Main Menu

The Mexican Dream

Started by Jarhead0331, August 29, 2017, 10:08:32 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jarhead0331

So Six Days in Fallujah is too controversial, but this kind of abject racism is permitted?

I don't necessarily think that there is no place for this kind of humor, but what if it was a game where you're Germany in WWII trying to keep Jews from getting out? I'm surprised this one made it onto Steam.

http://store.steampowered.com/app/664290/The_Mexican_Dream/
Grogheads Uber Alles
Semper Grog
"No beast is more alpha than JH." Gusington, 10/23/18

Steelgrave

Gusington

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

OJsDad

'Here at NASA we all pee the same color.'  Al Harrison from the movie Hidden Figures.

SirAndrewD

Classy. 

Maybe they'll have KKK Rally Simulator next.
"These men do not want a happy ship. They are deeply sick and try to compensate by making me feel miserable. Last week was my birthday. Nobody even said "happy birthday" to me. Someday this tape will be played and then they'll feel sorry."  - Sgt. Pinback

Micha

More games like this please !
A game to stop boats at lybia would be good !

Gusington

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

MikeGER

Quote from: Micha on August 29, 2017, 01:15:37 PM
More games like this please !
A game to stop boats at lybia would be good !

way down in 1981 when playing Invader (browser: http://www.pacxon4u.com/space-invaders/ ) at the arcade
or maybe it was Centipde

i thought about (what we today would call) a mod or total conversion probably called Asylander
where 'pixel men' had to be stopped reaching the bottom of the screen as the fictional border ^-^

Raied

In the store page there is a flag near to the share/ embed, reported.

Steelgrave

Thank you, Raied. I knew there was a way to complain/report a game, but I wasn't seeing where until you pointed it out.

bayonetbrant

that's insane that someone at Steam approved that one...
The key to surviving this site is to not say something which ends up as someone's tag line - Steelgrave

"their citizens (all of them counted as such) glorified their mythology of 'rights'...and lost track of their duties. No nation, so constituted, can endure." Robert Heinlein, Starship Troopers

Jarhead0331

^Complaining, of course, begs the question...are video games and digital media a form of free speech that deserve a platform?
Grogheads Uber Alles
Semper Grog
"No beast is more alpha than JH." Gusington, 10/23/18

mirth

Quote from: Steelgrave on August 29, 2017, 01:52:27 PM
Thank you, Raied. I knew there was a way to complain/report a game, but I wasn't seeing where until you pointed it out.

+1 Thanks
"45 minutes of pooping Tribbles being juggled by a drunken Horta would be better than Season 1 of TNG." - SirAndrewD

"you don't look at the mantelpiece when you're poking the fire" - Bawb

"Can't 'un' until you 'pre', son." - Gus

Steelgrave

Quote from: Jarhead0331 on August 29, 2017, 01:54:49 PM
^Complaining, of course, begs the question...are video games and digital media a form of free speech that deserve a platform?

I believe they are. But as consumers we have the right to voice our displeasure at what we are finding on the shelves.

SirAndrewD

Quote from: Steelgrave on August 29, 2017, 01:59:36 PM

I believe they are. But as consumers we have the right to voice our displeasure at what we are finding on the shelves.

Agreed.  I support the right of the developers to make this game. 

However, I don't think it's appropriate or required for a distribution platform like Steam to give them a wider venue.
"These men do not want a happy ship. They are deeply sick and try to compensate by making me feel miserable. Last week was my birthday. Nobody even said "happy birthday" to me. Someday this tape will be played and then they'll feel sorry."  - Sgt. Pinback