Main Menu

2016 Baseball Thread

Started by Bison, January 06, 2016, 11:07:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bison

I'd forgotten about the 96 collapse.

MetalDog

Don't you mean the ascendance of a new Yankee Dynasty?  Some must fall so the champs may rise.
And the One Song to Rule Them All is Gimme Shelter - Rolling Stones

"If its a Balrog, I don't think you get an option to not consent......." - bob

Bison

No.  I mean the embarrassing collapse of the Braves.

MetalDog

That's what I said.  The rightful ascendance of a dominant franchise reclaiming their birthright.

Bison

No.  I'm talking about the Braves, who lost against multiple different teams in the World Series.  The Braves were without question one of if not the best team in baseball during the 1990s, but they never really played like it in the World Series.  The 1996 loss was just one of the worst cases of their World Series woes.

mirth

Quote from: Bison on October 07, 2016, 10:04:14 AM
No.  I'm talking about the Braves, who lost against multiple different teams in the World Series.  The Braves were without question one of if not the best team in baseball during the 1990s, but they never really played like it in the World Series.  The 1996 loss was just one of the worst cases of their World Series woes.

I blame Jane Fonda.
"45 minutes of pooping Tribbles being juggled by a drunken Horta would be better than Season 1 of TNG." - SirAndrewD

"you don't look at the mantelpiece when you're poking the fire" - Bawb

"Can't 'un' until you 'pre', son." - Gus

MetalDog

Quote from: mirth on October 07, 2016, 10:16:29 AM

I blame Jane Fonda.

As you should.

You are exactly zero fun to argue with.  Spoiling good, emotional, fanaticism with your measured facts and opinions.  :P

Bison

Jane Fonda is a...never mind.

On a side note: The Toronto offensive lineup is scary good.  And Bautista is still a douche-nozzle, which I'm pretty sure is just a fact and not an opinion.  :)

MetalDog

Quote from: Bison on October 07, 2016, 10:39:03 AM
Jane Fonda is a...never mind.

On a side note: The Toronto offensive lineup is scary good.  And Bautista is still a douche-nozzle, which I'm pretty sure is just a fact and not an opinion.  :)

Agreed

bayonetbrant

The key to surviving this site is to not say something which ends up as someone's tag line - Steelgrave

"their citizens (all of them counted as such) glorified their mythology of 'rights'...and lost track of their duties. No nation, so constituted, can endure." Robert Heinlein, Starship Troopers

Bison

Yeah.  I saw this earlier and it's pretty funny. 

mirth

"45 minutes of pooping Tribbles being juggled by a drunken Horta would be better than Season 1 of TNG." - SirAndrewD

mirth

Wow. Red Sox are keeping John Farrell.

Arctic Blast

I've been an Indians fan since I started watching baseball around '93 (yeah, I do the go Jays thing, but they're a runner up...only reason they're even that is that the Expos don't exist anymore). Entering the playoffs with no Carrasco and no Santana, I figured they could MAYBE grind out a win over the Red Sox.

Sweep.

Then Bauer hacks his finger up ON A GODDAMN DRONE of all things. Well, that's that.

Win in 5.

I do not know what to think at this point. I'm hoping the Cubs and Dodgers pound on each other for the full seven to give time for rest (and possibly allow Santana to make the World Series roster).

Also, Holy Hell are the TBS announce crew atrocious. How on Earth did they end up doing AL games?! How did that happen?

bayonetbrant

someone's salty about her fiancé not winning the Cy Young

The key to surviving this site is to not say something which ends up as someone's tag line - Steelgrave

"their citizens (all of them counted as such) glorified their mythology of 'rights'...and lost track of their duties. No nation, so constituted, can endure." Robert Heinlein, Starship Troopers