Every Friday you take

Started by Anguille, October 05, 2018, 01:31:32 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Anguille

The Police:my favorite band when i was young...so bad they didn't continue. Their songs are still amazing.

I plan to continue my Stellaris campaign. This is my second campaign. I gave up my first campaign after i started to have no energy, no minerals and no food (is there a way to salvage such a game?) despite controlling 4 planets and not being at war with my neigbours.

I will also work on my Civilization 6 campaign with Rise & Fall. I would like to achieve a Scientific Victory but have no idea if i will manage.

I also starded an Horizon game, playing a few turns a day.

Happy Weekend.

Gusington

Probably one of my top 5 bands of all time!

A little more Witcher 3 this weekend, and then I am hell bent on starting Vampyr and a Vampire campaign in Warhammer TW.

Just purchased Resident Evil 7: Biohazard as well for additional family Halloween fun.

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

JudgeDredd

I LOVE the Police...great toon.

I'll be continuing F1 2018 - it's Monaco this weekend so I've upgraded all my parts - that way I can take the penalties where I am going to do badly. So I'll be at the back of the grid in qualy I expect and make a few places up in the race only to plant the car into the barriers.

I will also possibly play Assassins Creed Odyssey if I buy it...I'm tempted.

Finally, there will be some painting of my model 1/720 USS George Washington. It's built into segments and primed. I've just got to paint it now and fit all the pieces together
Alba gu' brath

JasonPratt

I finally started the Shadow of War campaign last night, which surprised me in having the Bright Ring (a second Ring of Power) being forged in the first cutscene. I really thought the prologue would be about doing that! -- but I guess from a gameplay standpoint it ends up making sense, because this should power-up the hero even further, yet for gameplay's sake he needs to start off back at Level 1 functionality (more or less) and thus a lot weaker than he ended the prior game.

So instead the Prologue turns out to use the Ring (and a legacy character from the books, given a rather direct anti-Galadriel makeover) to nerf Talion and his ghost buddy drastically by separating the ghost from the Ring immediately and requiring the player to now make the ghost strong enough again to feasibly take back the Ring. (I'm trying to avoid spoilers for anyone who hasn't played this or even the first game yet.)

So chapter one actually turns out to involve trying to save Minas Ithil, the fort city guarding a western pass over the mountains into Mordor, into the ghost city of Minas Ungol (?) -- not sure I've got the right name there, it's the city near Shelob's cave where the Witch King, leader of the Nazgul, hung out, and gathered up his army to attack Gondor. It glowed a poisonous ghostly green in the film, which is foreshadowed briefly during its game introduction. So, the only option is failure I guess. ;) But I assume we'll succeed in recovering the Palantir held there, which was one of the seeing stones that went missing in the books/films. (It probably wasn't missing, so much as being used in a cursed city by Sauron's agents.)

Aside from that, I'll be plugging along on my campaign as the Allies trying to stop Stalin's invasion, against Shelldrake, in the StratComGrogFest tournament (and maybe also playing Yskonyn, not quite sure yet).

And I'll be watching for developments in the forum Kriegspiel game "Death Ride of Lannes", and taking appropriate actions there (I hope!)

And last but far from least, I'll be umping the GROGPUBLIC crew, who are forging ahead into Turn Two, with two new players joining in this week! The war against the last Roman king has been beaten by the Senate, but at great cost; and the way the game is set up I know the struggle to keep the Republic alive is about to get a lot more challenging for the Senate! They may need all the help they can get, and two slots remain open for anyone wanting to join! (See my sig link for the game thread.) Welcome to Players 5 and 6, while I'm at it, Malize for the Populists, and Erax for the Progressives!)
ICEBREAKER THESIS CHRONOLOGY! -- Victor Suvorov's Stalin Grand Strategy theory, in lots and lots of chronological order...
Dawn of Armageddon -- narrative AAR for Dawn of War: Soulstorm: Ultimate Apocalypse
Survive Harder! -- Two season narrative AAR, an Amazon Blood Bowl career.
PanzOrc Corpz Generals -- Fantasy Wars narrative AAR, half a combined campaign.
Khazâd du-bekâr! -- narrative dwarf AAR for LotR BfME2 RotWK campaign.
RobO Q Campaign Generator -- archived classic CMBB/CMAK tool!

jamus34

After the week I've had I think a bottle of halfway decent Islay scotch will be in my future with maybe some 4X space or land based sim. endless space 2, endless legend and civ are all possibilities

Maybe some Monster Hunter World to take out some of my frustration on some giant monsters (if there isn't a metaphor in there I don't know what is.)

Also looking to try to get some work done on my painting station, never ending yard work, wash and wax car, board game with kids.
Insert witty comment here.

MengJiao

Quote from: JudgeDredd on October 05, 2018, 06:57:37 AM
I LOVE the Police...great toon.

I will also possibly play Assassins Creed Odyssey if I buy it...I'm tempted.

Same here.  I'm not sure my current machine (i7 quad, but not all that much Graphics and memory) will work well on Assassin's Creed Odyssey   Which also moved me to wonder: has the Assassin's series worked over the origin of the actual assassins sect?  In Lebanon in the 12th Century?  IIRC the (?  Sufi Mystic?) Assassins up on their mountain arranged to have a modus vivendi with the Templars on a neighboring mountain.  Seems like an obvious waddya going to do with your plot of plots moment.

Barthheart

Turkey day on Monday up here in the Great White North so 3 day weekend!  :D

Pool closing weekend... if it ever stops raining...

Took the free offer on Steam for Orwell... interesting game... logic problem type with lots of reading.

Bloody Kreigspeil still on going...

Maybe breakout DVG's Warfighter for the game table.

mbar

Just realized I need to download Star Control: Origins. I'll probably build some ships in Space Engineers too.

DoctorQuest

Four day vacation weekend for me. Headed to Louisville KY for a little R&R. Going to the U of Louisville football game tonight.

Dr. Who premier on Sunday. The DVR is all set.
"Everything you read on the internet is true." - Benjamin Franklin

"Zero-G and I feel fine....." - John Glenn

"I reject your reality and substitute my own." - Adam Savage, inventor of the alternative fact.

Jarhead0331

Going to be a lot of AssCreed Odyssey for me. I'm about 6 hours in and loving it so far. I will try to break for some IL-2 1946 with a few different mods I'm experimenting with and maybe some DCS to get in the mood for the upcoming community A-4 project, as well as the Tomcat by Heat Blur. They have a big announcement scheduled for 10/7. Hopefully, its a release date that is right around the corner. Fingers crossed.

Finally, if there is any time left, maybe some Star Control: Origins. Was dabbling last week and it wasn't too bad at all.
Grogheads Uber Alles
Semper Grog
"No beast is more alpha than JH." Gusington, 10/23/18

Rayfer

Great song choice. Perhaps we should all be playing the S.T.A.L.K.E.R. series this weekend.  :D  Having bailed from Civ 6 I am back at Aggressors Ancient Rome.

MetalDog

@Pratt: Minas Morgul

@ Barthheart: Waiting for something to happen in Kriegsspiel?!  You get tired of herding cats already?  ;) 

Been playing Warlock MP with a friend.  We are having trouble getting Civ IV to work MP through Steam.  Been on vacation all week.  Got a lot of Medieval 2:Total War in.  I'm the HRE.  I already eliminated Milan and took Venice from Venice.  But France has control of the Papacy and I can't get enough turns in to take Bern and Metz.  And the Mongols just declared on my allies, Poland.
And the One Song to Rule Them All is Gimme Shelter - Rolling Stones

"If its a Balrog, I don't think you get an option to not consent......." - bob

JasonPratt

Quote from: MetalDog on October 05, 2018, 09:50:58 AM
@Pratt: Minas Morgul

Ah! -- yes, I was confusing it with nearby Cirith Ungol, the watchtower on the other side of the peaks. (Which I feel pretty confident I'll be seeing later in the game, if I haven't seen it already in the first game.)
ICEBREAKER THESIS CHRONOLOGY! -- Victor Suvorov's Stalin Grand Strategy theory, in lots and lots of chronological order...
Dawn of Armageddon -- narrative AAR for Dawn of War: Soulstorm: Ultimate Apocalypse
Survive Harder! -- Two season narrative AAR, an Amazon Blood Bowl career.
PanzOrc Corpz Generals -- Fantasy Wars narrative AAR, half a combined campaign.
Khazâd du-bekâr! -- narrative dwarf AAR for LotR BfME2 RotWK campaign.
RobO Q Campaign Generator -- archived classic CMBB/CMAK tool!

Sir Slash

One of my favorite M2TW campaigns was as HRE, lots of fun but those German accents just kill me!

Trying to make some progress in Pillars 2 and watching Humming Birds drink at the feeder outside my window. I'll be joining them a little later. Have a great first weekend of October Grogs.
"Take a look at that". Sgt. Wilkerson-- CMBN. His last words after spotting a German tank on the other side of a hedgerow.

Crossroads

What a great tune that was. Although the eighties tune playing on my head today was  :smitten:

At electronic frontlines, I'll be trying out some new Origins 2018 Staff scenarios for Flashpoint Campaigns.

Also taking DvG's Warfighter to the table for a few bad@ss battles
Campaign Series Legion | CS: Vietnam 1948-1967 | CS: Middle East 1948-1985

CS: Vietnam DAR: LZ Albany as NVA (South Vietnam 11/17/65)  
CS: Middle East AARs: High Water Mark (Syria 10/12/73) Me vs Berto | Riptide (Libya 8/6/85) Me vs Berto | The Crossroads (West Bank 6/5/67)  Me vs Berto

Boardgame AARs: AH D-Day | MMP PanzerBlitz2 Carentan | OSS Putin's Northern War | GMT Next War: Poland | LnL Against the Odds DIY