Rise of the Rebellion Question

Started by JudgeDredd, November 11, 2017, 01:10:36 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

JudgeDredd

Hi all

I think I may have cheated my daughter somewhat and I feel bad...but I am unsure so I'm looking for some clarification if possible please.

One of my advanced ground tactic cards said the Assault Tank prevents 2 Red Hits and 2 Black Hits and specifically shows the dice icon that represents one hit

My daughter rolled her 2 black dice and 2 green dice and she rolled 3 explosion icons (2 on black dice and 1 on the green dice) and she assigned 2 damage (red) to my AT-AT and 1 damage (red) to my Assault Tank.

I took this opportunity to prevent 2 of those hits (1 on my AT-AT and 1 on my Assault Tank - thus preventing me losing any units).

Clarification is required though because technically, they were 3 red hits and as such, I could cancel two of them with my card. However, the card specifically shows the hit icon when it mentions

Remove 2 Red Hits

• Remove 2 Black Hits

• Did I cheat her? Is the icon of the dice important on those cards or is it just generally "2 red hits and 2 black hits" regardless of what is rolled on the dice.

Personally, I think I got it wrong
Alba gu' brath

Silent Disapproval Robot

Yup, you got it wrong.  You remove the hit rolls before they're assigned and it is icon specific.  It's under the heading PREVENTING HITS on pg 2 of the expansion rules. 

JudgeDredd

Quote from: Silent Disapproval Robot on November 11, 2017, 01:34:28 AM
Yup, you got it wrong.  You remove the hit rolls before they're assigned and it is icon specific.  It's under the heading PREVENTING HITS on pg 2 of the expansion rules.
You are right. Believe it or not, I have read the rules - several times - AND I look them up on occasion.

She's going to be very pleased - we'll redo the battle.

Thanks
Alba gu' brath

Silent Disapproval Robot

I don't think I've yet played a boardgame where I haven't screwed up at least one rule per session.