Did you ever hear, the one about FRI-DAY

Started by MetalDog, September 15, 2017, 05:47:38 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Philippe

Pre-Dynastic Egypt is a fun little game with a great art style that keeps sending me back to the early Egyptian gallery at the Met to check out the Naqada ceramics.  Hardly surprising that you're losing sleep over it.

(Naqada bowl from the Met)

And the good news is that some time in the relatively near future Clarus Victoria will come out with a follow-on game about the Old Kingdom, which will let you build Imhotep's Step Pyramid and, eventually, the Great Pyramids of Giza.
Every generation gets the Greeks and Romans it deserves.

History is a bad joke played by the living on the dead.

Senility is no excuse for feeblemindedness.

JasonPratt

The dev came here to Grogheads some months ago, to ask our opinion about what to call "Palestine", too. Generally we agreed that Palestine, despite being a Roman name from the late 1st century CE (or maybe early-mid 2nd century), would be more identifiable to players.

Naturally, there have been people in the Steam comments 'correcting' the devs about Egypt not being an Egyptian word etc.  ::)
ICEBREAKER THESIS CHRONOLOGY! -- Victor Suvorov's Stalin Grand Strategy theory, in lots and lots of chronological order...
Dawn of Armageddon -- narrative AAR for Dawn of War: Soulstorm: Ultimate Apocalypse
Survive Harder! -- Two season narrative AAR, an Amazon Blood Bowl career.
PanzOrc Corpz Generals -- Fantasy Wars narrative AAR, half a combined campaign.
Khazâd du-bekâr! -- narrative dwarf AAR for LotR BfME2 RotWK campaign.
RobO Q Campaign Generator -- archived classic CMBB/CMAK tool!

JasonPratt

Meanwhile, Ysk and I have played our first of hopefully many turns to come, in Red Thunder! Once I have enough "footage" (five or six turns I suppose), I'll start putting together AAR vids.

As a preliminary spoiler, I am reasonably sure I am not losing yet!  :bd: Also, things are wet and grey. (And not only because I'm playing the Germans.)
ICEBREAKER THESIS CHRONOLOGY! -- Victor Suvorov's Stalin Grand Strategy theory, in lots and lots of chronological order...
Dawn of Armageddon -- narrative AAR for Dawn of War: Soulstorm: Ultimate Apocalypse
Survive Harder! -- Two season narrative AAR, an Amazon Blood Bowl career.
PanzOrc Corpz Generals -- Fantasy Wars narrative AAR, half a combined campaign.
Khazâd du-bekâr! -- narrative dwarf AAR for LotR BfME2 RotWK campaign.
RobO Q Campaign Generator -- archived classic CMBB/CMAK tool!