"As long as there's bacon, everything will be all right." - Toonces

mirth

It's going to be tough for the Indians given how the owner has undermined them at every turn.
"45 minutes of pooping Tribbles being juggled by a drunken Horta would be better than Season 1 of TNG." - SirAndrewD

"you don't look at the mantelpiece when you're poking the fire" - Bawb

"Can't 'un' until you 'pre', son." - Gus

bayonetbrant

Quote from: mirth on October 23, 2016, 09:16:29 AM
It's going to be tough for the Indians given how the owner has undermined them at every turn.

uh...  the movie wasn't a documentary ;)
The key to surviving this site is to not say something which ends up as someone's tag line - Steelgrave

"their citizens (all of them counted as such) glorified their mythology of 'rights'...and lost track of their duties. No nation, so constituted, can endure." Robert Heinlein, Starship Troopers

mirth

Quote from: bayonetbrant on October 23, 2016, 09:27:28 AM

what?!
"45 minutes of pooping Tribbles being juggled by a drunken Horta would be better than Season 1 of TNG." - SirAndrewD

OJsDad

Quote from: mirth on October 23, 2016, 09:30:43 AM

what?!

Major League.

mirth

Quote from: OJsDad on October 23, 2016, 11:34:42 AM

what?!

Major League.

I know. It wasn't a documentary?!

OJsDad

MetalDog

I have no animus against the Cubs, I just hope the Indians win.  Little stat I heard, the next WS game the Cubs play on television will be their first.
And the One Song to Rule Them All is Gimme Shelter - Rolling Stones

"If its a Balrog, I don't think you get an option to not consent......." - bob

Grim.Reaper

Pulling for the local team, the tribe....what a year it would be if they won in the same year of the cavs and even the minor league hockey team monsters.....pretty safe the browns won't make it a foursome:)

mirth

If the Browns win the Superbowl this year, we're all doomed.

mirth

Quote from: OJsDad on October 23, 2016, 11:38:45 AM
Quote from: mirth on October 23, 2016, 11:35:48 AM
Quote from: OJsDad on October 23, 2016, 11:34:42 AM

what?!

Major League.

I know. It wasn't a documentary?!

No. Futurementary.

Either way, it was better than the Jimmy Fallon Red Sox movie.