Kursk Early Access game

Started by rocketman, March 10, 2017, 09:47:23 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

rocketman

"Kursk - Battle of Prochorovka" becomes early access at Steam. Has a nice board game look to it. Will investigate further...
http://store.steampowered.com/app/605200/?snr=1_620_4_1402_47

bbmike

Notice the clipped counters.  8)
"My life is spent in one long effort to escape from the commonplace of existence."
-Sherlock Holmes

"You know, just once I'd like to meet an alien menace that wasn't immune to bullets."
-Brigadier Lethbridge-Stewart

"There's a horror movie called Alien? That's really offensive. No wonder everyone keeps invading you!"
-The Doctor

"Before Man goes to the stars he should learn how to live on Earth."
-Clifford D. Simak

Barthheart

Rayfer

Interesting looking. The description says the units are battalion level, but the map doesn't look that way? 

-budd-

But why early access on a single day battle with no apparent  random factors? Strange. Didn't see any mention of map scale of time scale either.
Enjoy when you can, and endure when you must.  ~Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

Be Yourself; Everyone Else is Taken ~Oscar Wilde

*I'm in the Wargamer middle ground*
I don't buy all the wargames I want, I just buy more than I need.

Barthheart

Early access because there is no AI presently but the Dev says he's working on one.

-budd-

Guess I should of clicked "read more" :-" . No pbem, just hot seat or AI  play when released. It's a wargame  so I'll be checking it out on release.
Enjoy when you can, and endure when you must.  ~Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

Be Yourself; Everyone Else is Taken ~Oscar Wilde

*I'm in the Wargamer middle ground*
I don't buy all the wargames I want, I just buy more than I need.

rocketman

I checked the dev's web page and he said on full release it will be 9.99 so a 30% discount if buying at this stage. No AI will make me wait.

Swatter

It looks interesting.

My first impression was not good, but the more I looked the more I liked. For a computer game, the combat system looks a little simplistic. However, what matters is fun I suppose.

DicedT

I wonder if we might have a slight copyright problem here. Does anyone remember the old 1979 Task Force Games boardgame Prochorovka: Armor at Kursk? Take a look at the counter values in the screenshot, and then look at the counters in the boardgame. https://boardgamegeek.com/image/86147/prochorovka-armor-kursk?size=original

Michael

Rekim

I remember Prochorovka: Armor at Kursk. It was my first wargame.

I see what you mean about the counter values. Given that Tigers on the Hunt was published by Matrix and is still available for purchase in spite of many similarities with ASL, I suspect it will be fine.

Zulu1966

Quote from: DicedT on March 14, 2017, 02:18:37 PM
I wonder if we might have a slight copyright problem here. Does anyone remember the old 1979 Task Force Games boardgame Prochorovka: Armor at Kursk? Take a look at the counter values in the screenshot, and then look at the counters in the boardgame. https://boardgamegeek.com/image/86147/prochorovka-armor-kursk?size=original

Michael

Is anyone really concerned over a 35 year old fringe wargame copy right ? In any event - is copying the vales from a counter an infringement. Logic says that if the original got it right then someone else who got it right would get the same numbers ? Cant see a problem here.
"you are the rule maker, the dictator, the mini- Stalin, Mao, Hitler, the emperor, generalissimo, the MAN. You may talk the talk and appear to be quite easy going to foster popularity, but to the MAN I say F*CK YOU." And Steve G is F******g rude ? Just another day on the BF forum ... one demented idiots reaction to BF disagreeing about the thickness of the armour on a Tiger II turret mantlet.