Recent Posts

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10
Forum-Based Games / Re: Early Provincial Era GROGPUBLIC game thread
« Last post by Erax on Today at 04:59:12 AM »
For future reference, JP's rules on veterancy levels are on page 65 of this thread. The cost for training our vets keeps going up as we get more and more of them but we might consider setting some money aside for the next upgrade.
Computer Wargaming / Re: Vampire - The Masquerade: Bloodlines 2
« Last post by Father Ted on Today at 04:41:09 AM »
Interesting...I might just get a stake in this one.
Computer Wargaming / Re: ‘Cause that’s what FRIDAYS are made of
« Last post by Huw the Poo on Today at 04:27:17 AM »
Nice!  Thanks Anguille!
Computer Wargaming / Re: ‘Cause that’s what FRIDAYS are made of
« Last post by Anguille on Today at 01:41:11 AM »
I will mostly be playing a campaign of Genghis Khan in Oriental Empires. Goal is to win that scenario (though it's hard).

I bought this recently but haven't given it a fair shake yet.  Any quick tips for a first-timer?

Oriental Empires is more complex than one might think.

Here are my quick tips:

- Start one game with a small map as the normal maps are huge. Imho, it will help you understand the mechanics of the game faster.

- Ressources. Some ressources give you cash without any buildings (rhinos etc). Others requires some mining facilities.

- Don't build everything. Buildings can be very very expensive. At the beginning of the game focus buildings in you main city and only key buildings (archery for example).

I recommend to read the guide by Sanvone. It's a must if you want to master the game:

https://steamcommunity.com/app/357310/discussions/0/1488861734124212832/

This is also nice

Other Games Around the Table / Re: The Spice Must Flow...Dune REPRINT!
« Last post by Barthheart on Yesterday at 10:35:50 PM »
Never had the original version, but will probably be getting this one. Heard nothing but good things.
Gale Force 9 does some good work.
Computer Wargaming / Re: The Division 2
« Last post by Kushan on Yesterday at 09:49:01 PM »
So think I figured it out. I leveled up my base of Operations to level 2 and it unlocked the ability to take the points. Think each zone requires a certain BoO in order to take the points.

BTW taking the solar farm was so worth it. After I took it there's like 50 boxes of various types laying around waiting to be looted.
Other Games Around the Table / Re: The Spice Must Flow...Dune REPRINT!
« Last post by SirAndrewD on Yesterday at 08:59:49 PM »
Yep, day one buy for me.  Got the old classic and French version sitting sealed in a box somewhere in my storage closet of rare things. 

Can't wait to have a version I can actually play.
Computer Wargaming / Re: We The Revolution
« Last post by Philippe on Yesterday at 07:46:04 PM »
Interesting historical note: Apparently to encourage bakers to produce enough bread (which was a low profit item in pre-revolutionary France) they were compelled to provide a customer with more expensive cake, at the same price as bread, if they could not provide any bread. Hence Marie Antoinette when told there was no bread, and famously saying "let them eat cake" was merely pointing out the bakers obligation under the law to make good the shortage. Maybe she wasn't such a bad lass after all?

Brioche is not the same thing as cake.
« Last post by Huw the Poo on Yesterday at 06:52:37 PM »
Nope, haven't seen that mate.
« Last post by Kushan on Yesterday at 06:48:31 PM »
Has anyone else run into an issue where they can't take a control point? I've been trying to take points in East Mall all week but the option to call in allies doesn't appear thus not allowing me to take the point.
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10