Middle Provincial Era GROGPUBLIC game thread

Started by JasonPratt, September 17, 2018, 05:04:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

JasonPratt

Acilius' Influence +6 FOR Acquittal.
Plutocrat Provisional votes +16
Populist Provisional votes -25
Progressives announce -7 -4. (Progressives each gain 1 Influence, Flam to 28, Plaut to 17, total up 2 to 45.)
Militarists announce -12.

Current provisional net vote = -26.

Both remaining Players, Aristocrats and Conservatives, would have to vote FOR Acquittal in order to reverse that. This wouldn't end the Trial, but it would set the probabilities for the outcome.
ICEBREAKER THESIS CHRONOLOGY! -- Victor Suvorov's Stalin Grand Strategy theory, in lots and lots of chronological order...
Dawn of Armageddon -- narrative AAR for Dawn of War: Soulstorm: Ultimate Apocalypse
Survive Harder! -- Two season narrative AAR, an Amazon Blood Bowl career.
PanzOrc Corpz Generals -- Fantasy Wars narrative AAR, half a combined campaign.
Khazâd du-bekâr! -- narrative dwarf AAR for LotR BfME2 RotWK campaign.
RobO Q Campaign Generator -- archived classic CMBB/CMAK tool!

Tripoli

Quote from: JasonPratt on February 04, 2019, 05:09:22 PM
Yep! -- but not official study, just picked up the ability to pick out things over the years. In this case I was patching together a couple of well-known Synoptic phrases from GosLuke and GosMatt.

I do a lot of exegetical commentary writing (unofficially), so being able to at least use grammatic tools and sources is important, even if I can't always pick out things by eye. I focus more on narrative and thematic contexts, but sometimes grammar can turn up interesting things.

I do a bit of Christian apologetics.  Now that I'm retired, I hope to do some more. 
"Do I not destroy my enemies when I make them my friends?" -Abraham Lincoln

Ethel the Frog

Not sure what motivated you guys to this execution. 

But, I do want you to know that this consul used extortion--threatened to do this to me unless I paid him off. 

ArizonaTank

Johannes "Honus" Wagner
"The Flying Dutchman"
Shortstop: Pittsburgh Pirates 1900-1917
Rated as the 2nd most valuable player of all time by Bill James.

IncompetentIdiot

Quote from: Ethel the Frog on February 04, 2019, 11:38:06 PM

But, I do want you to know that this consul used extortion--threatened to do this to me unless I paid him off.
The Consul(s), the Dictator, or the Censor?

JasonPratt

Acilius' Influence +6 FOR Acquittal.
Plutocrat Provisional votes +16
Populist Provisional votes -25
Progressives announce -7 -4. (Progressives each gain 1 Influence, Flam to 28, Plaut to 17, total up 2 to 45.)
Militarists announce -12.
Aristocrats announce -18 -9 activists.
Conservatives announce +14. (Their activists can only trigger on Proposals, which this isn't.)

Current provisional net vote = -39.

We're missing actual votes from Malize and the Frog.

The Frog is in actual real-life court today so can't post, but he sends a clarification by hangout chat: "The guy prosecuting me did the extortion. Malize. He offered immunity for 10 talents."
ICEBREAKER THESIS CHRONOLOGY! -- Victor Suvorov's Stalin Grand Strategy theory, in lots and lots of chronological order...
Dawn of Armageddon -- narrative AAR for Dawn of War: Soulstorm: Ultimate Apocalypse

JasonPratt

The Plutocrats decide it's time to stop screwing around, and so they make their vote: the Frog declares by chat, that he'll play a Tribune from his hand to veto the Trial. (He can only do this before or while making his vote, thus my distinction between provisional and actual voting.)

I can confirm that he does indeed have a Tribune to do this with, but I'll have to wait until after work to process it over to the discard pile.

This does NOT Acquit Acilius. His Major suspicion thus also remains.

However, it does mean that Junius has used up his one Major investigation for this Turn.

(This is why there was no point in him playing a Tribune last Turn, against the Minor Investigation, even though he was going to lose: the Censor can launch two Minor Investigations, so would have been free to just start up the Investigation again from scratch with presumably everyone voting the same as before. It would have been a total waste of a Tribune.)

This ends the Prosecution segment. All suspicions, Major and Minor, are removed until next Turn.

Presiding Magistrate duties shift back over to the Dictator Julius of the Militarists (i.e. back to Tripoli).

This also ends all Mandatory Business.

Allow me to add, that for the first time in the game, all Major Offices are now filled!  <:-) ("Governor" is not a senatorial office, strictly speaking.)

Tripoli can now proceed to Propose Other Business (or other Players can do so by Tribune).

Tripoli

Quote from: Ethel the Frog on February 04, 2019, 11:38:06 PM

It was nothing personal.  I wanted to separate you from that Tribune card.   As far as additional business: If anyone wants to propose additional business, I'm all ears.  I won't need to be bribed.  I'm currently very concerned about the wars we are facing.  PM me or post here any suggestions on what we need to do to save Rome.  I'll wait until 7 PM CST

Erax

Following your suggestion in PM, let's raise 5 legions and 4 fleets.

Tripoli

Sorry for the delay. I got stuck in an RL ice storm and got home much later than I anticipated last night.  The First order of business is to vote on military expenditures.  I'm proposing raising 4 fleets and 5 legions, for a cost of 90 talents.  To expedite, there will be no voting order-just chime in.  I will vote for the proposal.

malize

Voting for the military increase.

As a clarification on the "extortion" claim, Jason can affirm that my intent was for both myself and the frog to benefit while avoiding whatever the ruling juntas intention was in basically pointing a loaded gun at the plutocrats...and that former high priest had brought woe unto the republic mind you.

Unfortunately the plutocrats saw it as entirely selfish money grubbing on my part, when I was actually providing a relatively cheap "out".   

So now we know the value of a tribune card is somewhat the same as 10 talents?

JasonPratt

Heh!

Yes, I can confirm that that was the gist of the verbal offer made to the Frog.

Erax