* **********  Combat Roll = 6  Modified Roll = 8  **********
* Defender Loss = 2
* Pursuit Result  = 4
* Combat Board Reset for New Round/Attack
* *******  Combat Resolved  *******

drep

I'll burn 2 RPs and stick around for another round

rstites25

I'll move back to 2360 (adjacent to Tay Ninh). Are you still passing on operations?

drep

JasonPratt

I have to say, I'm curious about the strategy of being kicked around the map by assault instead of moving anywhere!  :cowboy:

(I realize an actual explanation could easily reveal strategy to Meat; this is only a reminder to ask for commentary later when it's safer to do so.  O:-) )

ICEBREAKER THESIS CHRONOLOGY! -- Victor Suvorov's Stalin Grand Strategy theory, in lots and lots of chronological order...
Dawn of Armageddon -- narrative AAR for Dawn of War: Soulstorm: Ultimate Apocalypse
Survive Harder! -- Two season narrative AAR, an Amazon Blood Bowl career.
PanzOrc Corpz Generals -- Fantasy Wars narrative AAR, half a combined campaign.
Khazâd du-bekâr! -- narrative dwarf AAR for LotR BfME2 RotWK campaign.
RobO Q Campaign Generator -- archived classic CMBB/CMAK tool!

rstites25

Quote from: JasonPratt on July 12, 2017, 03:08:49 PM
I have to say, I'm curious about the strategy of being kicked around the map by assault instead of moving anywhere!  :cowboy:

(I realize an actual explanation could easily reveal strategy to Meat; this is only a reminder to ask for commentary later when it's safer to do so.  O:-) )

The first season is a little bit different in that the VC (IIRC) don't have any restrictions on placement in terms of proximity to the SVN border (trail supply) or the sea (sea supply) and there aren't any regional maximums. As a result, Dan was probably able to place units precisely where he wanted them more frequently than he will be in future reinforcement segments.

Plus, we're both very much just learning the game.  :)

drep

I'll plead incompetence with my initial placement: I didn't realize that security operations didn't allow the VC to alert/disperse. Had I known that I would have done things differently.

rstites25

Strat move.

The units in 1266 trigger a potential reaction move for either the patrolling units. That stack is 2 3-0-8 battalions, a 0-5-6 HQ, and the 0-4-6 artillery you see on top. TYhey came from Dinh Tuong. 

drep

rstites25

Strat moved a Marine division down from Saigon. Reaction opportunity.

drep

I'll stay put and pass again

rstites25

Strat move with another reaction Op.

drep

rstites25

I think I'll pass too, to end the first turn. If you wanted to clean up the VASSAL file, that would be great. I probably won't be able to get around to declaring my patrol/holding missions (and resetting available support, etc.) until this evening.

JasonPratt

ICEBREAKER THESIS CHRONOLOGY! -- Victor Suvorov's Stalin Grand Strategy theory, in lots and lots of chronological order...
Dawn of Armageddon -- narrative AAR for Dawn of War: Soulstorm: Ultimate Apocalypse
Survive Harder! -- Two season narrative AAR, an Amazon Blood Bowl career.
PanzOrc Corpz Generals -- Fantasy Wars narrative AAR, half a combined campaign.
Khazâd du-bekâr! -- narrative dwarf AAR for LotR BfME2 RotWK campaign.
RobO Q Campaign Generator -- archived classic CMBB/CMAK tool!