Ultimate General: Civil War

Started by Jarhead0331, November 13, 2016, 01:46:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jarhead0331

did any of you guys know they were working on this? Gettysburg was very enjoyable. It will be nice to be able to fight out the entire war...

http://store.steampowered.com/app/502520/?snr=1_7_7_comingsoon_150_2

Also give me hope that maybe the series will be expanded beyond the ACW...
Grogheads Uber Alles
Semper Grog
"No beast is more alpha than JH." Gusington, 10/23/18

Gusington

Wow that kinda came out of nowhere.

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

Grim.Reaper

Sounds good but since they name the actual battles included I wonder if just stringed along campaigns versus battles happening more dynamically.  Either way watching.

Beowulf

I'd pay good money if they moved to Napoleonic warfare with their engine.
I knew that they were working on another ACW title, but I've been out of the loop lately. Did they suggest/state what their next project would be?

WallysWorld

Sounds great! Thanks for the heads-up. That's a must buy for me.
"I used to be with it, but then they changed what *it* was. Now what I'm with isn't *it* and what *it* is seems weird and scary to me." - Abraham Simpson

Martok

"Like we need an excuse to drink to anything..." - Banzai_Cat
"I like to think of it not as an excuse but more like Pavlovian Response." - Sir Slash

"At our ages, they all look like jailbait." - mirth

"If we had lines here that would have crossed all of them. For the 1,077,986th time." - Gusington

"Government is so expensive that it should at least be entertaining." - airboy

"As long as there's bacon, everything will be all right." - Toonces

Boggit

I had no idea. This is good news. O0
The most shocking fact about war is that its victims and its instruments are individual human beings, and that these individual beings are condemned by the monstrous conventions of politics to murder or be murdered in quarrels not their own. Aldous Huxley

Foul Temptress! (Mirth replying to Gus) ;)

On a good day, our legislature has the prestige of a drunk urinating on a wall at 4am and getting most of it on his shoe. On a good day  ::) Steelgrave

It's kind of silly to investigate whether or not a Clinton is lying. That's sort of like investigating why the sky is blue. Banzai_Cat

JasonPratt

Quote from: Grim.Reaper on November 13, 2016, 02:07:36 PM
Sounds good but since they name the actual battles included I wonder if just stringed along campaigns versus battles happening more dynamically.  Either way watching.

QuoteFull campaign: Fight in the American Civil War campaign and participate in 50+ battles from small engagements to massive battles that can last several days over hundreds of square miles of terrain. Campaign fully depends on player actions and battle results. Historical battles can also be played separately.

Since Gettysburg itself is included, I'd be very surprised if the other battles didn't have dynamic progression or if Gettysburg no longer did. The overall campaign itself, however, sounds dynamically generated (to some extent, like a larger version of the Gettysburg game.)
ICEBREAKER THESIS CHRONOLOGY! -- Victor Suvorov's Stalin Grand Strategy theory, in lots and lots of chronological order...
Dawn of Armageddon -- narrative AAR for Dawn of War: Soulstorm: Ultimate Apocalypse
Survive Harder! -- Two season narrative AAR, an Amazon Blood Bowl career.
PanzOrc Corpz Generals -- Fantasy Wars narrative AAR, half a combined campaign.
Khazâd du-bekâr! -- narrative dwarf AAR for LotR BfME2 RotWK campaign.
RobO Q Campaign Generator -- archived classic CMBB/CMAK tool!

Grim.Reaper

Quote from: JasonPratt on November 13, 2016, 03:58:12 PM
Quote from: Grim.Reaper on November 13, 2016, 02:07:36 PM

QuoteFull campaign: Fight in the American Civil War campaign and participate in 50+ battles from small engagements to massive battles that can last several days over hundreds of square miles of terrain. Campaign fully depends on player actions and battle results. Historical battles can also be played separately.

Since Gettysburg itself is included, I'd be very surprised if the other battles didn't have dynamic progression or if Gettysburg no longer did. The overall campaign itself, however, sounds dynamically generated (to some extent, like a larger version of the Gettysburg game.)

What I was meaning by dynamic is battles happening in non historical places based on the overall campaign versus locked into historical.  Either way will likely buy.

undercovergeek

id read on the forum something was coming but nothing of this magnitude - i bought the original to support the dev, ACW isnt really my thing but i can see the potential for other theatres

glen55

If the other battles are as good as Gettysburg, and if the campaign progression is as good as the Gettysburg progression, that figures to be one awesome game. Can't wait to check it out.
Things are more like they are now than they have ever been before.
  - Dwight D. Eisenhower

Dammit Carl!

My Civil War related wargaming software is very, very deficient (Age of Rifles was the last one I can think of having that is relevant) so this looks to be pretty dang good.  Thanks for the heads-up!

bboyer66

Holy Shit

I love Gettysburg, and thought he was just working on an Antietam version.   Glad I was wrong. 

Steelgrave

Cyrano

This game will have square buttons.
Sergeant at Arms of La Fraternite des Boutons Carres

One mustachioed, cigar-chomping, bespectacled deity, entirely at your service.

You didn't know? My Corps has already sailed to Berlin. We got there 3 days ago and we've been in the Tiergarten on the piss ever since. -- Marshal Soult, October 1806