Readers Choice Awards: 2016 AAR of the Year Nominations

Started by bayonetbrant, February 11, 2016, 04:38:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

JasonPratt

I HAVE BLOCKED THAT EXPERIENCE FROM MY MEMORY! --

...um, I mean, the game dealt me a toxic hand from which I could never afterward recover.

(And also I tunnel-visioned on Canada like an imbecile; although in the end, even if I had put all those points in West Germ like I should have, I don't know that I could have triggered a Euro autowin in time.So really, I tunnel-visioned too hard on a European autowin. And also on Canada.)
ICEBREAKER THESIS CHRONOLOGY! -- Victor Suvorov's Stalin Grand Strategy theory, in lots and lots of chronological order...
Dawn of Armageddon -- narrative AAR for Dawn of War: Soulstorm: Ultimate Apocalypse
Survive Harder! -- Two season narrative AAR, an Amazon Blood Bowl career.
PanzOrc Corpz Generals -- Fantasy Wars narrative AAR, half a combined campaign.
Khazâd du-bekâr! -- narrative dwarf AAR for LotR BfME2 RotWK campaign.
RobO Q Campaign Generator -- archived classic CMBB/CMAK tool!

Windigo

I think a rematch would be great AAR reading.   \m/
My doctor wrote me a prescription for daily sex.

My wife insists that it says dyslexia but what does she know.

JasonPratt

Well, he also beat me at Barbarossa, so I can't exactly ask for the best two out of three...  O:-)
ICEBREAKER THESIS CHRONOLOGY! -- Victor Suvorov's Stalin Grand Strategy theory, in lots and lots of chronological order...
Dawn of Armageddon -- narrative AAR for Dawn of War: Soulstorm: Ultimate Apocalypse

airboy

If I ever get a chance to figure out the game perhaps we can have a go someday.

JasonPratt

Barthheart

Strela

I thought Gstockbridge's AAR covering the British 6th Airborne's landing 'East of the Orne' from Panzer Battles - Normandy was one of the prettiest and well laid out reports I had seen for quite awhile.

He did it completely in Powerpoint and included a heap of additional information including the actual history and his opponents commentary interspersed throughout the action. Add the period photos and it is a very engaging read.

http://www.theblitz.org/message_boards/showthread.php?tid=70064 to see the whole report laid out...

David

mirth

Nomination for Crossroad's CSME DAR -  CS Middle East: The Crossroads (West Bank, 5 June 1967) -- DAR vs Berto --
"45 minutes of pooping Tribbles being juggled by a drunken Horta would be better than Season 1 of TNG." - SirAndrewD

"you don't look at the mantelpiece when you're poking the fire" - Bawb

"Can't 'un' until you 'pre', son." - Gus

mirth

And one for Tripoli's SaI AAR - World War I in the North Sea-A Steam and Iron Campaign Game AAR
"45 minutes of pooping Tribbles being juggled by a drunken Horta would be better than Season 1 of TNG." - SirAndrewD

Sir Slash

I'll second both of those and add my personal fav. Airborne Rifles excellent Northern Fury: Changing of the Guard.  :bd:
"Take a look at that". Sgt. Wilkerson-- CMBN. His last words after spotting a German tank on the other side of a hedgerow.

mirth

Quote from: Strela on December 20, 2016, 02:41:56 AM
I thought Gstockbridge's AAR covering the British 6th Airborne's landing 'East of the Orne' from Panzer Battles - Normandy was one of the prettiest and well laid out reports I had seen for quite awhile.

He did it completely in Powerpoint and included a heap of additional information including the actual history and his opponents commentary interspersed throughout the action. Add the period photos and it is a very engaging read.

http://www.theblitz.org/message_boards/showthread.php?tid=70064 to see the whole report laid out...

David

That's a helluva AAR.

BanzaiCat

An interesting presentation. I'd tried to figure a way to do AAR playthroughs in Storyline 2 but there's no way to host the files that I'm aware of. Still, that's food for future thought.

bayonetbrant

Voting is now open for Game-Year 2016

http://tinyurl.com/GH2016RCvote

Note that you will need a Google acc't to vote this time around, since we're using Google Forms for the survey.
Being extorted by SurveyMonkey last year was a pretty painful experience for us.
The key to surviving this site is to not say something which ends up as someone's tag line - Steelgrave

"their citizens (all of them counted as such) glorified their mythology of 'rights'...and lost track of their duties. No nation, so constituted, can endure." Robert Heinlein, Starship Troopers