Preview#2 video LnL's Nations at War digital

Started by -budd-, March 10, 2017, 05:50:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

-budd-

Been awhile since the first preview. Would of liked game sound effects rather than the music but the game looks interesting.

Enjoy when you can, and endure when you must.  ~Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

Be Yourself; Everyone Else is Taken ~Oscar Wilde

*I'm in the Wargamer middle ground*
I don't buy all the wargames I want, I just buy more than I need.

jomni

Maybe no sound effects like the board game.

Thrawn

Hi Guys,

No sound effects because we wanted it to be feature complete before we do that.  We are now working on the scenarios and the sound effects.

David

Zulu1966

Quote from: Thrawn on March 11, 2017, 03:38:17 PM
Hi Guys,

No sound effects because we wanted it to be feature complete before we do that.  We are now working on the scenarios and the sound effects.

David

Dont know the board game - is this another beer and pretzels thing ?
"you are the rule maker, the dictator, the mini- Stalin, Mao, Hitler, the emperor, generalissimo, the MAN. You may talk the talk and appear to be quite easy going to foster popularity, but to the MAN I say F*CK YOU." And Steve G is F******g rude ? Just another day on the BF forum ... one demented idiots reaction to BF disagreeing about the thickness of the armour on a Tiger II turret mantlet.

mirth

Quote from: Zulu1966 on March 15, 2017, 01:03:42 PM
Hi Guys,

David

I haven't played Nations at War, but I have played at a lot of World at War which is the system NaW is based on. It's more involved than beer & pretzels. Not super complex, but not beer & pretzels.

Tank on Tank is beer & pretzels.
"45 minutes of pooping Tribbles being juggled by a drunken Horta would be better than Season 1 of TNG." - SirAndrewD

"you don't look at the mantelpiece when you're poking the fire" - Bawb

"Can't 'un' until you 'pre', son." - Gus

Barthheart

Quote from: mirth on March 15, 2017, 01:13:05 PM
Hi Guys,

David

I haven't played Nations at War, but I have played at a lot of World at War which is the system NaW is based on. It's more involved than beer & pretzels. Not super complex, but not beer & pretzels.

What he said.

If you know Panzer Blitz and Panzer Leader from the old AH days, Nations at War is the same scale and complexity.

Zulu1966

Quote from: Barthheart on March 15, 2017, 01:44:29 PM
Hi Guys,

David

What he said.

If you know Panzer Blitz and Panzer Leader from the old AH days, Nations at War is the same scale and complexity.

Right - Mapboards look very small ...
"you are the rule maker, the dictator, the mini- Stalin, Mao, Hitler, the emperor, generalissimo, the MAN. You may talk the talk and appear to be quite easy going to foster popularity, but to the MAN I say F*CK YOU." And Steve G is F******g rude ? Just another day on the BF forum ... one demented idiots reaction to BF disagreeing about the thickness of the armour on a Tiger II turret mantlet.

Crossroads

Quote from: Barthheart on March 15, 2017, 01:44:29 PM
Hi Guys,

David

What he said.

Fun quick playing games. Most scenarios play over in two to four hours too, perfect for those after work wargaming sessions at your local club  O0
Campaign Series Legion | CS: Vietnam 1948-1967 | CS: Middle East 1948-1985

CS: Vietnam DAR: LZ Albany as NVA (South Vietnam 11/17/65)  
CS: Middle East AARs: High Water Mark (Syria 10/12/73) Me vs Berto | Riptide (Libya 8/6/85) Me vs Berto | The Crossroads (West Bank 6/5/67)  Me vs Berto

Boardgame AARs: AH D-Day | MMP PanzerBlitz2 Carentan | OSS Putin's Northern War | GMT Next War: Poland | LnL Against the Odds DIY

gabeeg

Looks pretty good, might have to pick this one up.  I never played the board game version so it is new to me but looks interesting.   Will it be released this spring...summer?
Kind Regards,
Harry