Main Menu

Here to FRIDAY!

Started by Jarhead0331, July 06, 2018, 06:18:20 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jarhead0331

DCS with voice attack and maybe some Star Citizen and ARMA 3.

Enjoy!
Grogheads Uber Alles
Semper Grog
"No beast is more alpha than JH." Gusington, 10/23/18

Anguille

I'll try to finish my current Master of Orion campaign with the Elerians. Almost got elected during the last elections. I think i will also play some Battle Academy....the time has come to finally play the game. Played the first scenario of the Western Desert Campaign....maybe also a few turns of my new campaign of Time of Fury...trying to take Poland as fast as possible...the French are already getting nervous in the west....

Dammit Carl!

Will keep on keepin' on ping-ponging between Red Orchestra 2 / Rising Storm 2 and World of Tanks / Warships when not busy with other items in and around the homestead.

Otherwise, I think I'll haul up my 7th Edition Call of Cthulhu stuff up for reading during the inevitable thunderstorms that crop up.

JudgeDredd

No gaming this weekend. Brazil Belgium tonight and off to a mates 60th birthday bash on Saturday near York

But enjoy yer gaming peeps.
Alba gu' brath

Pete Dero

Quote from: JudgeDredd on July 06, 2018, 07:21:35 AM
Brazil Belgium tonight.

Biggest game for our small country in 30 years.

With temperatures around 30° C on a daily basis (NOT normal for us) I don't feel much for gaming.
Might experiment a bit with Voice Attack in Elite Dangerous (thanks Jarhead for the tip).

If we win tonight I will get a voicepack for Elite.   If we lose I will buy 2.

Tuna

Weekend started Tuesday here. Finished my Rome 2 Egyptian campaign yesterday. Then figured I delve into Attila again (I've been frustrated with the political/family thing), but I bought the Rome DLC, and I figured I'd give it another try. Hopefully I watched the right videos!

Destraex

Some WarThunder. Looking at the closedBETA for the warthunder ships as well (when I say looking I mean from a distance). It looks better than world of warships.
Probably some steel division. May also be looking at hearts of iron IV. I believe post scriptum also has a weekend on over the next few days. So will load that one up as well.
"They only asked the Light Brigade to do it once"

KyzBP

I'm still playing Battletech.  Using the adjustments that came with the new(er) patch make the game far more challenging.  I'm using my own settings and after 151 weeks in I still don't ready to take on the first campaign mission. 

I'm also rolling with my OOTP 19 online league.  It's a daily sim league and the most fun I've had in an online league of any type.

-budd-

PBEM games back in full swing.
SCGC- my opponent took Poland , skipped France and China and is double teaming Russia  starting spring of 40. It's now Nov. 40 Russia holding strong and I'm preparing to put the French and Chinese to work , probably around April. Since I have the French navy still used them and the British to chase the Italians back to Port in the Med.

BA2- armor clash, I'm Germans against Russians . Just had first contact, should be bloody.

TOAW- a little French in Vietnam action.

Order of Battle- coming to the end, attrition for both sides is obvious. Could go either way, map called the fork. I'm the Japanese.

Twilight Struggle- I won the first game when my opponent lost track of the defcon level and started a world war , so lost the game. Just finished the first headline phase of the second game. Can't say I understand how all the parts fit together yet in this game, but it's interesting.

Tastee lethal tactics- a nice Frozen Synapse clone with more modern graphics for units and maps.

After finishing serious Sam first and second encounter I jumped back into some fps action in the recently purchased Duke Nukem 3D 20th anniversary edition for some blasting and one liners.
I also installed Bioshock infinite so may finally start that, I loved the first 2 Bioshocks, usually run through them yearly. Don't think I've played them since the remaster though.

Enjoy your weekend folks.
Enjoy when you can, and endure when you must.  ~Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

Be Yourself; Everyone Else is Taken ~Oscar Wilde

*I'm in the Wargamer middle ground*
I don't buy all the wargames I want, I just buy more than I need.

JasonPratt

• continuing as Belgium (now finishing the second winter) in the Crisis Grogs Vassal mp of Falling Skies, aka Falling Grogsky. Now that we're doing a free-for-all instead of full team co-op (as in Fire in the Grogs Too), the hangout chat has become a lot more hilarious.  >:D Will doubtless convert this to a video series eventually, but meanwhile...

• making progress on finishing the video series of our FitL game. Actual progress! With... with progressivity! (But no new videos uploaded yet.)

• My Grogfest Strategic Command Classic game vs Shelldrake has bogged down around Smolensk, which isn't surprising. I mean to concentrate more this weekend on getting more turns played, as I have been overly slack in my turnaround.

• I've been diddling with Egypt: the Old Kingdom recently, and appreciating the new mechanic variations to the series. Things are different enough (and random enough) that I have yet to formulate a clear strategy for maximum progress. Lots of restarts, but in a good way as I make tweaks to my protocols.
ICEBREAKER THESIS CHRONOLOGY! -- Victor Suvorov's Stalin Grand Strategy theory, in lots and lots of chronological order...
Dawn of Armageddon -- narrative AAR for Dawn of War: Soulstorm: Ultimate Apocalypse
Survive Harder! -- Two season narrative AAR, an Amazon Blood Bowl career.
PanzOrc Corpz Generals -- Fantasy Wars narrative AAR, half a combined campaign.
Khazâd du-bekâr! -- narrative dwarf AAR for LotR BfME2 RotWK campaign.
RobO Q Campaign Generator -- archived classic CMBB/CMAK tool!

Kushan

Quote from: Pete Dero on July 06, 2018, 07:45:23 AM
Might experiment a bit with Voice Attack in Elite Dangerous (thanks Jarhead for the tip).

I can't recommend the Elite HCS VoicePacks enough. I don't play much Elite anymore, but it's still one of the best purchases I've made for an addon. I was able to cut maybe 1/2 to 3/4 of the functions I had bound to by X-55 when I started using it. Things liek landing gear up/down, just got unbound because VoiceAttack took care of it. I kept things like super cruise and throttle but for the most part when I'm just flying around doing normal non-combat things I use VA to control throttle and entry/exit into super cruise. It looks daunting to set up but its actually really easy. There are a few really good tutorials on YouTube on how to go about setting it up. I think ObisidianAnt has one and HCS had one as well.

As for gaming, I've been off all week. Been splitting most of my time between trying to finish a few things World of Warcraft before the new expansion releases next month and Cities Skylines. My plan for this week was to do a bit of flight simming, but things as usual haven;t worked out that way. Still planning on doing a flight or two in Prepar3d. Picked up FlyTampa's Boston Rebooted airport this week for Prepar3d, was my one concession to summer sales, so one of them is going to be from or to there.

I may play some Elite with the latest update, but I'm not really holding my breath on it. I haven't generally minded when developers release a game, with the intention of supporting it for the long term, but with how long Elite has been out now, I really feel like it should be farther along then it is.
PanzersEast: Have to think to myself.... will I play the first one by the Winter Sale?  Probably not, then I should remove Dragonfall
PanzersEast: but that is thinking too logically.... and Steam Sales are about ignoring Logic

---
Twitch Channel
YouTube Channel
Twitter - @KushanGaming
Discord Chat
Command Northern Inferno Let's Play

Sir Slash

I'm giving Skyrim some much neglected love this weekend. I just found a whole nest of new Pirates to snipe with my 'Epic Dwarven Bow'.  O0  Enjoy your weekend Grogs!
"Take a look at that". Sgt. Wilkerson-- CMBN. His last words after spotting a German tank on the other side of a hedgerow.

Cyrano

Organizing the Grogheads 1809 KS.  Terribly excited, but intimidated in the bargain. 

JTS playtesting X2.  One of them is among the best Napoleonic scenarios I've ever played in this system.

JTS Jena-Auerstedt

Spy Party

Still must get Napoleon 1806 to the table.  Pavlov's House skipped ahead of it.

And really want to do some more C&C:N Epic stuff..

So many games, so little time.

Sergeant at Arms of La Fraternite des Boutons Carres

One mustachioed, cigar-chomping, bespectacled deity, entirely at your service.

You didn't know? My Corps has already sailed to Berlin. We got there 3 days ago and we've been in the Tiergarten on the piss ever since. -- Marshal Soult, October 1806

Barthheart

Quote from: Cyrano on July 06, 2018, 12:12:50 PM
Organizing the Grogheads 1809 KS.  Terribly excited, but intimidated in the bargain. 

JTS playtesting X2.  One of them is among the best Napoleonic scenarios I've ever played in this system.

JTS Jena-Auerstedt

Spy Party

Still must get Napoleon 1806 to the table.  Pavlov's House skipped ahead of it.

And really want to do some more C&C:N Epic stuff..

So many games, so little time.

What happened to Seal Team Flix?!?

This weekend I'll be trying to read up on an obscure battle in the arcane time of some dude named Nappy.... what we won't do to prep for a game.

Continuing my Human campaign in Stellaris... the year is 2410 (ish) so about half way through...

More Armageddon War on the table.

Lots of yardwork to catch up on as I've done nothing but swim and drink beer during the last week of heat wave.

Cyrano

What happened to Seal Team Flix?!?

This weekend I'll be trying to read up on an obscure battle in the arcane time of some dude named Nappy.... what we won't do to prep for a game.

A:  Making my way through a THIRTY PAGE RULEBOOK FOR A FLICKING GAME takes time.

B:  In some smallish way, my life is now complete.

EDIT:  My beloved says: "Dice don't care."

Sergeant at Arms of La Fraternite des Boutons Carres

One mustachioed, cigar-chomping, bespectacled deity, entirely at your service.

You didn't know? My Corps has already sailed to Berlin. We got there 3 days ago and we've been in the Tiergarten on the piss ever since. -- Marshal Soult, October 1806