Main Menu

The Division 2

Started by Tpek, March 15, 2019, 02:39:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Yskonyn

Kushan I think there is a perk you can buy that enables armor pack refills at restock crates.

I am about 8 hrs in now. Very much enjoying the game, but mostly when grouped up with at least one friend. Solo I find the game pretty unfairly hard at times and with the better AI of the mercs and hightee tier units their is no way to win without retreating into a choke point and dragging out a fight.
Pretty realistic of course, but in many situations you have no where to run inside a building.

This goes mainly for the story missions however. The side missions seem to scale much better and are a piece of cake solo.

One piece of criticism: I expected the living world to be much more dynamic. The roaming bands of scavengers added to the already familiar random NPC scenes form D1 don't really make a difference for me in relation to the NY from D1. It still feels rather deserted.
"Pilots do not get paid for what they do daily, but they get paid for what they are capable of doing.
However, if pilots would need to do daily what they are capable of doing, nobody would dare to fly anymore."

jamus34

I never played D1 but the variety of the wild animals roaming through DC is a nice touch I thought.
Insert witty comment here.

Huw the Poo

Spelk: Thanks for that, I didn't realise the supplies are always dwindling.  So you basically donate until you've collected all the rewards, then move on.

I really hope they fix the skills bug soon, it's making the game pretty hard to play.

Tpek

Quote from: Huw the Poo on March 17, 2019, 06:02:47 PM
Well, playing on the PS4 I haven't had a single crash yet (I'm at level 6 now).  However the skills bug is getting really annoying.  It just cost me a bounty because I started it right at the end of doing a mission so I didn't have any armour refills left, and I couldn't deploy my sodding fixer drone.  I put up a brave fight, but with no armour refills I just couldn't manage it and had to leg it.

What weapons are y'all using?  Currently I favour a rifle - not the automatic kind - because I like the stopping power coupled with good stability.  My secondary is alternately my Lullaby shotgun and a sniper rifle.  The latter doesn't get as much use though, because I don't like the momentary black screen when entering scoped mode; it's brief but enough for me to lose a distant target.

Weirdly enough, I can't stand the insane recoil of many of the non-automated rifles, the special unique one you get for the deluxe pack (or whatever) is the worst, whereas automatic fire seems to have very little to no recoil and kills enemies faster.

Kushan

Quote from: Yskonyn on March 18, 2019, 02:59:32 AM
One piece of criticism: I expected the living world to be much more dynamic. The roaming bands of scavengers added to the already familiar random NPC scenes form D1 don't really make a difference for me in relation to the NY from D1. It still feels rather deserted.

I agree. The city feels a little dead. I think I saw the game takes place only 7-8 months after the Christmas in Div 1. I find it hard there wouldn't be at least some people still outside the major factions still scrounging around outside the settlements.

Quote from: Huw the Poo on March 18, 2019, 12:43:06 PM
I really hope they fix the skills bug soon, it's making the game pretty hard to play.

Whats this skill bug I keep seeing mentioned? I don't think I've seen any particularly wrong with skills. Div 1 was pretty hard, so far Div 2 is seeming to be more of the same on that front.
PanzersEast: Have to think to myself.... will I play the first one by the Winter Sale?  Probably not, then I should remove Dragonfall
PanzersEast: but that is thinking too logically.... and Steam Sales are about ignoring Logic

---
Twitch Channel
YouTube Channel
Twitter - @KushanGaming
Discord Chat
Command Northern Inferno Let's Play

Huw the Poo

Quote from: Tpek on March 18, 2019, 01:26:16 PM
Weirdly enough, I can't stand the insane recoil of many of the non-automated rifles, the special unique one you get for the deluxe pack (or whatever) is the worst, whereas automatic fire seems to have very little to no recoil and kills enemies faster.

Maybe I got lucky with whatever rifle I picked up, but there's barely any recoil at all.  I can reliably pump five or six shots into someone as they dash from one cover to another, which is usually enough for a kill.

Kushan: You're very lucky if you haven't been hit by this bug as it's almost a game-breaker.  What happens, generally, is skills work OK for the first 10-15 minutes of play, then they always despawn the moment you call them, and enter a 15-second cooldown.  No matter how often you activate them, they despawn immediately every time.  I thought everyone was affected by it - there's certainly a lot of shouting about it on Reddit.  Massive have said it's their number 1 priority to fix.

Jarhead0331

Isn't the City, in fact, "mostly dead"? I guess I'm not surprised it feels so. It has gone through a viral outbreak that killed most of the population...
Grogheads Uber Alles
Semper Grog
"No beast is more alpha than JH." Gusington, 10/23/18

Yskonyn

Quote from: Jarhead0331 on March 18, 2019, 02:45:03 PM
Isn't the City, in fact, "mostly dead"? I guess I'm not surprised it feels so. It has gone through a viral outbreak that killed most of the population...

True, but the devs talked about their 'living world' as a game changer in relation to the rather stale NY City of D1. I don't find it much of a 'living world' yet. At least not radically different from D1.
"Pilots do not get paid for what they do daily, but they get paid for what they are capable of doing.
However, if pilots would need to do daily what they are capable of doing, nobody would dare to fly anymore."

Jarhead0331

^You mean the random racoon, bird or deer doesn't "do it" for you?  :crazy2:
Grogheads Uber Alles
Semper Grog

Yskonyn

Huw the Poo

The skills bug is fixed!  Joy!  I had a great evening in DC last night, exploring, wandering, finding shiny things, occasionally doing what I'm supposed to be doing.  I even made a friend!  Someone actually answered my call for backup, we completed the side mission I was on, then hit the streets together, clearing control points and the like.

By the way, for those clamouring for a more dynamic world, apparently as you progress and your "world tier" increases, the streets become much more strongly contested.

I can't wait to hit the Dark Zone and start killing other players in the face.

Yskonyn

Level 18 here. Enjoying the game very much.
Streets do seem to have more patrols now that I've found more settlements and unlocked stuff from the BoO.
I even saw a Hyena clan patrol actively seeking out a resource convoy of civs. That was pretty cool.

I still have trouble following a coherent story, but lots of co op games suffer from that; guys talking through cutscenes, missions playing out of order due to grouping up.
And the intel is pretty hard to cobble together afterwards in the Progression menu. But oh well. Its mostly about phat lewt anyway. But for the life of me I mostly feel like an alien when some named character starts blabbering on about stuff I clearly should know and in a fashion I clearly should know who that person is as well...  :uglystupid2:

Huw the Poo

Ysk I can't wait to hit the Dark Zone and kill you in the face.  :P

Jarhead0331

Grogheads Uber Alles
Semper Grog

Gusington

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd